Sequel: Live In Reality
Status: All done...for now! Maybe an epilogue if you lovelies would like one! Comment and let me know!

Not So Honest Perfection

Chapter 11 (edited)

Not So Honest Perfection

Lenore sat at her desk, listening to her head accountant complain about a new hire.

“And he never takes his lunch hour at the appropriate time. He texts during meetings, he’s just awful!” he wailed.

“Charles,” Lenore sighed. “I’ll speak with Matt. However, the work he does is extremely high quality and I have nothing bad to say about him. I’ll speak to him about the texting and taking his lunch hour. You, on the other hand, should get back to work.”

Charles pursed his lips to say something, but thought better of it. “Yes, miss.”

Lenore sighed again as the door shut. She picked up her Blackberry and sent a text to Chantal, asking her to come down to her office. Seeing she had an unread text, Lenore smiled. It was from Sidney.

From Sidney: Still on for dinner tonight?

Lenore grinned widely. She and Sidney had been ‘seeing’ each other exclusively for about a week.

From Lenore: Of course! I’ll have to come straight from work; I might be dressed a little odd for the café. Then again, I did last time too.

From Sidney: Oh please. I had a different restaurant in mind actually. I could pick you up…

From Lenore: I’d like that. What time?

From Sidney: I’ll meet you by your car at 5 o’clock. We’ve got a 6 o’clock reservation and it’s a bit of a drive.

From Lenore: Now you’ve got me curious. I’ll see you at 5; I’ve got to go now. Work calls…sadly.

From Sidney: See you then! Bye, Lovely Lenore.

Lenore blushed. He was always calling her that and it never ceased to make her smile.

“Happy there, are we?” Chantal’s voice asked.

She glanced up with wide eyes. “Yes, actually, I am. I’ve got a dinner date with Sidney tonight.”

“Oh? That’s nice. Where’s he taking you?” Chantal asked settling into a chair.

“No idea. So I wanted to talk to you,” Lenore began.

“Yeah, I assumed,” Chantal laughed. “What’s up?”

“Well, it’s a few things. First off, Charles from accounting is driving me up the wall. He needs to learn where to draw the line with his complaints. I’m thinking about probation. Also, can you get me a meeting with Mario? I have a few more ideas for the boys,” Lenore said as she scanned through the notes that cluttered her desk. “Oh! And, um, Jason called me last night.”

“He did?!” Chantal asked her mouth agape. “What did he want?”

“He wants to meet for dinner,” Lenore said quietly. “To talk things over.”

“Are you gonna go? More importantly, are you gonna tell Sidney?” her friend asked.

“Yes, I’ll probably go. We need to figure out where we stand. And no, I probably won’t tell him,” Lenore decided.

“But he’s your boyfriend! Don’t you think he should know that you’ve been engaged?” Chantal reasoned.

“We’ve been dating for one week. And I will tell him, just not yet,” Lenore assured her friend.

“You’re digging yourself one hell of a hole,” Chantal chastised her friend.

‘Good thing I can climb,’ Lenore thought to herself.

******

“Ready?” Sidney asked as he opened Lenore’s door.

She nodded and looked around. The restaurant was incredibly fancy. Relieved that she had worn a skirt to work that day, she let out a small sigh. The night was perfect out. There was a little breeze, but it complimented the oddly warm April evening. The sun would be setting soon and it was hovering just above the horizon.

“Coming?” Sidney chuckled. He was a few steps ahead of her with his arm extended.

Lenore blushed and took his arm. “Of course I am.”

******

Much later that night, Lenore leaned against her door. Having just said good bye to Sidney, she was still smiling. Putting her fingers to her lips, she felt the odd tingle that was always there after a kiss from Sidney. Closing her eyes, she could see his smile and his eyes.

‘Oh, his eyes,’ she thought dreamily.

******

Brushing her teeth the next morning, Lenore skimmed through her texts. Reading one, she gagged. It was from Jason.

From Jason: Looking forward to dinner on Friday.

“Oh, Lenore,” she said to herself in the mirror. “Qu’est-ce que vous vous embarque?” It was in French meaning, ‘What have you gotten yourself into?’ She honestly didn’t know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh... trouble on the horizon. So, here's the rundown for the rest of this. I've got three chapters planned that will cover her dinner with Jason, seeing Sidney again, and one to recap everything and deal with Lenore's and Sidney's thoughts. THEN, I've got one where Lenore will make a big decision and will have to figure out what to do about it. THEN, there will be two more chapters or so to wrap everything up. How does that sound? Let me know, lovelies!

What Lenore Wore