Payne in My Ass.

Present.

“Stand straighter Elle.” Savan said, placing his hand on my lower back and shoulder, forcing me to the position that he wanted. “That way it’s easier for the air to move through your lungs and gives you a more powerful voice.”

I did as he told me, standing up straight on my own, but the frown never left his face. I sighed “What am I doing wrong?”

“You’re not singing from your diaphragm there Elle.” he said, using one of his silly voices to get me to relax and giggle. “Okay, here’s what we’re gonna do.” he flopped his body onto the floor and patted the space beside him. “Join me.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Join you?”

“Lay down.” he instructed, taking his hat off his head and throwing it onto the table.

“Really?” I groaned. He just closed his eyes and nodded his head, looking completely serene. I sighed and brushed my ginger hair onto my chest before laying down next to him.

“Sing.” he said, “I’ll go with you. Come on.”

I nodded, listening as he started the cd that had my track on it. Our voices mingling in harmony. I felt my stomach bulging out with every breath and my throat relaxing as I sang. It sounded much stronger than it had before.

“Wow.” I mumbled, watching as Savan jumped up, he offered me his hands and pulled me to my feet. “That’s singing from my diaphragm eh?” I grinned, pulling my gray shirt down.

“Doesn’t it sound much better?” he smiled, placing his hat back onto his head. “Okay well, just practice what we just went through, trying laying down and singing more, get yourself used to it.”

I nodded my head and hugged him goodbye. My hand turned the doorknob and I stepped out into the cool hallway with a grin.

“You sounded really good in there.” a husk voice said from my left.

A sigh flew from my lips as I turned to face Liam. I crossed my arms over my chest and jutted my hip out. “You weren’t supposed to be listening in on my vocal session.” I replied.

“I was just walking by when I heard you singing. I really like your voice.” he defended himself.

I rolled my eyes. “That still doesn’t mean you can just listen in. You’re not allowed to.”

This time Liam rolled his eyes. “How about I never give you another compliment? Does that work for you?”

“Sounds great.” I responded, turning on my heel and starting to walk down the hallway.

“Elle,” he groaned, I raised an eyebrow and looked over at my shoulder towards him, never stopping my feet from moving. “Come on. Lets try and be nice to each other okay?” he asked, a slight begging tone in his voice.

I stopped and rested my hand on my hip. “Why? Now we’re competing against each other for the deal of a lifetime, why should I be nice to you?”

“Because we’re both away from home and we’re the only people that we know.” Liam answered, taking a few steps forward.

I bit my lip, “I know Zain, we’re friends.” my voice shakily answered, but I knew what he meant.

“Yeah and I know the rest of the lads, but we’ve known each other all our lives Elle.” he said, lightly touching my back. I shrugged him off. “Want to go get some lunch?” he asked, a hopeful tint in his voice.

I turned to face him and let out a loud sigh. “If I go get lunch with you will you leave me alone?”

“If you still want me to, yeah.” he responded.

~*~
We’ve been sitting in a small restaurant for the past half an hour. I bit into my lip and watched Liam across from me. Our lunch was the most awkward thing I have ever been through. A sigh fell from my lips and I took a drink of my Coke.

"Lets play twenty questions," I offered, not wanting to eat in this atmosphere. Liam nodded, silently thanking me for the suggestion. "You first."

"Uh, what’s your favorite color?" he asked, shyly looking away.

"Olive green." I smiled, "It looks great with my hair."

He nodded, “Favorite song?”

“One Week by the Barenaked Ladies. Makes me laugh every time.”

He smiled softly and continued asking me questions. “So, about that spoon necklace.” he said as our waitress came over to our table, dropping our food off. I lightly touched the silver pendant and looked down. “Why’d you wear it every day?”

I played with my fork, my eyes refusing to meet his. “Well, my dad gave it to me.” I answered, stabbing into my pasta.

His face fell, and he cleared his throat. “Didn’t he….”

“Yeah. He died last year.” I cut in, smiling quickly. “Way to kill the mood.” I joked, taking a big bite of my food.

Liam frowned deeply. “I’m sorry. I was just wondering.”

I shook my head, “Don’t be.” I smiled, “my turn to ask questions?” he nodded and I started to rattle off some of the same questions that he did-favorite song, favorite color, favorite food, biggest fear, who he couldn’t live without.

We ate our food as we talked, choking on some of it from laughing too hard. I never thought I could get along so well with Liam. I guess I never tried, never wanted to. I found myself watching him as he laughed, his eyes turning into slits as his face scrunched up when he howled.

We finally calmed down and paid the bill that our annoyed waitress served us. As we were walking out, Liam’s hand caught mine, pulling me to a stop. “Can I have one more question?”

I nodded and licked my lips. “Yeah, fire away.”

“Why do you hate me so much? We had a lot of fun in there…” he said, dropping my hand and scratching the back of his neck.

I sighed and tangled my fingers together. “You always do better than me. I can never win a fucking thing with you around Liam. It gets tiring after a while…” I answered, not daring to look him in the eyes.

“I was only trying to get your attention.” He whispered. My green eyes shot up and locked with his brown ones. He just shrugged and continued on our walk back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh I'm sorry I haven't updated this in forever, I'm horrible I know.

Elle's Outfit

Please comment and I'll love you forever.