You're My Kryptonite

Opposition

It was finally Friday night. I had been waiting all week for this night to come. It was well overdue. Harry had come over and we were watching movies and I was grading some art projects.

"Is it alright if the guys come over and hang out? They've wanted to get to know you better..." Harry said, reading off of his phone.

"Yeah sure, they can help," I said, pushing my glasses higher up on my face. Soon after I said that, the four other boys came in, with Zayn glaring daggers at me. I said hi to all of the boys, as Zayn just sat down in the living room completely ignoring me.

"Is he okay?" I mouthed to Niall. Niall's response was a simple shoulder shrug. I rolled my eyes.

"You alright man?" Harry asked, noticing his foul behavior.

"Can we talk outside?" Zayn asked, still glaring at me. I turned my focus back to my work, trying not to notice the fact that Zayn seemed like he hated me.

-Harry's POV-

"Dude, what's up?" I asked after shutting the door to Adelaide's apartment.

"You're always with her. You never spend time with us. It's all about her. Did you even notice that I got a haircut?" Zayn replied, becoming angry.

"Dude, you sound like a girl. Calm down," I said, chuckling.

"I know, it's silly, but you've been ignoring us. It's taking it's toll on us," He said, leaning against the wall.

"Well, that's something you should be mad at me about. Not her. She didn't do anything, Zayn. I like her a lot," I said, trying to explain what's going through my head.

"Well dude, you're going too fast. Take it slow. I know you like her and all, but don't forget about us," He said, patting me on the shoulder.

"Alright, I'll pay more attention to you guys if you treat Adelaide with some respect. She deserves it," I said, patting him on the shoulder as well. We walked back into the apartment. I looked over and saw Adelaide with her head in her hands.

"What's wrong?" I asked, realizing I had another problem to solve.

"I..." She started, holding up the poster a child had drawn of their parents.

"What was the assignment?" I asked, trying to keep together.

"Draw a picture of your typical day," She said, crying. I walked over to her and hugged her. She buried her face in my chest as I stared at the child's picture.

The child's picture of them getting beaten by their father, who was holding a bottle in his free hand.

The picture of the child's typical day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's really short. ): But it's something!