Sequel: Accidental Dad
Status: Finished. Read the sequel

Don't Let These Boots Fool You

Waking Up in Vegas

I woke to muffled voices and wondered who was in the room and why they were muffled. I looked up to see the bathroom door closed and strained to listen to what someone was saying, “Mom, I like her a lot. She was with the penguins for a while, she was torn between Sidney and Jordan I don’t know what I’d do if she told me she wanted to be with one of them. I’ve started to fall for her. She’s the type of person you told me would make me happy and now I don’t know what I would do without her.”

I felt horrible. He was as into this as I was. I had to go back to Pittsburgh and figure out how I felt about Jordan and Sidney to make sure I didn’t hurt Danny. I pushed the covers down, rolled out of the bed and walked down to the kitchen.

I found a piece of paper and a pen laying in the middle of the kitchen counter. I grabbed the pen and began to write. “Danny, I had to go back to the burgh and make sure that I wasn’t just falling for you because you were fixing me. I love you, I’m not sure in what way yet but I need to figure it out. I’ll be back in a week for the Youth Hockey clinic on Saturday. I have to make sure the boys have signed all of their apparel and have everything set in the burgh for Friday night when they have their annual we serve you dinner. Don’t worry Danny I’ll be okay I promise.” I signed the letter quickly and slipped out the front door and into my truck. I had to get back to the burgh before I found myself in his bed every night with a ring on my finger.

The air was cool and I knew that it was going to be a cold day as I started across the state to get back to the burgh and the boys that helped me when I needed it. I had lost the guy who was supposed to be my everything and started jumping to anyone who would give me the attention. I wasn’t who I thought I was anymore. If I couldn’t find the answers I needed in Pittsburgh, I knew I would have to go back home and get my life back on track there.

The road just kept going and going. I knew exactly who’s house I was going to first since I knew that he was the one that I had gone for. I pulled up to his house and saw him exiting his house; it was 10 am, time for morning skate. “Go back inside, I’ll call Dan,” I demanded as I saw him look over my appearance. I had forgotten that I was wearing my outfit from the night before which was for my date with Danny.

Jordan turned right back around and started walking back into his garage and into the house as I followed him. I wanted to figure out what was right for me and it had to start with him since he was the one person who had noticed just how upset I was the night Mike cheated on me. “Jord, I’m scared I don’t know what I want.” He dropped his hockey bag by the door and turned to me. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“What do you want me to do,” he questioned as he moved into the kitchen leaning on the counter, frustration clearly written across his face. “You ran off with Danny because you couldn’t handle your feelings or whatever the hell you felt for me.” I knew I had been wishy washy about my feelings and what I truly felt.

I moved closer to him as I watched his eyes soften. “I was hurt Jordan, and sadly I started to make myself think that I felt things for people even if I didn’t actually feel something for them.” I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down closer. “Now, look I love Danny,” he rolled his eyes at that statement, “I don’t know in what way but I want to figure out if I just liked you because you ditched your puck slut or if it is because I like who you are as a person.”

He looked confused as I finished my explanation and leaned in closer. “How?” he managed to mutter before I had my lips on his. I forgot just how soft his lips were and how firmly he kissed. He was a romantic at heart and I could tell that just from kissing him. I felt his hands run down my arms and rest on my hips.

I pulled back and looked at him. “you don’t get off that easy,” he muttered as he picked me up and placed me on the counter before his lips were back on mine. I heard myself moan a little as he bit my bottom lip. He wasn’t just a because you’re here feeling, he was actually attractive and made me feel like I was wanted in a simple kiss.

I pulled back again and looked him in his blue eyes, “Jord.” He looked up at me with glazed over eyes. I knew that look and hadn’t seen it in months. “Jordy, I don’t know if this is me actually falling for you but damn you make me weak at the knees and you treat me right regardless of how bad you treat your puck sluts.” I felt bad because I couldn’t give him a definite answer and he was going to become just as attached as Danny and I couldn’t help it.

He picked me up and started walking back to a room that I had seen before. “You have to promise you’ll stop me whenever you don’t feel comfortable or don’t want to continue.” He told me as he laid me on the bed in the middle of his room. His lips started trailing kisses down my neck, reached the neckline of my dress and followed the neckline of the dress.

He got to the other side of my neck and began to work his way back. I was in pure bliss as he stopped in the middle of my chest. I started running my fingers through his blonde hair as he was kissing all over my chest. “Jordan, what are your intentions?” I managed to squeak out before he sucked a little harder on my collarbone.

He moved up to kiss my lips again before he scooted back enough to speak to me. “I plan on blowing your mind and making you realize I wasn’t just being nice that night I picked you up, I meant every word.” I was shocked to hear that he really did mean what he was saying and started to let him unbutton the cute dress I had worn the night before. I felt comfortable around Jordan and was sure that I wouldn’t regret this later in the afternoon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys, Sorry that i haven't updated in over a month, I was trying to participate in NaNoWriMo but i've failed miserably because of school. But Just wanted to let you know this isn't going to die. I'm almost finished with this semester of classes and will have plenty of time over my winter break to write some more for you. Let me know what you think because i'm so torn with who to go with.

Look out for my Jeff Carter and Evgeni Malkin one shots for contests and look out for my 100% original story about a gang leader and his arranged marriage.

Love your support.
-S