Status: Discontinued.

If I Leave.

Bad Feelings

I had arrived back in La Push ever visiting Mason in Forks once again with Embry who drove me there but there was something different about the small town; as Embry drove along the dirt driveway towards Sam’s house you could feel the tension in the air and it of course put us both on edge.

The second that Embry had the car in park the passenger side door was opened and my seat belt was being taken off; I barely got a glimpse of an extremely worried and slightly panicked Jacob before he had gently pulled me from the car, he guided me straight into Sam’s house causing Embry to follow us as we entered the small house filled with the pack members and Emily.

“Jake calm down, tell me what’s going on” I said to my boyfriend as he stood close to me as we stood in the living room with everyone else; I glanced around in case one of the wolves had been hurt but everyone was there… except Paul who should have been as he came to apologize to us yesterday.

“I am going into Forks with Jared to tell Paul, Mason and the Cullen’s. Everyone else you know what needs to be done, we need to work fast before the leech gets onto our land” Sam said to the group as he was using his strong Alpha voice as he ordered the pack to take action; I understood that most of the pack referred to vampires as leeches and that only the Cullen family knew to keep of La Push ground.

“Seth, stay here and protect the girls. No one goes outside of this house, we’ll be back as soon as we can” Jacob told Seth as the pack headed out the front door of the house but everything was just happening so fast; I didn’t have time to process it all before my boyfriend started to follow the others outside.

“Jake, wait! Please don’t do anything stupid and come back to me soon, please Jake” I said as I rushed over to him and grabbed onto his arm which caused him to stop; he turned to face me and it was obvious in his eyes that he was torn as he wanted to stay here to protect me but he had to protect the town as well.

“I’ll be back here for you before you realise I’m gone, you and Emily will be safe here. Mason is safe with the Cullen’s, stay here with Seth. I love you Kayla” Jacob said to me as he took my face into his overly warm hands before he leaned down; our lips pressed together for a tender but passionate kiss that didn’t last as long as I had wished for.

I stood there as a sigh escape passed my lips while I watched the pack take off in different directions and I knew that there was nothing I could possibly do to help them; I walked back into the living room and took a seat on the couch beside Emily who I knew was feeling the exact same.

“Quil and Jared smelt a vampire this morning on their patrol, it wasn’t that close to us but we have to make sure that it doesn’t come near our town” Seth explained to me as he must have noticed the blank look on my face as I had no idea what was going on; this was the one thing that I didn’t like about the pack because they were out their risking their lives.

“How do you know that it wasn’t one of the Cullen’s or a friend of theirs?” I asked Seth as I wanted to make sure that this threat wasn’t just a big mistake because it was clear how the pack felt about vampires; for their entire lives they have been told to hate vampires and to kill them if they came onto La Push land.

“We all know the Cullen’s scent and they would have told us if they were heading out this way, they also would have told us if a friend was coming” Seth said to me softly as he didn’t want to scare me about what could happen if this vampire decided to cross onto this land; it seemed like there was only one vampire which would be easy for the pack to take down if they needed to.

“Nothing will happen to them Kayla, everyone will be back here shortly and Mason is more than safe where she is” Emily reassured me as she stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen so she could make a start on cooking everyone some lunch; I didn’t move from my position on the couch because I didn’t have a good feeling about this.

I knew my gut feeling meant someone was going to end up getting hurt in some way but I wasn’t sure if it would be a member of the pack or someone from the town; hopefully it was neither and the vampire would be the one to get hurt.

****************


After a few hours the pack slowly returned to the house but I didn’t feel like being around all of them so Jacob took me back to his house; partly so if he didn’t to leave again than at least his Dad would be there if anything did happen.

“Hey Mom, I’m going to be staying with Jake tonight. And don’t worry his Dad is going to be here as well” I told my Mom over the phone as she was still at work and Jacob wanted to make sure that I was completely safe; he told me that my Mom would be fine but Sue Clearwater was going to spend some time over at my house just to make sure.

“That’s fine sweetheart but I’ve been thinking about us taking a little break, we could go anywhere that you would like” Mom said to me but something was off with her as I could hear it in her voice but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it; sure we had taken little vacations before so that wasn’t anything different but I didn’t really want to leave right now.

“Are you sure it’s the best time for it Mom? Mason still needs me here and I don’t really want to be away from Jake for too long” I said to her as I felt the familiar soothing heat hit my back as Jacob stood behind me; he could easily overhear what my Mom was saying and I knew he would secretly follow us if we did go away.

“We both know that Mason is doing well, she’s healing extremely well Kayla. And I’m sure Jacob can last a week or two without you” She said to me before I heard someone calling her name in the background; we said our goodbyes before we both hung up our phones which is when I felt Jacob press a kiss to the back of my head.

“If she wants to go away with you then I’ll be following you no matter what… Kayla, what’s wrong?” Jacob asked me as I turned around to face him and he clearly noticed something was wrong as he placed his hands on my waist; I didn’t know if something happened to my Mom or if she was just tired from working.

“Mom sounded different and I’ve never heard her sound like that before, usually when we go away we talk about it. This was way too sudden for her” I explained to him as the bad feeling returned to my gut but I still couldn’t put my finger on it; I leaned into Jake’s overly warm body as he wrapped his strong arms around me.

“I’m sure it’s nothing darling, but I could ask some of the guys to watch over her if that’ll be you feel better?” Jacob asked me as I rested my head against his chest but I knew that Sam needed everyone right now; they didn’t find the vampire that Quil and Jared had smelt earlier in the day so I wasn’t going to leave the pack with one less member.

“No it’s okay but thank you for offering, I’ll talk to her tomorrow and see if I can figure it out. I’m sure it’s nothing” I said as I looked up at my boyfriend as he closed the small gap between us and pressed his lips against mine; we stood there kissing until we heard Billy clear his throat rather loudly which caused us to pull apart.

“Sorry Dad” Jacob said with a chuckle in his voice as we knew that Billy didn’t mind if we kissed because he was just glad that his son finally found his imprint; I smiled as Jacob walked out of the kitchen while I stayed to help Billy cook up some dinner for the three of us.

As I helped Billy I got the feeling that I was being watched which was strange as it wasn’t coming from Jacob who was busy setting the table and Billy was cooking fish in the oven; so I glanced out of the window to see if one of the wolves were hiding in the forest but it was too dark to see anything and Jacob didn’t seem to smell anything different so I ignored the feeling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is short!
Comment anyways please!