My Heart Needs An Attitude Adjustment

Chapter 2

I had elected not to watch a movie during my work-out and just listen to music, in order to better prepare for my match tonight against Layla. Twenty minutes into my work-out, Triple H came in, but I didn’t hear him since “The Last Fight” by Bullet for My Valentine was the only thing I could hear. No, I wasn’t wearing my headphones, I just had the speaker volume on the stereo up all the way. I felt a tap on my shoulder and almost jumped out of my shoes. I then turned around to see Triple H laughing his ass off. “I’m sorry,” he chuckled. “There’s just one more thing I need to talk to you about.”

I got off the treadmill and walked over to get a drink before responding. “What’s up?” I asked as I went back over to him; trying to catch my breath.

“It’s just about your ring name. Don’t get me wrong, Jean is a beautiful name, but it doesn’t exactly scream ‘WWE diva’ to me. Know what I mean?” he asked, and I nodded in understanding.

“I agree. What name did you have in mind?” I asked.

“I was thinking Jamie or Jackie. They’re not drastically far from Jean, and they both sound better for a ring name. Which one do you like better?” he asked.

I shrugged and took another swig of water. “I like Jackie better, but the final decision is up to you,” I replied.

“You know,” he started, “I like your spunk missy. And I agree; you look more like a Jackie than a Jamie. But again, I’m not trying to put down the name Jean at all; you don’t meet many people with that name now-a-days and it’s a beautiful name.” I nodded my head in thanks. “So it’s settled then; from here on out you will go by Jackie when in the public eye.” There was then a knock on the door; Paul had closed it to talk to me. “Come in!” he shouted.

John Cena then came into the room, and I tried my damnedest to contain my composure. “You wanted to talk to me, Paulie?” he asked as he approached us.

He nodded and ushered me to them. “Yes. Jean, I want to introduce you to your roommate and travel buddy, John Cena. John, this is our newest diva Jean, and she’ll go by Jackie on the air. Play nice; and no funny business you two,” he finished as he headed out of the room, leaving us alone.

John then came to me and we shook hands. “Jean, that’s a beautiful name. You don’t meet very many Jeans these days. It must be very special to you,” he said.

I nodded, getting ready to tell the small story about my name. “It is. It was my grandmother’s name; according to my mom, she was an amazing woman. She died before I was born, but my mom told me stories about her. She had a stroke, and lost the use of her right arm and leg. When she got home and after a little while, she would do everything with one arm and leg. She would do the laundry, iron, you name it and she did it. She was an incredible woman. I’m very lucky to have been given that name. Actually, both my first and middle names are after my grandmothers.” He looked like he was going to ask what my middle name was, so I just decided to tell him. “My middle name is Anne.”

He nodded. “Jean Anne; beautiful, just beautiful. You know,” he started, and I knew exactly where he was going, so I stopped him in mid-sentence.

“For the record, no, I am not seeing anyone, and it is going to stay that way. I’m not interested in starting a relationship with anyone at the present time. I just want to focus on my career and life right now.” He shut his mouth and nodded. A second later the door opened again, and Eve came rushing up to me.

Without a word, she grabbed my arm and started yanking me out the door. “Eve!” I shouted, pulling my arm out of her grip. “Why are you trying to pull my arm out of the socket?” I asked, rubbing my shoulder. I then noticed that she had one of my bags slung over her shoulder. “Why do you have my bag?” I asked.

She sighed and rubbed her forehead. “I’m sorry. I just forgot to tell you that the magazine wants to do a softball photo shoot with you. I remembered you said a few weeks ago that you always carry your old uniform with you. Would you mind coming with me so we can get you cleaned up and get the shoot done?” she asked.

“Yeah, fine, let’s go. I’ll see you later John,” I said as I allowed Eve to yank me out the door.

Once the door was closed, she slowed her pace so she could look me in the eyes. “So, you were talking to John, huh? What do you think of him? Is he boyfriend material?” she asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

I held up my hand to stop her. “Don’t even go there. I told him, and now I’m telling you; I’m not interested in being in a relationship with anyone right now. My only concerns right now are my career and life. I don’t want the stress of a relationship,” I replied.

She held up her hands defensively. “Okay fair enough. But, just to let you know, when John likes someone, he will do whatever it takes to make her see that he really cares about her and wants to be with her. You would have to be crazy not to fall for him; he’s such a sweetheart,” she argued.

“We’ll see about that,” I said as we walked into the room the shoot was being held in. She then dropped my bag off of her shoulder and handed it to me. She didn’t have to tell me what I had to do. I took the bag and got cleaned up and changed. 10 minutes later I came back into the room, and everyone was ready for me.

The photographer came up to me and put an arm around my shoulders. “Is this your first photo shoot?” he asked. I nodded, suddenly feeling very nervous. “There is no need to be nervous. We’re just going to do a few simple poses, and then we’ll be done, okay?” I nodded and he ushered me over to the white backdrop.

I started to relax as the shoot went on, but I couldn’t escape the feeling that I was being watched. I thought about what Eve said about John, and instantly thought he was watching through the door.

That thought was proven when Eve and I left the room to find John standing against the wall a few feet away. I glared at him as he gave me an innocent smile and wave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??