Status: Discontinued.

If I Leave.

Here Alone

“Thank you so much Mason, I really appreciate you driving me to Forks. I didn’t really know who else to call” I said as I climbed into the passenger seat of Mason’s car as she waited for me in the driveway of my house; I closed the door before Mason reversed her car and started driving towards the highway that would take us to Forks.

“You’re welcome Kayla, if you need a lift anywhere just call me. Although you could also call Jacob and ask him” Mason said to me as she got onto the highway which would take us around 40 minutes until we reached Forks; I felt my face heat up as a blush formed on my cheeks from her mentioning Jacob.

“Oh yeah I’ll keep that in mind, I just wasn’t sure if he was busy or not” I said softly as I turned my attention onto looking out of the side window so Mason wouldn’t see me blushing; sure it was nice of him to walk me home last night but I wasn’t sure if asking him to driving me into Forks was pushing his kindness.

“You should call him when you want to come back home, he won’t mind at all. Trust me on this one” Mason reassured me as she kept her eyes focused on the road but it was like she knew something about Jacob that I didn’t; which didn’t really surprise me because I had only met him a couple of days ago.

“I will, so is everything alright with you and Paul? I noticed that he was a bit distant yesterday” I said to her as my blush faded away so I could turn my attention onto her; I didn’t know Mason or Paul that well so I didn’t want to seem like I was just a nosey type of person who was looking for gossip or to try and interfere.

“It’s a long story but everything’s fine, he just mistook something which got him confused and a bit grumpy” Mason told me as she shrugged her shoulders a little bit which is when I decided to drop the subject; we talked about various things on the drive like moving to La Push and how we were before the move.

“Thanks again for driving me, I’ll see you later Mason” I said to her after she drove into Forks and took me to the Forks Hospital where I was going to spend some time with my Mom while she was on her lunch break; I climbed out of Mason’s car as I waved at her while I walked up the front steps of the local hospital before I walked through the large glass double doors.

“Whoa careful there, we wouldn’t want to have a collision now would we” I looked up at a doctor as I nearly ran into him as I went to walk towards the reception so I could ask for my Mom; I of course wasn’t watching where I was going so I didn’t even see him walking towards me.

“Oh gosh I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you there. I really need to start paying more attention on my surroundings” I said as I smiled at the doctor who had blonde hair, a caring handsome face and golden eyes; his skin was pale which wasn’t a shock as both Forks and La Push didn’t really see the sun much.

“No it’s my fault, I’m Doctor Cullen or Carlisle Cullen. You must be Julie’s daughter Kayla? She told me that you were going to join her for lunch today, it’s a pleasure to meet you” Dr Cullen said to me as he returned my smile and looked down at me; over the years I had become quite good at judging people’s characters and knowing either or not that person would be good in my life.

“Yes I’m Kayla and it’s nice to meet you too Doctor Cullen, now if you’d excuse me I should go find my Mom before she starts to worry and come looking for me” I said to him nicely as I didn’t get any bad vibes from him but that also didn’t mean that I’d trust him straight away; but him working with my Mom did give him some good points because I hadn’t heard her saying anything bad about him.

“She’s in the cafeteria, I could show you the way there instead of getting directions” Dr Cullen said to me and I was quick to take him up on his offer as I was hopeless at following even the simplest directions; I followed the doctor as he walked through the hallways of the hospital with me until we came across the staff cafeteria.

I thanked him before I walked into the cafeteria and over to a table where my Mom was waiting for me; I’d say about a quarter of the doctors and nurses were having their lunch break in the cafeteria and as I sat across from my Mom I noticed she had already gotten me a plate of food.

“Hey sweetie, did you get here alright? Did Mason give you a lift?” Mom asked me as soon as I had sat down at the table but she had always been over protective of me; which would be the same for any parent but especially for a single mother of a teenager.

“Yes Mason drove me up here Mom, we were fine so you can stop worrying. She told me that I should call Jacob after lunch, so he can drive me home” I told her as I started eating my lunch and I tried to say the part about Jacob as casually as I could but I knew she’d still pick up on it; my Mom has always worried about me not meeting guys because of my Dad leaving us when I was a baby.

“Jacob? And are you going to call him and have him pick you up? Because last night when I met him, I instantly liked him and he’d be good for you Kayla” Mom said to me with a wide smile on her face as she ate her lunch as well; my Mom always liked to try and set me up with guys which never worked out but I knew she only wanted me to be happy.

“Yes I reckon that I will call him and he is very nice, but you’re already looking too far into this Mom. We’re just friends and that’s it” I said to her before she started thinking about inviting Jacob over to our house for dinner or out for lunch so she could get to know him better; even though I wouldn’t mind that because for some reason I trusted Jacob already which never happened.

Image


I walked down the front steps of the hospital as I had finished lunch with my Mom and I had already called Jacob to ask him to pick me up which he agreed on; I looked up at the dark grey sky as light rain started to fall down from the clouds but I wasn’t worried because I saw Jacob pull up in front of me in his 1986 red Volkswagen Rabbit.

“Kayla, are you alright? Mason told me that you wanted to come into Forks to see your Mom, are you okay?” Jacob asked me as he practically jumped out of his car as soon as he had it in park and rushed over towards me; I was confused as to why he was so concerned about my wellbeing just by visiting Forks.

“Yeah Jacob I’m fine, why are you so worried? I’ve never been to Forks and I thought you’d might like to show me around” I said as I looked up at him as he stood close to me as spits of rain landed on us both which would postpone any tour of the small town of Forks; but as I looked at Jacob I could tell he didn’t like that idea all that much.

“I don’t like the thought of you being here alone and I was worried about you, I’ll show you around if you like but not today” Jacob said to me as he gently placed his hands on either side of my face as his dark brown eyes stared down into my hazel eyes; I could feel how warm his hands were on my cheeks and I’ve never felt someone this warm before.

“I wasn’t alone Jake, I was having lunch with my Mom and then I called you. There’s nothing here that you have to worry about” I reassured him as I didn’t understand why he didn’t want me to be here when everyone else who lived here was perfectly fine; I watched as Jacob turned his head to both sides like he knew something was wrong or something was there.

“Please let me take you back home to La Push, I can look after you and make sure you’re safe there” Jacob said to me softly as I felt butterflies go crazy inside my stomach as we looked at each other and I nodded lightly as I felt a strange pulling sensation like I had to be around him; Jacob opened the car door for me letting me climb inside and buckle up as he walked around to the driver’s side before he sat in his car beside me.

I wasn’t really sure what to say as Jake drove us back along the highway to La Push because I didn’t understand why he was so protective over me when we hadn’t known each other for that long; but I decided not to ask him about it just yet because I could tell that he wasn’t fond of being in Forks so I just talked to him about everything else as I did want to get to know him more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kayla's Outfit