Status: Discontinued.

If I Leave.

Where I Belonged

I walked along the hallway in the house that Mom had brought in La Push which we had arrived in yesterday morning after a day of driving; we had all of our belongings moved here a few days ago so yesterday we spent all day unpacking and getting everything into place which was really my Mom’s job as I just did what she said.

“Good morning sweetie, look who came over for a visit” My Mom said to me smiling as I walked into the good sized kitchen and looked over to who was sitting at the dining table with my Mom; there was a lady about Mom’s age but she had come with who I expected to be her children, the girl was about 20 but the boy was much younger at probably 15.

“Oh my gosh look at you Kayla, you’ve grown up into such a beautiful young lady. The last time I saw you was when you were only 5, so you won’t remember me but I’m Sue Clearwater” Sue said to me with a wide smile on her face as she stood up from her chair and made her way over to me so she could hug me; I returned the hug because I did recognise her from photos that Mom had with her.

“It’s nice to see you again Mrs Clearwater” I said to her softly as we pulled back from our hug and we both took a seat at the table where Mom had served breakfast for everyone; I took a sip of my orange juice that was sitting on the table in front of me.

“Kayla these are Sue’s children Leah and Seth, they have a group of friends here that you might like to meet” Mom said to me as she put a couple of pancakes onto my plate which I then covered in honey just the way that I liked it; I glanced at Leah and Seth would have the same tanned skin as Sue with dark black hair to match but they were both taller and Seth looked a bit lanky.

“Oh yes that’s a wonderful idea Julie, the kids can go spend the day and we can catch up” Sue said to my Mom with a happy smile on her beautiful face as she sipped her cup while Leah and Seth ate the rest of the pancakes that Mom had cooked; I took small bites of the fluffy pancakes while Seth practically inhaled his breakfast but he was a growing teenage boy.

“Don’t worry Kayla you’ll fit right in with us, we actually just had another girl move to town yesterday. Now won’t be the only new girl” Seth said smiling as he took a quick breather from eating so he could look at me before he went back to shovelling food into his mouth; I noticed Leah roll her eyes a little at her younger brother as she turned her attention onto me from across the table.

“Ignore him like I do, he doesn’t have any manners around the female kind. He’s been hanging around the guys for way too long” Leah explained to me as I smiled at her because I was glad that I wasn’t going to be the only girl here; I wasn’t the best when it came to making new friends especially if that friend was a guy.

“Why don’t you three finish up eating and then head out to do whatever it is you do here, I’ll clean up so don’t worry about that. Kayla needs some more friends” Mom said as she smiled at me because she knew how shy and self-conscience I could get around new people; I finished my breakfast before I stood up from my chair and kissed my Mom’s cheek as I walked past her so I could go hang around with Leah, Seth and their friends.

Image


“Kayla I want you to meet Sam, Emily, Jared, Quil and Embry. Jacob and Paul will be coming in a few minutes with Mason” Leah said to me when four tanned, tall and muscular guys walked over to me as Leah and Seth had taken me to the La Push beach; Emily also had beautiful tanned skin along with a beautiful face which had three long scars down the right side of her cheek.

“It’s so nice to meet you Kayla, Mrs Clearwater told us that you’d be moving here. Now we have another girl to add to the family” Emily smiled at me happily as she stepped away from Sam who had his arm wrapped around her waist so it was clear that they were together; Emily engulfed me in a hug which I greatly returned because she didn’t even know me and yet she was welcoming me so warmly.

“Thank you Emily and it’s nice to meet you all” I said to her before I glanced behind her shoulder at the four men who were watching us; I got a chorus of welcomes from them as Emily stepped back so she was standing with Sam again.

“If any of the boys bother you then just come find me Kayla, you’re part of this family now so don’t take any crap from them” Sam said to me in his deep voice and I could tell that he was the oldest one of the group but he seemed to be the more serious one as well; I gave him a small nod and smile before Quil called me over as he threw a football down the beach to Jared.

“We’ll take care of her Sam, don’t worry about that” Embry reassured Sam as I walked with Seth over to them and so far I didn’t mind being surrounded by them because they were so nice; the beach wasn’t what I was used to because it was more gravel than sand but the view of the ocean was breath-taking.

“Do you want to play some football with us Kayla? We’ll go easy on you” Jared asked me nicely as I looked at all of them only to noticed that not one of them was wearing a shirt; even Leah was wearing shorts and a tank top while Emily and I were so far the only ones who had clothes on.

“Yeah sure but I don’t know how good I’m going to be, I’m not really into sports or very good at them” I said as I looked at Jared to warn him that whichever team I’m on may lose because of me although they all looked like they’d be amazing at sports; Jared didn’t seem to mind as he started splitting us up into two teams.

The teams were Seth, Me, Quil and Sam while Jared, Embry and Leah formed the other team as Emily wanted to be the referee; Sam said he’d join my team because I wasn’t as good as everyone one and we had three more people coming so they could just join in when they arrived.

Sam got to kick off first because I was the new girl so I was able to pick which team went first so I of course picked my team with some help from Quil telling me what to do; as the game went on I just tried to get the ball and then pass it onto one of my team members while Seth helped me as we were the shortest ones in the group.

“Hey! You guys started without us?” I heard a deep voice call out to us which caused everyone to stop and look at the three people who were walking towards us; two of them were guys with no shirts, muscles and tanned skin while the girl was similar to them but she also had red hair.

“You guys were taking too long and we have another new member, Kayla this is Mason, Paul and Jacob” Seth informed me as I gave them a small wave but I suddenly felt different but in a good way because I felt like this is where I was supposed to me and where I belonged; Mason took a seat beside Emily and I joined them so Paul and Jacob could join the game.

“So you’re new here to? Mrs Clearwater told me that you arrived yesterday” I said to Mason as I sat down on an old fallen log as I watched them game start up again; for some reason my eyes kept being drawn over to Jacob which I didn’t understand because all the guys were attractive but there was just something different about him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anderson House
Anderson Car
Kayla’s Bedroom

Please Comment!