Sequel: Live In Reality
Status: All done...for now! Maybe an epilogue if you lovelies would like one! Comment and let me know!

Not So Honest Perfection

Chapter 12 (edited)

Not So Honest Perfection

Adjusting her hair for the millionth time, Lenore climbed out of her Audi. Unsure of what to expect, she adjusted her posture, took a deep breath, and started walking. She would be lying if she said that she hadn’t dressed a little ‘vampier’ than usual. She wore a sheer, black lace blouse with a black cami on underneath. She had paired it with a red, high-waisted pencil skirt and red stick heels. Lenore wanted to prove to Jason that she was doing just fine without him.

******

“How are you, Len?” Jason asked as they ate dinner.

“I’m well,” she nodded. “You?”

“Much the same. Work keeps me busy,” he said. “I’m sure you’ve been keeping busy too.”

“I have. Running a company and dancing school takes a lot, but I couldn’t be more proud everything that’s been accomplished,” Lenore bragged.

“You have every right to be,” Jason smiled. “How are you really though?” He knew her well enough to know that she had avoided the question.

Lenore looked at him for a long moment. “It’s day-by-day. Sometimes, I spend so much time working that I don’t really have time to think about him. But then other days… other days it’s like I can’t do anything.”

“You’ve been on your own,” Jason decided.

“No,” Lenore shook her head. “That’s the thing. I haven’t been. I’ve had Chantal and all the other teachers at the school.”

“So you’re not seeing anyone?” he sounded hopeful. Too hopeful, in Lenore’s opinion.

‘Let him down gently,’ she reminded herself silently.

“Jason,” she began. “Here’s the thing…”

“He’s lucky,” Jason sighed. “Whoever he is, he’s lucky.”

“Thank you,” Lenore breathed. “I’m pretty lucky to have him.”

******

As Jason walked Lenore to her car in an almost comfortable silence.

“Who is he?” Jason asked. “Just tell me.”

Lenore looked at him for another long moment. “Sidney Crosby.”

“Lucky bastard,” Jason chuckled. “Money, fame, a career to kill for, and you. Wish I had that.”

“You’ll find your match, J,” Lenore assured him. “She’s out there. You’ve just got to find her.”

Jason smiled sadly. “It was good seeing, Len. It really was.”

“It was nice catching up. Have a safe flight back, okay?” Lenore unlocked her car.

“Will do,” Jason nodded before waving and walking off.

*******

Getting into her car, Lenore decided that the night had gone better than she had thought it would. Too bad she hadn’t seen Marc-Andre and Vero sitting in the back corner of the restaurant. Too bad because they certainly saw Lenore and Jason.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my! What's gonna happen next?! You'll have to wait and find out! I'll have a lot of time to update tomorrow, so you can expect at least two chapters tomorrow! And I kept forgetting to add this in my author's notes, but if any of you had any questions about the dance terminology, I'd be glad to answer your questions! Just send me a message or leave a comment! Thanks, lovelies, and let me know what's up!

What Lenore Wore