Status: Discontinued.

If I Leave.

Familiar Yet Not

Jacob had taken me home the next morning and was now currently sitting outside in his car while I talked with my Mom; she was still trying to convince me to go away with her but now that Mason was back in La Push I didn’t want to leave just yet, but Mom wasn’t seeing this from my point of view.

“If you can’t tell me why you want to go away so badly then I’m not going, Mason is back and I want to spend time with her” I said to my mother as we stood in the kitchen and we hardly never argued so this wasn’t like us; we’ve always been close as it’s just been the two of us for so long that we needed to be close to get through life.

“I just feel like taking my daughter away so we can spend time together, I’ve been working so much that I don’t see you Kayla. Mason will be here when we get back” Mom told me as she was pouring herself a mug of coffee so she didn’t see the frown form between my eyebrows; usually I’d be all for heading away but it was different now because I had Jacob and I knew he’d follow us but he shouldn’t have to.

“Why can’t you just give me a few more weeks Mom? Let me help Mason get better and then we can go, why is this so sudden?” I asked her before I heard a sigh escape past her lips and she was getting just as frustrated as I was; I watched as she sipped her black coffee and I knew Jacob could hear everything we were saying but I didn’t mind.

“It feels like the right time Kayla, you’ve never refused before. Your friends are going to be fine without you and so will Jacob, we need some time away from this town” Mom said as she finally explained to me why she wanted to leave so badly and of course it wasn’t the whole reason; but she was getting there so I just needed to push her slightly more before she told me everything.

“Well it’s not the right time for me Mom, why can’t you understand that? I love this town, if you want to get away then go. Nothing is stopping you, but I’m staying here” I told her before I turned around and walked over to the front door; sure I knew that was bratty of me but I didn’t want to go on a holiday right now.

I walked down the front path that was leading me to my boyfriend’s car and I was soon out of the cold as I climbed in beside him; his body heat had warmed up his car for me as I placed the seat belt across my body while I felt his warm soft lips pressed against the side of my head.

“Let’s head over to Sam’s, so we can hang out with everyone” Jacob said to me softly as he knew that I didn’t want to talk about the argument and I loved that about him; he just knew when to let me be which I wasn’t sure how but he did, a sigh passed through my lips as he drove off from the curb and headed towards Sam’s house.

I was excited to see Mason back home although it didn’t seem like it but once I was around our friends then I’d be in a better mood; even Jake seemed happier as no one had seen or smelt the vampire that was here yesterday so hopefully he wasn’t planning on returning, I hated seeing everyone on edge like that when there was nothing I could do to help.

It wasn’t long until Jacob was parking his car in front of Sam and Emily’s house as La Push wasn’t all that large; I climbed out into the cold air and didn’t even wait for Jacob before I rushed over to the front door and just let myself in, it was too cold to stay outside any longer.

“Mason! You’re finally home” I said smiling as I spotted her sitting on the couch with Paul and I had to admit they looked very cosy; I knew that Paul had gone to apologize and talk to Mason but Jacob hadn’t told me anything else then that, but from the look of things it was all forgiven and they had made up.

“Hi Kayla, you took a while coming over. Is everything alright?” Mason asked me once I had walked into the living room and leaned down so I could give her a hug without her getting up; I straightened up and nodded my head to reassure my friend as she just needed to worry about herself right now.

“Yeah I’m fine, Mom and I just had an argument that’s all. So… how are things?” I smiled as I sat down beside her on the couch which Paul took as his chance to leave; I loved Jacob and the pack but none of them enjoyed having a girly conversation so I usually ended up talking with Emily, I knew how much Mason would rather talk about something else but I needed to know the details.

“Everything is great… really great in that department actually, I don’t even know why I’m telling you this” Mason said to me as she chuckled softly and ran her fingers through her hair but then her eyes glanced downwards; it was only for a second but it was long enough for me to release that something was being kept from me again.

“Because I’m your friend and I want to know… are you okay Mason?” I said looking at her with a slight frown to my eyebrows causing her to look at me; this happened once before when Jacob refused to tell me that he was a shape-shifter and everyone including Mason knew while I didn’t, I hated being the last to know what was going on.

“I’m fine Kayla, the last few days have just been a little overwhelming that’s all. I’m so happy to be back home” Mason said to me as she covered herself easily in hopes that I would drop it and I did because this was her first day back home; she needed to rest so we just hung out with everyone instead.

************************


I was driving along the highway from Forks to La Push as Mom had texted me earlier asking if I could pick up a few groceries from Forks; so I borrowed Jacob’s car and drove into Forks on my own as everyone was having so much fun that I didn’t want to disturb that, I also had somehow convinced Jake to stay with our friends but I knew he’d be listening out just in case.

“No! Are you serious” I mumbled to myself when the car suddenly gave a jerk before it slowed down and made a noise that is shouldn’t be making; Jacob had put this car together himself and I now regretted not bringing him with me because I knew next to nothing about cars.

I pulled over onto the side of the road and parked the car there while I grabbed my phone from my jeans pocket so I could call my boyfriend; a groan sounded through the silent car when I noticed my phone didn’t have any signals and I remembered Billy telling me that there were a few spots along the highway that didn’t have any phone signals.

This just wasn’t my day. I climbed out of the car and stuck my phone up in the hopes of getting a signal but it wasn’t any good; which meant I would have to walk back the way I came or head towards La Push more just so I could call Jacob and he could come and get me.

“Having car troubles? I could help you into town, if you’d like?” A man asked me causing me to spin around to face him but when I saw him there was something very familiar about him; I couldn’t pinpoint where I had seen him before but I knew that I had.

“Oh yeah, my boyfriend’s car just made this noise and stopped working. I was just going to get a signal on my phone and I’ll call him, but thanks for offering” I said to him politely although there wasn’t another car near us so I didn’t understand how he would help me or where he had come from; his dark brown hair was short which didn’t match his muddy eyes and I couldn’t even describe the colour of his eyes, it was like he was wearing contact lens to cover his natural eye colour.

“Well in that case I would very much like to stay here until this boyfriend of yours turns up, I would hate myself if I left and anything happened to you sweetheart” He said to him in his deep voice but something inside me snapped when he called me sweetheart; I knew that voice from somewhere and it was in the back of my mind and yet I couldn’t figure out why I knew him.

“Kayla, everything alright here?” Jacob’s voice broke through my concentration as he walked out of the forest in just his usually shorts and shoes; he was by my side in a few short moments while a low growl formed in the back of his throat as his stunning dark eyes narrowed at the pale man standing in front of us.

“I’m fine Jake but you’re car just stopped working, and I didn’t do anything to it” I explained to him as his large warm hands cupped my cheeks while he pressed his lips to my forehead; out of the corner of my eye I noticed the man smirking as he walked off and he was gone as suddenly as he had arrived.

“Did he hurt you, babe? What did he say to you? I’ll fix the car but you’re staying inside it, you’re freezing” Jacob said to me as he guided me back over to his car but this time I climbed into the passenger side; I rolled down the window after he shut the door for me in hopes that I would warm up again.

“No, he didn’t. He just asked if I needed some help, but I told him that I was waiting for you” I explained to him as he leaned in through the open window and pressed his hot lips against mine; I instantly returned the sweet loving kiss before he pulled back and told me the roll up the window before I got sick.

I watched as he lifted up the bonnet and started to work on his car which I would have loved to watch but I was cold enough so I was listening to Jake this one time; it didn’t take him long until he shut the bonnet and climbed into the driver’s seat beside me so he could drive the rest of the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment!