Status: Discontinued.

If I Leave.

Explain Everything

Kayla’s POV

I was sitting in my bedroom reading a novel that my Mom brought home for me after she had finished work this afternoon when I felt my body freeze as I sat on my bed; I looked out my window when I heard a wolf’s howl deep into the forest but it was too dark to see anything outside but I knew that I was safe inside my house as my Mom was in the living room watching TV.

I didn’t really think much of it as I only heard the howl once so I placed the novel on my bedside table before I climbed under the covers of my bed; I just laid in bed until I felt my eyes become heavy as sleep overtook my body.

Next Morning

I was standing in the kitchen making myself some breakfast which contained a bowl of cereal and milk when I heard the doorbell ring; I walked through the house towards the front door before I opened it to come face to face with Embry which confused me slightly.

“Morning Kayla, look I’m sorry that I just came over here but would I be able to come inside? I need some time away from everyone else and I didn’t know where to go” Embry said to me softly as he looked at me and it was clear that something had happened; he wasn’t his usual happy and friendly self which I hated seeing because it meant something big happened.

“Don’t apologize Embry, you’re more than welcome to hang out here so come inside. Go take a shower and I’ll make you some breakfast” I told him as I directed him into the bathroom while giving him a spare towel before he could argue with me; I didn’t know if he had even been home but by the look of him I didn’t really think he had.

I headed back into the kitchen so I could eat my breakfast while also cook up some eggs and toast for Embry to have when he joined me; I heard the shower start as I heated up a pan on the oven as I poured two glasses of apple juice before I got the egg carton out of the fridge, I cracked three eggs into the pan as I placed three pieces of bread into the toaster.

“Wow something really smells delicious in here, you didn’t have to cook me breakfast Kayla” Embry said to me as he walked into the dining room where I was sitting at the table finishing up with my cereal; I had his plate of breakfast and glass of juice sitting on the table opposite me as I flipped through the newspaper aimlessly as I waited for him.

“I wanted to besides now you’re going to sit down and eat, while also telling me what happened. I know something did and I want to know what it was” I told him as I watched him sit on the chair across from me as I pushed the newspaper aside; I looked at him as he started eating his breakfast and it seemed like he was working out how to tell me.

“Paul and I got into a little fight last night, I took Mason to Port Angeles for the day and we went out for dinner. We forgot to tell someone and Paul just flipped” Embry told me which confused me because I had a feeling that Paul liked Mason but I didn’t understand why Embry being near her would make him angry; I would have thought Mason hanging around Paul’s friends would be a good thing.

“He got upset at you for that? Aren’t Mason and I allowed to hang out with you and the guys now, that’s a pretty stupid reason for getting into a fight” I said to him honestly as I stood up from the table and carried my empty bowl over to the sink so I could wash it out before placing it in the dishwasher; I turned back around so I could look at Embry who surprising was just finishing up his breakfast.

“It’s complicated Kayla but it’s fine, I’ll deal with it but can I just hang out here for a while longer? I don’t really want to deal with him right now” Embry said to me in his deep voice as he walked over to me and set his plate into the dishwasher for me; right then I knew the fight last night must have been pretty bad if it’s keeping Embry away from his friends.

“Of course you can stay here but I don’t really have much planned for the day, I was just going to head over to Sam and Emily’s to see what everyone else was up to” I said to him as I closed the dishwasher lid and pressed the start button; I didn’t even know that Embry was that close to Mason but I guess going places and being around people is how you become friends.

“I’m sure we can find something to do, just for an hour or so please” Embry said to me as I nodded in agreement with him before I lead him into the living room so we could figure out something to keep us busy until he decided he wanted to go see Paul; I sat down on the couch as I turned the TV on and flicked through the channels until I found something good to watch.

I sat on the couch with Embry as we watched the TV in silence because I didn’t really think he’d want me talking to him when he tried to figure out what he should do next; I was enjoying the TV show that I had found when I felt myself jump when a loud banging on the front door filled the quiet house which scared me.

I slowly walked over to the front door as my heart raced but I let a sigh escape past my lips when I heard Jacob’s voice yelling out my name from the other side of the door; I didn’t know why he was so anxious to see me so I opened the door as quickly as I could.

“Are you alright Kayla? Embry’s here, isn’t he? He hasn’t done or said anything to you, right?” Jacob said to me as he stepped closer to me placing his left hand on my waist and his right hand on my cheek as he looked at me; a slight frown formed in between my brows as I looked at him because I didn’t understand why he was so worried.

“I’m fine Jacob, why are you worried? Embry came over this morning, he told me about the fight he had with Paul. He just needed some time alone” I said to him as I watched Jacob glance past me to where Embry had walked up behind me; I didn’t think Jacob would be one to get jealous that I was spending time with one of his best friends.

“I didn’t tell her everything Jake, I didn’t do or try anything so you don’t have to worry. I should go anyways, thanks for this morning Kayla” Embry said to me as Jacob and I stepped aside so he could walk past us; I watched Embry leave before I looked back at Jacob as I took some steps back away from him.

“You didn’t have to make him left Jacob, he just needed some time to think and for someone to actually listen and care about him” I said to him as I turned around and walked back inside not caring if Jacob followed me or not; sure I didn’t know the full version of what happened last night but I still knew Embry needed a friend and he came to me.

“I’m sorry Kayla, I guess I got jealous when I saw Embry here because of what happened last night. I didn’t mean to scare you and I’ll apologize to Em later, I promise” Jacob said to me as he closed the front door as he followed me inside; I felt him grab my hand softly in his which caused me to stop walking and turn to face him.

“We just talked and we had some breakfast together, what really happened last night?” I asked him as he kept my hand in his and gently rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb; suddenly I felt a calming sensation flow over me which was either by Jacob’s touch or his presences but I always did feel safe when I was near him.

“I’ll explain everything to you soon, just not now” Jacob reassured me and for some reason I knew that he would tell me later but that left my mind when I watched him slowly lean down closer to me; I closed my eyes only seconds before Jacob pressed his soft warm lips against mine for a sweet and tender kiss, the feelings I received from his kiss was like nothing I had ever felt before but I could get used to his kisses very quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kayla's Outfit

Please Comment!