‹ Prequel: Love Gone Mad
Status: Active

Anchor

Getting Better

“What are you two doing here?” George asked as he followed Adara onto the beach. She had gotten there before him and was already tackling the couple with hugs.

“Bill and Fluer sent us an owl,” Rachelle replied as she swung her arms around Adara in a tight hug. “They said something about watching the house.” Her wavy, golden, blonde hair had grown out just past her waist.

George nodded in response and smiled, “Brilliant, us too.”

“How are you, mate?” George continued as he and Draco shook hands. It had been several weeks since the men had seen each other last.

Draco looked to his left at Rachelle and Adara who were sitting in the sand, talking quietly.

“Never better,” Draco smirked, “How is she?” He asked, referring to Adara.

“Better,” George replied, looking over at Adara. “Bill's letter couldn't have come at a more perfect time. She needed to get out of the house.”

Draco nodded as he ran a hand through his hair. “Where are you two going?” He turned to look behind him and watched the girls racing toward the cottage.

“We'll be back.” The two called out in unison.

“I knew it!” Adara squealed as the back door shut behind her.

“Quiet, you,” Rachelle harshly whispered back. She peeked out the window to make sure Draco was still out on the beach.

“'How long? When did it happen?” Adara grabbed Rachelle's hands while her eyes studied every movement of her friend's face.

“Only a week,” Rachelle bit her bottom lip. “Draco just..”

“Tell me everything!” Adara jumped up and down, bursting with excitement.

“He just showed up outside my door one morning and he kissed me.” Rachelle's cheeks turned a deep shade of pink as she recalled the memory.

“He's always been a brat like that,” Adara giggled. Her smile grew wider and she hugged her best friend. “I'm so happy for you!” Rachelle's recovery was a slow process after the death of her fiance Fred. Adara was beyond pleased to see her friend in love once again.

The door squeaked open behind her, “If you're trying to talk in secret, Adara's not helping,” George informed as he stepped into the conversation. Adara just stared up at him blankly before rolling her eyes.

The sun had set a few hours prior and Rachelle and Adara found themselves lounging in the sand, staring out at the dark ocean.

“How are you doing?” Rachelle looked over at her friend and reached out a hand.

Adara let out a long breath and looked up at the moon, “Things are a little better.” She looked over at Rachelle who was watching her closely. “George has been more than helpful.”

Rachelle smiled warmly, “He has always taken good care of you.”

“Even when we were dating,” Adara added in with a laugh, “Blimey, Hogwarts seems like ages ago.”

“Did somebody say Hogwarts?” Draco interrupted, smiling down at the two of them. “Rachelle, do you want to go on a walk with me?”

Rachelle sent a look over at Adara, who smiled as she sat up.

She watched the two link arms and began their stroll down the beach.

“It's about time, right?” George spoke up from behind.

“Yes,” Adara smiled before letting out a small yawn. She patted the spot beside her which George gladly took.

“What were you and Rachelle talking about?” George asked as he leisurely wrapped an arm around Adara. He smelt of smoke from the fire he and Draco had been sitting around.

“Hogwarts,” Adara answered, she watched a half smile appear on George's face. “And how you always take care of me.”

George blinked then looked over at his wife, his eyes softened.

“You've always been so good to me, George,” Adara whispered as she laid her head on his shoulder. “I'm sorry if I ever did anything that hurt you over the past few weeks.”

“Adara,” George spoke, he took his arm out from around her and stood up. She watched him closely and then George held out a hand to help her up. She accepted and began dusting the sand off her bare legs.

“The only thing that hurt me how you acted as if you were alone,” George spoke quietly but strongly. Adara listened with full attention. A soft breeze began to blow, sending a chill down Adara's spine.

“I never want you to feel that way,” George grabbed her hands and spoke softly, “I'm with you until the end.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back :)