Payne in My Ass.

Present

Lilianna helped me slide the red lacey dress over my head and smiled at me. “You look so fuckin’ pretty Elle.” she grinned, hugging me close. “You’re going to move on. Don’t you dare doubt yourself.”

I smiled at her and let out a nervous breath. “I can beat Liam.” My voice broke at the end but my smile widened as she vigorously nodded her head. My eyes went to the mirror and I touched my sides where the dress had cut out, revealing some of my abs.

Lilianna handed me my shoes while Judylynn fixed my hair. I looked at their reflections in the mirror and smiled. “Thanks guys.” I whispered, placing my earrings in and smiling. “You’re the best sisters ever.”

“We know.” they both said before they broke out laughing. I just rolled my eyes before slipping into my heels and brushing some make up on my face.

“Just think, pretty soon you’ll have your own style team and won’t need us.” Judylynn said, finishing my hair.

“I know.” I grinned. “I’ll actually look good then.” I joked, earning a slap from Lilianna.

“Well, you’re done.” Judylynn said, letting the rest of my hair cascade down my back. “And you look pretty good if I do say so myself.”

“Thanks so much.” I said, wrapping my arms around my siblings.

“Knock ‘em dead Elle.” Lilianna said, kissing my cheek and guiding me out of the dressing room to go stand with the rest of the contestants. I looked back and saw Judylynn’s blonde head sticking out of my dressing room and giving me a thumbs up before I made myself walk down the hallway.

I noticed Zain standing against a wall. He looked just as nervous as I did when I went and stood next to him.

“Hey Elle.” he mumbled, not looking up from his shoes.

“Hi Zain.” I whispered, biting into my lip and leaning against the wall.

“You nervous too?” he questioned, finally looking up at me.

“I’m so nervous.” I replied, tugging at my hair and forcing a smile.

“Well, you look great love.” he said with a smile. His name was called and the color drained from his face.

“You’re going to do amazing Zain. I’ve heard you sing before, you’re so good.” I reassured him and gently pushed him towards the entryway. He didn’t say anything, just made his way to the stage.

I played with my fingers and let out a slow breath as I waited for my name to be called. One by one everyone had gone on stage. I was thinking they forgot about me when finally “Brookelle Ultin” was called.

I almost threw up.

My breathing was barely coming as I slowly walked to the stage. A microphone was shoved into my writhing hands, causing them to stop before my heels clicked onto the stage.

“Hello Elle.” Simon said with a smile. He placed his papers down and glanced up at me. “What are you singing today?”

“If I Were a Boy by Beyonce.” I answered, my voice filled with the confidence that I wasn’t feeling. He nodded and the music started. My stomach flipped before I sang, my voice shook slightly, but I tried to pull it off as how I wanted it by making it shake with my next held out note.

I swayed to the music, using my hands as I sang. The confidence that I was lacking before suddenly soared through me as I continued to sing. As I came to the second verse I snapped my fingers, loving that I hadn’t been interrupted yet. I was able to sing all of my time slot, smiling as I held the microphone at my waist.

The judges thanked me before sending me off the stage. Not good I hissed in my head before running to my dressing room. I fumbled with the door knob when a hand pressed against my shoulder, grabbing my attention.

My head snapped in the person’s direction and I groaned loudly. “What do you want Liam?”

“I, uh, just wanted to say that you sounded really great out there.” he said, rubbing the back of his neck. I rolled my eyes.

“Oh yeah, real great. Hence the reason why they ushered me off stage so quick.” I replied, leaning my body against my dressing room door. I sighed and ruffled up my nicely done hair.

“Yeah, because they know they want to put you onto the next round.” he responded.

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever Liam.” I groaned, going to turn around.

“Don’t doubt it Elle, you’re beautiful and have an amazing singing voice. You’re going onto the next round.” he said just before I shoved my way into the room and slammed the door shut.

“Who was that? Zain?” Lilianna asked. I shook my head quickly and put it in my hands as I slid down the door. “Who then?” she repeated.

“No one!” I yelled into my hands, hitting my head back on the door. “Just shut up!”

Way to go Liam, ruining my day.

Lilianna quickly shut her mouth and I could hear her sit back down. I concentrated on trying to get my breathing back to normal and not think about what Liam said.

“It was Liam.” Judylynn’s voice announced, much to my dismay. “Told you he likes her.”

I glared over my hands and flipped her off as Lilianna screeched “Liam?! Ah!”

“Just ignore it. I’m going to.” I answered, rubbing my face and sighing. “Just ignore it. I’m going to.” I answered, rubbing my face and sighing. “I have to get out of here, I can’t stand it any longer.” I mumbled, pulling myself to my feet.

“Tomorrows the big day yeah?” Judylynn asked, linking her arm with mine.

“Yep. Tomorrow I find out if I’m going to the judge’s house or not.” I groaned, pushing my face into Lilianna’s shoulder. “Lets go get something to eat so I have something to throw up.”

~*~

The next day I found myself holding onto Zain’s hand as we waited for our respected groups to be called onto the stage. Liam was standing across from us, his eyes glued to our hands.

“You gonna be okay?” Zain softly asked, his face next to my ear as he too looked over at Liam.

“I’ll be fine.” I answered, squeezing his hand, “Good luck.” I said after someone yelled "Boys Group to the stage! Boys group!"

I played with my fingers and let out a deep breath while listening in on the people who were being called. My teeth dug into my lip harshly, drawing blood as the names were called off.

It seemed like no time before they were finished but I could only notice one thing, Liam’s name wasn’t called! I almost started dancing, but the fact that the girls group was up next stopped me. I tightly shut my eyes, popping them back open when I felt someone softly touch my back. I looked up and Zain was standing there, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. He didn’t make it either.

I pulled him into a quick hug and kissed his cheek. “It’ll be okay.” I whispered, hugging him tighter.

“Elle, I need you to make it.” He muttered, holding me close. “Since I didn’t you need to okay?”

I nodded as he let go. Zain smiled and wiped away the tears that I had unknowingly shed before giving me a gentle push towards the stage. My breathing hitched in my throat both out of fear and remorse for Zain. My knees shook as I took my place. I almost passed out.

This time, it seemed to take forever until they had said the names. And they were down to the last name. I shut my eyes tight, its not me. I told my self, tears building up behind my closed lids. I let Zain down. I let everyone down.

“Brookelle Ultin.”

My eyes popped open and my knees gave out. I was supported by the girls next to me who hugged me and said “well done” before passing me off to take the walk of pride off the stage. I felt on top of the world.

I made it and Liam didn’t! I screamed inside my head, hugging the host of the show. I let out a squeal of happiness as my answer to his question and was sent off with the rest of the girls who had gone on to the judge’s house. All the girls started hugging each other and crying and laughing. A few of us were jumping up and down.

The next thing I knew we were told we were gonna meet up with everyone who had made it. And the fact that Liam wasn’t going to be there made my life so much better. I couldn’t wait to call my sisters as I ran through the hallway with the other girls. I saw Zain and ran into his open arms, screaming that we made it.

“Zain oh my god!” I yelled, jumping into the air. My arms never left his middle as he followed me. “Wait a second!” I yelled, pushing him off me.

“What?” he asked, completely confused. He tried to wrap his arm around me again but I pushed him off.

“You didn’t go through!” I exclaimed, taking my turn to be confused as a big grin etched onto his face.

“The judges brought me and four other lads back and four girls who didn’t make it and put us into a boy band and a girl band!” He exclaimed. I yelped and pulled him back into my arms.

“Oh my god Zain that is good! Now we both made it! Ah!” I yelled, hugging him tightly. “Who is all in your group?” I asked once we had let each other go.

“Uhm,” he said, rubbing his neck and looking away from me. “About that…”

“Zain?” I asked, trying to get his focus back on me but he just wouldn’t make eye contact.

The next thing I knew I was pulled into another bone crushing hug. I hugged back with enthusiasm allowing the person to swing me back and forth. I giggled and steadied myself by using his shoulder once he let me down. I looked up and my face paled.

Looking down at me was none other than Liam.

“Oh god.” I groaned, “you’re in his boy band aren’t you?” I questioned, feeling my stomach drop. Liam nodded excitedly, hugging Zain tightly. I quickly turned away from them and ran as fast as I could away from them.

Could nothing go right for me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Brookelle's Performing outfit
The outfit the next day

oops sorry this took so long! I've been working more since someone quit! Good news though I'm working on a Niall story! And a Louis smut one shot! :D

Please please please please please leave some comments!