Status: Discontinued.

If I Leave.

Only One Left

I arrived back into La Push with Jacob after the small accident we had at the Cullen’s house but the whole drive had been silent because my boyfriend was still calming himself down; I could tell from his knuckles turning white as he was gripping the steering wheel so tightly in his hands as he drove his truck back to his house.

“Jake it was an accident and I didn’t get hurt, please don’t blame Jasper for this and this isn’t going to stop me from seeing Mason again” I said to him as he drove along the street before he turned into his driveway and parked his truck in the usual position; I climbed out of the truck when he did before I followed him inside the Black house.

“Jacob? What’s wrong with him Kayla?” Billy Black asked me when he watched his son storm through the house before he closed his bedroom room roughly; a sigh escape past my lips as I explained what had happened to Billy at the Cullen house.

“I’ve seen the pack turn into their wolf form but I’ve never seen him so angry before, it scared me because I know how strong vampires are and I was scared that Jake would get hurt protecting me” I said to Billy as he had made me take a seat at the dining table while he poured me a glass of water and made me a sandwich; he said he didn’t want me going into shock after seeing Jacob acting like that.

“A shape-shifter would die to protect their imprint Kayla, thinking of themselves becomes second nature to them once they find their imprint. Jake will always get angry if you’ve in even the slightly bit of danger” Billy explained to me as he wheeled himself over to the table and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze; it was nice to talk to someone about this stuff who has been through it all before when he imprinted on Jacob’s Mom Sarah.

“And I understand that, I guess it was just a shock to see Jake and the Cullen’s get ready to fight each other” I said to Billy softly as I started to eat half of the sandwich he made for me and once I thanked him I walked down the hall towards Jacob’s bedroom; I knocked softly on the door before I walked inside and sat down on the bed beside him while placing the other half of the sandwich in his hand.

“I didn’t mean to scare you Kayla, trust me I never want to scare you. But Jasper tried to attack you, you need to understand that when anything happens to you I’m going to get furious” Jacob said to me before he finished off the sandwich much quicker than I had; I slipped my shoes off my feet and brought them up to my chest as I sat facing my boyfriend.

“I do understand that and I know that you’re going to protect me no matter what, I didn’t expect that to happen today and it threw off my guard a bit” I said running my fingers threw his short black hair letting my fingers massage his scalp gently; I smiled feeling him lean more into my touch as I watched his tense body finally relax.

“It’ll be pointless of me to tell you to never go near the Cullen’s again, right?” Jacob asked as a smiled formed onto his lips as he looked at me with love clear in his dark chocolate brown eyes; he already knew the answer to that question but I was going to answer him anyways.

“Of course it’s pointless because I’m going to visit Mason tomorrow with Embry and Quil, you can always come with us” I said smiling at him as he gently took my hand from his hair and kissed my palm softly; even if he didn’t want to go into Forks tomorrow he would just because of the simple fact that I was going.

“Oh I’m going to be there babe, but for right now it’s just time for us” Jacob said to me smiling cheekily as he wrapped his strong warm arms around my waist before he pulled me onto his lap; I squealed out in surprise before laughter flooded the room as I leaned down onto his bed and pulled him down beside me.

****************


Quil and Embry decided that they didn’t want to drive to Forks so they walked through the forest in wolf form for most of the journey while I was stuck just walking; that was until my feet got sore about half way because I never was one for hiking through a forest so I made Jacob carry me the rest of the way on his back after he had turned back to his human self again.

“Are we there yet?” I asked once again as I had laid my head onto Jacob’s shoulder while he carried me past some more trees; Quil and Embry had phased back to normal a few minutes ago so I knew we must have been close.

“Why are you bothered? It’s not like your walking still” Embry said to me grinning as we headed into the back yard of the Cullen’s; I reached my leg out as far as I could and nudged Embry in his side with my foot to tell him to shut up.

“I don’t know why I came here with you… Mason!” I playfully glared at Embry as Jacob gently placed me back down onto my feet before I looked over to the back porch of the house to see Mason sitting there; she had been waiting for us so I pushed past Quil and Embry as I ran along the yard and over to her.

“Hey guys, thanks for coming to visit me. I’ve missed you lot” Mason said to us smiling and it was clear that she wasn’t enjoying herself all that much but she was kind of the odd one out amongst the Cullen’s; I sat down on a chair beside her before the guys could claim it for themselves.

“We’re going to visit you every day Mas, we need to make sure that their taking care of you right” Quil said smiling as he and Embry stood at the bottom of the porch stairs while Jacob followed me right up; this was the reason why most of the pack didn’t want Mason to come here because it was weird for them being nice around vampires.

“And I need some girl company, Leah is okay in doses and Emily is keeping herself extra busy because Sam refuses to bring her here. It’s like I’m the only girl left” I said to her before Esme stepped outside to welcome us all and she told us that we could come inside whenever we liked; I gave Mason a smile before I walked through the back door and into the house with Jacob following closely behind me.

I asked Carlisle if Jasper was around only to be told that he was upstairs in his bedroom with Alice so I asked Carlisle if he could tell Jasper that I was sorry about yesterday; I hadn’t meant to push him or his control by being here but I full well knew that Jasper would be able to hear me, I entwined my fingers with Jacob’s as we walked back outside onto the back porch so we could talk and hang out a bit more with Mason while we had the chance to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kayla's Outfit

Please Comment!