Status: Discontinued.

If I Leave.

Feeling The Tension

I sighed softly as I was rudely awoken from my deep sleep that had last all night long but apparently my boyfriend thought it was time to wake me up; I don’t usually fall asleep with Jacob with me as he has to run patrol but every morning I wake up to him sleeping in my bed beside me after he climbs in through my window, so my Mom doesn’t find out that he has been spending the night with me.

“Jake stop, I was having a good dream and you always ruin them” I mumbled sleepily to him as he woke me up by placing soft sweet kisses all over my face; I would have found that romantic if I hadn’t been sleeping at the time so I rolled over onto my stomach in hopes that I could fall back to sleep.

“I know that I do darling but it’s time for you to get up, you’re helping Emily and Mason today remember?” Jake reminded me quietly as I felt him scoot closer to me letting his unnatural hot body warm me up; I opened my eyes when I felt him start to kiss my back and shoulders as I had worn a tank top to bed as I was too tired to care last night.

“Of course I remember but my bed is just so comfy and I don’t want to get up, it’s not like the Cullen’s are expecting Mason this early in the morning” I told my boyfriend after I had yawned and stretched out my body as I rolled onto my back so I could look at Jake; the first time he snuck into my room I had gotten a fright but now it felt strange if I didn’t wake up to him.

“That’s true but you and Emily have to help Mason get ready, you have to help get her packed and then I have to drive her into Forks. On top of that you still have to get ready yourself” Jacob told me as he smiled down at me which is something that I will never get tired of seeing; Jacob was doing to drive both Mason and I to the Cullen’s house because I wouldn’t stop bugging him until he agreed.

“I don’t take that long to get ready… most of the time” I said trying to defend myself even though I knew Jacob didn’t mind waiting for me which must be to do with me being his imprint; I still didn’t fully understand everything about imprinting and how there could be shape-shifters and vampires but I was getting there slowly.

I climbed out of my bed before I picked out the clothes that I wanted to wear and walked into the bathroom so I could take a shower and get ready for the day; I was doing my hair when I heard my Mom leave for work which is when Jake was able to leave my bedroom and get some breakfast ready for us.

Once I was dressed I headed to the kitchen where Jacob was already eating a huge pile of pancakes with my plate waiting for me; I sat at the dining table beside him and ate my breakfast as I tried to get my head around how Mason could be a shape-shifter and vampire at the same time, Jacob explained it to me yesterday but it was a lot to take in.

“Alright babe let’s get over to Sam’s house so we can get Mason on the move” Jacob said to me as I placed our plates in the dishwasher before I walked outside with him and climbed into his truck; it didn’t take us long to reach Sam and Emily’s house so once Jacob had parked his truck we walked straight inside which was normal for the guys and Leah to do.

“Hi Kayla, the girls are upstairs in Mason’s room. Their waiting for you so go on up” Sam greeted me when I walked inside with Jacob and I knew Sam would want to talk to Jacob before we took Mason away; I walked up the stairs and down the hallway before I opened the door to Mason’s bedroom and walked in.

“Morning Kayla, now I hate having to say this but let’s start packing” Emily said hugging me which I instantly returned and I knew how Emily felt as no one really wanted Mason to stay with the Cullen’s; Seth and Jacob were the only ones who didn’t mind being around the Cullen’s so I wasn’t sure who was going to visit her.

I was furious when Seth explained to me that Paul attacked her and was the reason she needed to rest so her body could heal; so when I was ready to storm off to find Paul and give him a piece of my mind Jacob literally held me back and made me promise him that I’d stay far away from Paul.

“It’s only going to be for a week or so Emily, I’ll be back here before you know it” Mason reassured Emily as she sat on her bed as we didn’t want her moving around that much; at least she was more steady on her feet now but it was obvious that even standing up still sent pain shooting up her legs.

“Besides doesn’t Dr Cullen just want to make sure that Mason is completely healed and to find out how the vampire venom saved her? Jake said that was a good thing” I said to both of them as I started looking through Mason’s closet and pulled out some clothes that she would need for her time at in Forks; I was looking forward to meeting the Cullen’s because Dr Cullen was really nice to me before.

“That’s exactly right Kayla, nothing will happen to me while I’m in their care. I’ll be fine Emily, please don’t worry about me so much” Mason said while Emily helped me pack the bag full of everything that Mason would need and we made sure that we didn’t forget anything; Emily called Sam upstairs so he could help Mason downstairs and outside to Jacob’s truck.

I carried Mason’s duffle bag downstairs which was taken by Jacob as soon as I stepped off the last step; we all walked out behind Sam before he helped Mason into the truck’s middle seat; after Mason said her goodbyes we drove off and got onto the highway that would take us from La Push into Forks.

For the whole drive I couldn’t help myself from asking both Jacob and Mason questions about being a shape-shifter; I asked anything that came to my mind like if it hurt when they phased into a wolf, how long could they stay in wolf form, how they could hear other wolves minds when in wolf for.

“I’ll answer all the questions you have later baby, because we’re here” Jacob said smiling as he turned off the road and onto a long dirt driveway that had the forest surrounding the driveway and the house; the house was breath-taking and I couldn’t stop staring at it until Jacob broke through my concentration.

“I’m fine to walk Jake” Mason told him as we climbed out of his truck and while I picked up her bag from the trunk it was Jacob who helped her out of his truck; I saw Dr Cullen walk out through the front door with who I assumed to be his wife right behind him and she was even more beautiful than the house was.

“Welcome to our house Mason, this must be Kayla. We’ve all heard so much about you sweetie, you are all Jacob talks about” Esme said to me with a wide happy smile gracing her face as she walked over to me and gave me a hug which I wasn’t really expecting; I of course hugged her back while Dr Cullen helped Mason into their house as Jacob watched us.

“Thanks Esme, that’s something that Kayla didn’t really need to know” Jacob said chuckling as he entwined his fingers with mine as Esme lead us both inside; Mason was sitting on the couch in the living room with the rest of the Cullen’s standing around.

“Kayla let me introduce you to my family. You already know Esme, these are our children Emmett and Rosalie, Jasper and Alice, Edward and his girlfriend Bella” Carlisle said as he pointed to his family as he said their names although Jacob has already informed me about each other them; I tightened my grip on Jacob’s hand ever so slightly as I realised that I was in a room full of vampires.

“It’s nice to finally meet you all, you have such a beautiful home here” I said smiling as Jacob gave my hand a reassuring squeeze to let me know that he was right there and wouldn’t let anything happen to me; which I already knew but it was still a bit nerve racking being around them for the first time.

“Thank my dear, you are welcome here anytime you want to visit us or Mason. You can tell all your friends that as well, any of them can visit Mason during her stay with us” Esme told both Jacob and myself to make sure that Mason being here wasn’t going to cause trouble; there was already tension within the pack after what Paul had done.

“They all know that they can visit…” Mason said as I walked over to the couch to sit with her as I placed her bag down on the floor; I was about to take a seat on the couch when I heard Edward’s voice for the first time but he was shouting at someone to stop.

It all happened in a second so I didn’t see Jasper move over towards me at his vampire speed until I felt Alice push me backwards which caused me to trip and fall down; I knew that Jasper still had a hard time around blood so I didn’t blame him but Jacob didn’t feel the same way, as Edward and Emmett dragged their brother out to the backyard I watched a furious Jacob follow before he phased into his wolf form.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kayla's Outfit

Please Comment!