Status: On A Hiatus

World Around Me

Don't Say A Thing

I walked into Mystic Fall High School with Stefan right beside me as we weren’t supposed to be here as it was the weekend and the school was closed; but Elena told us that Jeremy had given Mr Saltzman the Gilbert journal so we were here to get the journal back in case it got into the wrong hands.

I walked into Mr Saltzman’s classroom with Stefan behind me as I looked around the empty room to make sure that no one was in there but I didn’t hear anyone; as soon as I took another step I heard the whirl of something coming towards me at a lightning fast speed until a wooden stake pierced through my skin and got stuck in my stomach.

“You shouldn't have done that. What is this, compressed air? Did you make it yourself? Who are you? I'm not going to hurt you unless you try that again, Bella are you okay?” Stefan said as he grabbed the gun from Alaric as he reloaded his gun and pushed him against his desk; I groaned in pain as I wrapped my hand around the stake before I pulled the stake out of my stomach letting the wound heal rapidly.

“I’m a teacher but I’m also a historian and while researching Virginia, I made a few discoveries about your town. My wife was a parapsychologist, she spent her life researching paranormal activity in this area. It was her work that led me here” Mr Saltzman explained to us once I reassured my brother that I was fine while he pinned our history teacher to his desk; I dropped the stake onto the floor as my blood stained my shirt from the wound.

“Where’s your wife and where’s the Gilbert journal?” I asked Mr Saltzman as I walked closer to them and placed my hand on Stefan’s arm to calm him down; I watched as my over protective brother slowly let Alaric go before he took a step back from him.

“Dead, a vampire killed her and the journal is on my desk… well it was on my desk” Mr Saltzman said to us as he stood up straight and looked behind him at his desk where there wasn’t any journal; I ran my hand through my blonde curled hair as the three of us realised that someone else was here before us.

“How long have you been aware of us? You knew about us and you didn’t tell anyone” Stefan asked him as he stood slightly in front of me protectively but I trusted Mr Saltzman because I now knew who killed Logan Fell; it was obvious that he knows how to kill vampires and even though he shot me I knew it was in self-defence.

“I learned just recently actually but I knew as soon as I saw your brother, he’s the one who killed my wife. I just want to find out what happened to my wife, I saw him draining the life out of her. He must have heard me coming because he just disappeared and so did her body. They never found her” Alaric informed us about what our older brother did and I instantly felt guilty because he took his wife away from him; I glanced at Stefan unsure of what Alaric would do if he saw Damon again.

“If you're here for revenge, this is going to end very badly for you. Damon can never know why you're here, he'll kill you without blinking” I said to Alaric as he didn’t know Damon as well as Stefan and I did; I knew who dangerous Damon could get because there isn’t that many people that have met him and lived to tell anyone.

“Thanks Isabella but I can take care of myself, I’ve done some research of my own so I know how to hurt vampires” Alaric said as he looked at me before he glanced at Stefan and I knew that he did know how to deal with a vampire; but Damon doesn’t care about the people who he hurts and he’s been like that for a very long time.

“No, you can't. I can help you, if you let me” Stefan said to Mr Saltzman causing me to look up at my brother in confusion as I didn’t understand what he was trying to do; I always hated the terrible games that my brother’s played with each other because I was always stuck in the middle of them which hurt me more than they realise.

Mystic Falls Grill

I was sitting at a table at the Mystic Falls Grill with Isria as we had dinner together so we’d appear normal to the rest of the town; we could eat normal food just as long as we had a healthy diet of blood so the food didn’t affect us in any way.

“So how are we supposed to get the journal now that we don’t even know who has it? Sure Jeremy said that this Anna chick wanted it, but we don’t even know who this Anna is” Isria said as Matt Donovan placed our meals on the table in front of us; Matt was Elena’s handsome ex-boyfriend with his dark blonde hair and baby blue eyes but he was also one of the few nice gentlemen that I’ve met.

“Thank you… Mr Saltzman had copied the pages in the journal and Stefan made him let us borrow them, Damon will most likely get Jeremy to meet up with Anna so we can see who she is” I explained to my best friend after Matt had walked away from us while I watched Isria start to eat her burger and fries; I sipped my Diet Coke as I glanced around the large room of the restaurant when my eyes landed on Tyler who was talking to his best friend Matt.

“And let me guess, Damon doesn’t know about the copies that Stefan has. This is just like three years ago when they had their last fight” Isria said as she placed the burger down onto her plate as she sipped her Lemonade while I started eating my noddle stir-fry; I tore my eyes away from Tyler but I wish I hadn’t because Isria had noticed who I was looking at.

“Of course Damon doesn’t know and Stefan asked me not to tell him, you can’t tell him either Isria or this will blow up in our faces. Don’t say a thing” I said to her after I swallowed a mouthful of noddles and chicken as Isria just smiled at me; the thing about Isria is that she loved to set me up with guys without telling me but of course the guys have to be approved by her.

“I haven’t said anything and I won’t tell Damon but he’ll find out sooner or later, he’ll be hurt when he finds out that we all knew what was written in the journal” Isria said to me as we continued to eat our dinner and I knew that she was right; I didn’t want to hurt either of my brothers but I didn’t know what else to do.

We finished our dinner while talking about everything that didn’t involve Damon or Stefan as I didn’t want to think about them for a few hours and having a girls night was just what I needed; even though Isria left before I did because she needed to go home and have a blood bag that Stefan steals from the Mystic Falls Hospital so we didn’t have to hurt people.

“Hi I didn’t see you at the dance last night, you missed out on so much fun” I said as I walked over to Tyler who was sitting by himself at a table on the opposite side of the room from me; I watched as he looked up at me from his seat and I wasn’t sure if he’d talk to me or just tell me to leave him alone.

“Dances aren’t really my thing and I’m sure that I’ll survive not going to a 50’s dance, even if it was so much fun” Tyler said to me with a cute little grin on his handsome face as he glanced at the chair that was across from him; I smiled as I sat down on the chair and looked at him knowing that my brothers would hate me talking to him.

“Alright so it wasn’t that much fun but I still enjoyed myself, everyone who attended had fun and enjoyed themselves. Now you’ll never know what you missed out on” I said to him smiling as I looked into his deep dark brown eyes that anyone could just get lost in them; but I knew that I shouldn’t think like that because I couldn’t be in a relationship with a human.

“I’ve been here all my life, another dance will be held so I’m not missing out on anything. If I decide to go that is” Tyler said to me as I rolled my eyes at him light heartedly and I wanted to say that if he went to the next dance then I’d be there but someone else caught my attention; standing by the pool table was Anna who I met through Katherine in 1864.

“I’m sorry, I have to go” I said to him quickly as I stood up from the table and walked as fast as I could at a human speed out through the back door of the Grill as I followed Anna outside; I grabbed Anna by her neck as I pushed her against a wall but Anna was stronger than me as she wrapped her hand around my throat and pushed me against the opposite wall.

“I was wondering how long it would take you to find me Bella… I’d love to chat but your boyfriend is coming” Anna said to me as she pinned me to the brick wall as she had a firm grip onto my neck but within a second she had let me go as she stepped backwards; she had disappeared from my sight in a second just as the back door was opened again.

“Bella? Are you okay? Is something wrong?” Tyler asked me as he walked out of the back door and walked over to me as I rubbed the side of my neck as I looked up at him; I didn’t really know why Tyler would follow me out here but it was nice to know that he cared just enough about me that he would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bella's Outfit

Please Comment