Sequel: Live In Reality
Status: All done...for now! Maybe an epilogue if you lovelies would like one! Comment and let me know!

Not So Honest Perfection

Chapter 16 (edited)

Not So Honest Perfection

“Joe Louis Arena and step on it!” Lenore called to the cab driver.

He nodded before putting his foot to the gas and taking off down the road. The game was on the radio and Lenore listened intently.

“Oh!” the commentator shouted. “And it looks like Sidney Crosby has been hit. Ladies and gentlemen, looks like the captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins has been hit by Johan Franzen. Crosby was sent into the boards and it looks as though he’s having some trouble getting up.”

Fear spread through Lenore’s mind. This couldn’t be happening, could it?

*****

“Mr. Lemieux!” Lenore shouted. Chantal had called Mario before Lenore had left Pittsburgh, telling him what was going on.

“Lenore,” he smiled. “Good to see you. I assume you’d like to get down to the locker rooms, eh?”

The woman smiled. “Chantal really told you everything?”

“That she did. And I must say that I’m glad you finally figured out what needed to be done. Sidney’s been a wreck.”

Lenore nodded grimly. “I haven’t been my best either; I can assure you of that.”

“Follow me then,” Mario said before turning on his heel and walking away at a brisk pace.

*****

Lenore walked into an almost empty locker room. Sidney sat at his stall, his head in his hands. He didn’t notice her.

“Sidney?” she asked gently putting a hand on his shoulder.

“Wha-?” he asked looking up. His eyes widened in shock. “Lenore.”

“Hi,” she smiled. “How are you feeling?”

“They’ve given me all sorts of meds,” he shrugged. “I’m kind of numb.”

Lenore nodded. “I… I’m sorry.”

“I am too,” Sidney nodded. “I shouldn’t have done what I did. I shouldn’t have let you get away.”

“We both screwed up pretty bad,” Lenore conceded.

“I should be apologizing,” Sidney protested.

“That was actually my plan in coming here,” Lenore joked while poking his side. She took a seat on the ground in front of him. “But since you’re the injured one, I didn’t think it would be fair.”

“Aren’t you just hilarious?” Sidney chuckled while shaking his head. “I am sorry though. Incredibly sorry.”

“I’m sure you are. But that doesn’t change what happened,” Lenore sighed. “Although, I wish it did.”

Sidney nodded. “Me too. Think we can try again?” He was hopeful. Maybe too hopeful, but he was willing to do almost anything to get her back.

Lenore looked at him for a long moment. Just as she was about to respond, the doors swung open. In walked the rest of the team, thoroughly winded, but driven by adrenaline.

“Lenore!” Max exclaimed. “Come to see the superstar, oui?”

“Sidney?” Lenore giggled. “As a matter of fact, I did.”

Max pouted. “I meant me, mon cheri.”

“I know,” she laughed. “Hello, boys.”

Greetings were exchanged before the conversation was halted by Lenore’s ringing phone.

“Excuse me,” she blushed as she dug through her purse. Could it be any more inconvenient? “Hello?”

“Miss Chambres?” a voice asked. “This is Daniel Neill; I work with your insurance company. I’m sorry to inform you of this, but your studio has been vandalized.”

Lenore couldn’t believe her ears. “What!? What do you mean my studio’s been vandalized?!”

“The police suspect the work of neighborhood hoodlums. Windows have been smashed, mirrors broken, and the hardwood has been spray-painted,” the man explained.

“Neighborhood hoodlums? The studio is in the suburbs! What hoodlums are there?” Lenore shook her head at Sidney who had a very concerned look on his face.

“It’s just what they suspect,” he said. “Can we meet tomorrow to inspect the damages?”

Lenore sighed sadly. “I’m in Detroit right now, actually. I’ll be back in Pittsburg in…,” Lenore checked the time. “Just over 36 hours. I’ll call you then?”

“That would be fine. Thank you,” he said and hung up.

“What’s wrong?” Sidney asked pulling Lenore into a hug.

“The studio. My God, it sounds so bad. I don’t know what to do,” she sniffled.

“We’ll figure it out,” he assured her. “I promise, we will.”

“Group hug!” Max called out.

The team came into a bunch around the young couple, creating a barrier to the outside world. As much as Lenore wished she could stay protected from everything while in their midst, it was just too smelly.

“Guys?” she choked out. “I love you all, but I’m going to asphyxiate from the stench.”
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter to go! I'll write it later tonight and either post it then or early tomorrow. Thank you for all the lovely comments I've received. You've all been so great! Thank you, lovelies! Comment and let me know what you're all thinking!

What Lenore Wore (And yes, the bag is lace ( :)