Sequel: Accidental Dad
Status: Finished. Read the sequel

Don't Let These Boots Fool You

My Old Kentucky Home

Heavy arms were wrapped around me as I scrambled to grab the phone off the night stand that was on the opposite side of the bed. I couldn’t decipher the name on the screen but answered it anyways, “hello?”

“Baby, you ready for me to pick you up” I tried to place the voice but was still confused. “we’ve been planning this trip home since you got here.”

My eyes snapped open as I realized it was him “What?” I pulled the phone away, put the phone on mute, and shook Danny, “Danny,” I had to set the phone down but heard Mike explaining something not important. “Danny wake up, my ex is on the phone tell him to go away.” I quickly unmuted the phone and handed it to Danny.

“What do you want?” Danny sounded protective as he questioned Mike. I heard Mike getting loud through the phone before Danny spoke up again, “look bud you gave up any right to her the day you left her in that restaurant. You didn’t even go to her brothers funeral. She’s with me now, you better stay away or I’ll handle the problem.”

I smiled a little as I wrapped my arms around him. It was nice to have someone who cared. I saw a smirk come across his face as he laid the phone down and smiled. “Oh baby, yeah right there. Keep going.” I had to make sure the call ended before laughing.

“Daniel, my mama isn’t going to like hearing about that.” I laughed as he rolled us over and pinned me “What do you think you’re doing?”

He smiled “I’m about to do something I should be allowed to do now that you’re mine, plus the boys left an hour ago for their mothers because she didn’t want them going with us.” I laughed as he pushed his hips into mine, “Don’t you even want any? I’ve wanted to do this since I saw you at that dinner. But you showed up with Jordan.”

I pulled him down toward me and connected our lips, “Danny, we have to be at the airport by 9:30 and it’s 8. We have a 45 minute drive, maybe you’ll get lucky on the plane.” I knew that would kill him but I needed to know what my mom would think of him before I let him have any.
He looked at me with a hunger in his eyes and I knew he was afraid I was teasing, “Don’t you go making promises you can’t keep.” I smiled and grabbed my bag and his after changing my clothes. Danny was great agreeing so quickly to fly home to Kentucky with me after only moving in with him for a week.

We got into his car and drove the slow drive to the airport hoping that the flight would go smoothly since the past week had gone smoothly. I looked over at Danny and saw him in the zone as he was driving. I never thought in all of my life that I would be with a guy who is almost twice my age. I was happy though and wanted to know that my family was happy for me as well.

The car stopped moving as I saw the airport staring at me, taunting me, this was my first Christmas without my brother, the first one without Mike beside me and I was starting to feel intimidated. “You know it’ll hurt less if you get on the plane and get back home for a while.”

I looked over at him and knew his words were true; I just needed to get my shit together and get on the plane and head back home to Kentucky. I rolled out of the car and began the dreaded walk to the front doors wishing that I could just be home already and dealing with the changes life had given me.

“Danny, I don’t know if I’m going to make it through this.” I looked hurt and felt as if I was going to have a panic attack. I just wanted to go back and fix all of this before everything had gotten crazy.

He looked over at me and smiled, “Kelly, all you have to do is remember he is with you always and as for Mike you have me now and look at me, I’m pretty special. I’m meeting the parents after one official week.

I boarded the plane in a zombie state of mind and sat through the hour and a half flight ready to get home and see how my mother really felt about Danny. I was beginning to worry that Mike would show up to the house or that my family wouldn’t like Danny, or worse he wouldn’t fit into my family. I started going through what if situations until I felt Danny shake me. “We’re here, let’s go to your house so I can finally meet your family.”

The passengers were all off the plane as I began exiting and heading toward the rental car that was rented under my name and got behind the wheel. I really hoped that Danny liked Kentucky and liked my home because it meant a lot to me. I pulled down the gravel driveway to see my family standing outside coming down the stairs. The smiles plastered on their faces allowed the nerves jumping around in my stomach to settle down as I got out of the car.

“Well where is he?” my mother questioned as she looked around for the man that was supposed to be with me on this trip. Just as I was about to speak up my mother went walking to the other side of the car and hugged Danny. It was the best feeling in the world, the wind picked up and it felt as if Brett was right there with us in that moment, telling me he approved of Danny. “Let’s get you two inside now.” My mother began pushing us toward the house lingering near Danny, which made me suspicious of sneaky activity between the two.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for such a long delay between chapters. I hope you all are still reading this. For those who still are: my updates might be a little erratic but there should be a couple the week of the 18-22 because it is my spring break. This semester is getting really tough on me.
But I hope you keep reading comment bug me with comments to see if i'm alive i don't mind. but keep reading please and thanks.
Let me know what you think.
-S