Status: WorkInProgress.

Beautiful Beautiful

Chapter 4.

KATARZYNA

It’s been a week since Lakota told me what Dallas thought of me. It’s actually helped me start to get better. I’m not as upset lately.

And I’ve been talking to Dad a lot recently. I think being about to say everything that’s wrong is really helping me.

Stefan heard me talk to Dad yesterday, and told me he’d always be there for me to talk to. I’m glad I have him.

Lakota has been extremely supportive and helpful, he’s a great boyfriend.

Math is abhorrent… I sit right next to Ava. She’s always showing off her looks. She can’t even erase a number without flaunting her body… She disgusts me.

The bell rang, a 10 second long buzz mixed with the noises of typical students. Time to go find Kota.

He’d probably be in the art room, so I head for there.

I can hear Ava as I get close to the door, so I hurry more.

I look in the room, and see her on one of the tables, her legs right by Lakota’s nervous face.

No… He’s cheating on me… With her. This can’t be happening.

“You’re just so cute, Lakota.” She tapped his nose.

Lakota spoke something, but I couldn’t hear them anymore.

“Lakota? Ava? Really, Ava?” I turned out the door and started down the stairs.

“Zyn, wait. Come back.” He chased after me.

“Why?”

“Katarzyna, nothing is going on. She was flirting with me, she knew you were coming up there. She’s screwing with your head. I know you were hoping to be prettier than her in 6 months.. I found the note, okay..?” He grabbed my hand and turned me around.

“You read that? That’s why you went to my house when you talked to Dallas… Isn’t it? Isn’t it? You’re playing with my head, too… You’re only helping me because that note.”

“No… Kat, that’s not what’s going on.”

“Kat…? You’re the first one to call me that… Since Dad left for Russia last year… What’s wrong with you? You should know not to call me that… Just. Don’t bother worrying about my problems anymore, it’s none of your business. Bye.” I pulled my hand away and finished going down the stairs.