Status: refer to There's You and There's Me

Kryptonite

Play Play Play All The Same Old Games

Cory had seen Niall everyday since we had been back, I personally had only caught glimpses of him. It honestly could have been any blond boy with hints of brown showing through, except for his one of a kind irish voice that echoed with every word he said. I had not actually seen him for real, or any other of the one direction boys, until Thursday ran around. Cory had classes all day and I was given a day off due to my boss having to work a party at night. I had woken up early, my weekday internal clock, still set to 8 and sat in front of the tv with a bowl of cereal in my hand not eating it for over an hour before Niall came over.

“Hey Sam.” He said crashing down on the couch next to me making me wobble and the cereal in my bowl almost spill out. I stared down at the bowl and then up at Niall in a sleepy haze. I scrunched my face in confusion.

"how did you get in?" I asked him looking for the goofy blind boy to the apartment door.

"Cory gave me your key." Niall said with a chuckle.
I nodded, turning back to face the tv. "Cory's not here." I said before shoveling some soggy cereal into my mouth.

"I know," Niall said laughing and grabbing my shoulders and shaking me awake. “I came to see you!” He said still laughing. “We’re gonna go outside.” He said with wide blue eyes that were big enough to be oceans.

I groaned. “No.” I said, setting my cereal on the table with a pout before getting up and running to my room throwing myself in the nice blankets.
I could hear Niall’s laugh getting closer and closer to me each notch I buried myself deeper and deeper with the covers.

“Come one Sam, I wanna play footy with you.” Niall whine with a mouth full.
I poked my head out. The blond irish boy was smirking at me while eating my cereal. I raised an eyebrow at him. “Footy?” I asked raising a little.

“Footy.” He responded.

“OK, I just have to be back before six.” I said hopping out of bed and to my closet.

Niall chuckles. “I promise that won’t be a problem.”

“Cool Cool.”

“Alright well I’m gonna go get Zayn, I’ll meet you downstairs in 30 minutes.” He said walking out of my room and the apartment.

I rolled my eyes before quickly changing into nike shorts and a large blue shirt. I slipped on some tenny shoes and my texas windbreaker and then I was ready to play soccer in the light london air. I should have told Niall that I would have been ready to go by the time he made it to a car but it didn’t seem relevant at the time. Now as I once again sat on my couch and waiting for 25 minutes to pass I found myself bored. I got up with a sigh, grabbing my backpack before leaving my apartment.

The car in me and Cory’s situation was Cory’s, so when she was at school I had to find my own way around the city, out of all the possibilities, underground, bus, taxi, I prefered just simply walking. So I walked into the outside world and didn’t stop until I was at a cozy coffee shop a couple blocks down. My arrival was announced by the bells swing from the door and most of the hipster eyes peered up at me before looking back down at their coffees. I smirked to myself and advanced down the aisle to the counter. There was a cute boy sitting in a stool there, he looked a little older than me, maybe. He didn’t not notice my arrival as the other customers had and just kept staring at his book. I cleared my throat. At first he looked annoyed and then he smiled at me nice and real.

“Hi,” He said running a hand through his messy blond hair.

“Hi.” I giggled.

He stared for a second before a loud male voice cleared his throat much as I had a minute before. This sent the boy back into gear with a sigh.

“What can I get ya?” He asked.

I looked behind him. There was a huge board of coffee and almost all it, which I personally fond strange since in England they drink tea. I drank tea. I was never ever fond of the way coffee
tasted but tea on the other hand I did like. I searched for any type of tea on the board.
“small yorkshire tea.” I told time.

He gave me a nod before turning around and moving around the counter making my tea. I sighed and leaned against the counter and turned away from the boy. I turned to see the next customer behind me, I turned to see Harry. My jaw dropped, before quickly shutting again. Harry chuckled at me setting him hand on the counter beside me and taking a step closer to me. I hadn’t seen Harry since the party at the Horan house which had been 5 days ago.

“Hey Harry.” I said becoming nervous.

“Hey Samantha, fancy meeting you here.” He said with a smirk.

I nodded a lump growing in my throat, I looked over at my shoulder at the boy making my tea. He was back ready his book waiting for the water to boil. I shook my head, took a deep breath before looking back at Harry. I better get used to seeing him sooner or later.

“I live a couple blocks away.” I said simply.

He nodded. “Cool Cool.”

I smiled at him. “I’m about to meet Niall and Zayn at my apartment in about 10 minutes, we’re gonna go play some football. You should join us.” I offered after 20 seconds of courage.

“Sounds fun, sure.” Harry said smiling down at me.

I blushed and turned away from him before he could see. Luckily the boy was coming back with my tea. I smiled at him as he handed me the warm to-go cup. I reach around me slippin off my backpack digging around for my wallet. As I pulled out the money, Harry knocked my hand back into my bag.

“Let me pay for you, I would like another order of what she got as well.” He said passing over a £20 to the boy.

“But-”I began looking dumbfounded at the boy next me.

“No Sam, you invited me to play footy with you the least I could do is pay for your drink.” He said simply.

I just shook my head at him, confused still with his logic and sipped my tea. Harry and I didn’t say much more while we waited for his tea but at the same time the boy at the counter worked a lot faster at Harry’s. Harry smiled at the boy as I had and we both thanked him at the same time. I gave him a strange look. Harry just laughed at me before wrapping an arm around my waist and leading me out the door.

“Which way?” He asked looking both ways before down at me.

“That way.” I said with a nod of my head and the nod of m cup in the direction toward my flat.

“So,” He said peering down at me with a cheeky smile. “How’s London treating you, Samantha?”

I smiled looking down at our feet as we stepped in unison. “Great,” I answered.

“Elaborate.” Harry insisted through laughter.

“Well Uh,” I stuttered. “I thought I would get tired of the cold and the rain. I mean it gets relatively cold in Austin but I’m a Texan it turns below 50 degrees and we bring out the heavy duty coats. The rain is actually kinda nice, it absolutely never rains, I mean we’re in a 20 year drought. It’s something you get used to.” I rambled ending on a shrug. “London’s only doing good things for me.” I realized and smiled brightly up at Harry forgetting who he was for a second.

“How so?” Harry asked his grip on my waist tightening.

“Well I don’t know if Liam told you but I kinda dropped out of college last year. Up until leaving I was kinda a mess.”

Harry just gave me a sad smile and didn’t press it but it didn’t really stop me from continuing. I wasn’t ashamed about the dropping out of college part. I was ashamed about how soon it took after dropping out of college that I became a big fat lazy mess, it only took a week.

“I kinda did nothing all day but sit in front of a computer screen and eat hot pockets all day for an entire semester. Cory was pissed that I dropped out of school and my parents were pissed I wasn’t working. When Cory was recommended to transfer her, she took it and dragged me along with her. I wasn’t allowed to be a mess anymore because I didn’t have my parents to lean on. So I got a job, I’m the best, my boss favorites me and I’m getting to go on a tour. So ya all good things.” I said beaming.

“That’s really cool Sam.” Harry answered.

I looked up at him, he was smiling and his dimples were out. “I’m sorry Harry. This conversation has been very one sided, How is London treating you?”

Harry laughed. “I’ve only been back for about 2 days, my mum dragged me home after the Horan party.” He said giving me a shy smile.

“So I heard.” I simply said watching him bush.

“It’s strange being at the flat alone, Lou’s gone with Eleanor so it’s weird being the only one there.”

“You do get to walk around naked though.” I joked.

“I do that anyway.” Harry answered laughing with me. “You should come by later.” He said with a wink.

“I would love that.” I said watching him smile. “But I can’t I have to go to this party at the gallery, It’s work.” I said pouting.

“It’s okay.” He said wearing a matching pout. “Rain check?” He added with a smile.

“Rain check.”

“So where is this apartment of yours?” Harry asked and for the first time I looked around.

“Shit.” I mumbled, we walked one block to far. I separated from Harry’s grip and turned around in a flash. “Went too far.” I said before slipping my hand in his and running the block, dragging Harry with me. We were in a fit of wheezy laughter as we crashed through the buildings doors and straight into Niall and Zayn.

“Hey mates.” Harry said to their confused faces.

“Sorry guys, I ran into Harry thought it’d be alright if he came along.” I said feeling bad for not asking even though he was their friend.

“It’s cool, I just thought you were coming home later tonight and we were gonna get pints.” Niall whined looking sad.

“Don’t worry Nialler, we’ll still get pints.” Harry said throwing an arm around him and dragging him out of my building.

“Hey,” I awkwardly said to Zayn as we trailed behind them.

“Hey,” He said chuckling at me.

“So did you and Niall work out a team situation?” I quizzed looking up at him with an eyebrow raised.

“Zarry versus Nam.” Zayn said in all seriousness.

“Did you just come up with that?” I laughed

“Oh yeah. I got something in between my ears Sam come on.” He said faking his offense.
I smirked up at him. “I know.”

We made the short walk to the park, that I didn’t even know was there, and set out in a race to get to the field. I was lagging behind all of them not surprising but none of them seemed to notice when I collapsed on the ground, next to them seconds behind, they just continued discussing the teams as if I had been there the whole time. I smiled, London really was great for me.

The teams worked out just as Zayn had suggested, Harry and Zayn and Niall and I. We all jumped up from our spots on the field and relocated to our partners side. Harry threw his arm around Zayn and they started laughing at Niall and I. Niall turned to me with a determined look on his face, he slapped his hands on my shoulder and scrunched up his face.

“Don’t worry Sam, we will win.” He said confidently. I smiled at him, his confidence powering mine. I stuck out my hand.

“Hell yeah.” I said as he shook my hand to seal the promise.
We turned back to Zayn and Harry and gave them matching angry faces, which just made them laugh harder.

I shrugged turning back to Niall, jumping up and down getting pumped.
“Let’s do this, Nialler!” I yelled.

“Alright, Alright S. Let’s get a plan.” He said bringing me in close in a huddle like form as Harry and Zayn were as well.

“I play defense.” Niall said jabbing a thumb to his chest.

I backed up a little bit looking amazed. “N, I play offense.”

“Awesome.” He said giving me a high five.

“It’s go time.” I said giving him a quick hug before we turned back to face Zayn and Harry.

“We’re gonna kick, your arses!” Niall barked at them.

Harry smirked. “I doubt that.” he and Zayn chuckled.

Harry and Zayn were ready, Niall and I were ready and the ball was in the middle waiting for either Zayn or I to kick it.

“Go!” Niall yelled and I smirked at Zayn before running to the ball. Zayn looked surprised by my sudden increase in speed and was not at all ready for when I maneuvered past him. I was always one of those people that was just better at the games versus actual practice, I just actually cared then for that hour of playing. Regardless of the fact that we were just joshing around, I wanted to win, I was always a competitive person I just was also used to not winning, but Niall promised we would.

I was dribbling, Zayn was quick on my tail and Harry was up in front of me. I backed up quickly turning to see Niall a few yards away in the clear. I made a mocking face at Harry before passing the ball to Niall, who kicked it through the two trees marking Zayn and Harry’s goal. Harry pouted running to get the ball while me and Niall victory danced.

“Now, now!” Harry said from his hunched down position, the ball at his feet. “Don’t celebrate too quick.” and then he kicked the ball past us to an awaiting Zayn. I stared at him my jaw dropped.

“Not fair.” I whined.

“Sam!” Niall yelled motioning for me to get Zayn with him, who was half to our goal. I screamed trying to catch up with Zayn but neither Niall or I got to him in time. And that’s how the game went back and forth; we would score and then they would cheat, we would score again and they would cheat so more, that’s how it went for a 5 hour game. Zayn and Harry had scored once more making us tied, everyone was tired.

“Alright, this is it next person to score wins.” Niall said whipping of his forehead sweat and putting his hands on his knees in a ready position. I sighed jogging from the goal the ball in my hand.

“Ready?” Niall whispered in my ear.
I nodded to worn out to speak words and set the ball in the middle. This time Zayn ran at it first but I shrugged and swiped the ball out of his feet as he ran past me. I was kicking it ahead of me before Harry came out of nowhere right on my heels. I took a deep breath and just kicked not even seeing where it went. I collapsed onto the ground and Harry tripped crumbling right on top of me. In the distint I could hear Niall shouting but all I could do was groan.

“Sorry.” Harry mumbled from on top of me.

I just groaned some more making him chuckle. Niall came running and pushed Harry off of me. He yanked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

“WOOOOO!” He yelled running around in a circle. I laughed against his back all the way until he set me down.

“I said we would win.” Niall said with a big smile.

“That you did.” I agreed.

“Alright well I gotta go.” I said looking at my watch as Zayn and Harry waddled over to us.

“Awwe, Why? Don’t you wanna go get pints with us?” Zayn asked

“I would but, I can’t I have to go to this party at my place of business. I'm sorry Zayn, I told Harry and Niall before.” I said talking in a fake british accent making them all laugh at me.

“Where do you work?” Harry asked smirking.

I raised an eyebrow at him. “Wing Photography.” I said looking at him suspiciously.

“Cool.” He said with a wink.

I shook my head at him. “Alrighty then. I’m gonna take off now, bye.” I said before turning sharply on my heel much to their further pestering and walked back to my place, which was only two blocks away.

I sighed when I made it back to my flat crashing back onto my couch, getting a sense of deja vu. I looked at my watch again.

“Crap.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I hope you like this chapter, I have the next couple planned and I know it's probably a little shorter but I really like it. Tell me what you think, I hope you subscribe It's mean a lot to me. I'm back from a week of camp so I'll be updating sooner most likely. also tell me what you think of the new theme.