Status: Complete

Alive Till Kingdom Come.

Interview.

The next day was relatively easy. I woke up, got changed and had breakfast. My mother was nowhere in sight. I worked with Chaff for a couple of hours on how I was going to play it. The plan: Cocky and nonchalant. Then I worked with Oswald about posture and smiling. Lunch was brief (assorted sandwiches, salads and pasta.) and the rest of the day was focused on me looking as good as I can. My hair was combed back, my face highlighted and I got sprayed down with gold glitter. The clothes I wore where similar to those of the parade. I wore black slacks, another see-through button up but this time in forest green, black dress shoes and a gray jacket. The jacket reminds me of one my dad has back home, which makes me feel a little better.
“You look great.” Perprismia says while fixing the creases on the jacket. It was just us. Only a hour until the interviews.
“Thank you.”
“Welcome. Are you nervous?”
“Yeah, a little.”
“You’ll do great. It doesn’t really matter what you say as long as your confident in your answers you’ll be fine.”
“Ok, sounds easy enough.”
“Oh, and Abram. If Cesar brings up you’re mother don’t scowl liking your doing now. It doesn’t look good on you.” I smile a little, putting on my mask of confidence and calmness on. Although Perprismia is kind of ditzy and superficial it’s also kind of funny and I know she means well.
“Well, lets get you down there.” She says while taking my wrist in her small hand and pulling me towards the elevator.
Before I know it, I’m getting shoved onto the stage with all 23 other tributes. I’m squished in between the girl from 10 and Rosemary. The only interview I really listened to was Ruby’s. She’s dressed in a very pretty white dress with diamonds and sapphires tastefully placed. She’s bubbly but also makes it very clear she’s lethal.
“So, Ruby. Any allies?” She flicks her eyes back at all the tributes and smiles back at Cesar.
“I have a few.”
“Care to tells us who?”
“Well obviously my brother, Orion…” she looks back at us all and her gaze stays on me for a few seconds, I smirk and she looks back at Cesar.
“Got your eyes on a certain district eleven boy?” the crowd laughs and I see that the cameras are on me so, I give a lop sided smile and a little wave.
“Well, he is quite handsome. Don’t you all agree?” the crowd cheers in agreement and I’m glad we are on the same side. She put attention on me in her interview. That’s not going to do her any favors, but it will help me loads. Before I know it, it was my turn. Cesar shouts my name and I swagger over to him and shake his hand. The crowd is so loud I can barely hear myself think. But I sit down, prop my left leg on my right, lean back and smile at Cesar until the crowd dies down.
“Well, Abram you’ve made quit a splash here. For those of you who don’t know, you’re mother is the black widow, Do you think you are as ruthless as she was?”
I feel anger stirring inside me; I take a moment to calm down, with the same cocky smirk I answer.
“I’m not really like my mother but I can promise you I’ll give you a good show.”
“I’m sure you will! Now I’ve heard some rumors of you getting into a little trouble during training. Care to tell?” I look back at Orion to see him scowling, I gave a genuine smile. It was kind of funny.
“Well, I can’t say to much but there is something you should know. I don’t go looking for trouble, trouble just finds me and trouble just happens to be a relatively dim boy from district one.” Cesar gave a hearty chuckle as if what I said was funnier then it really was.
“Abram, how did you get that 10 in training?” I laugh a little, stand up and pull off my jacket and begin to unbutton my shirt. The whole crowd and Cesar where laughing hysterically and before I could get to the third button Cesar pulls me back down to my seat. Saying “Down boy, down boy.”
“So, what do you think about the Capitol? Anything that catches your eye?”
“Well, the women here are quite gorgeous.” Some women in the crowd swoon. Cesar gives a hearty chuckle.
“Tell, you what. Win the games and you can come back to see them every year.”
“Oh, I intend too.” The bell rings, my interview is over.
“Everyone give a hand for Abram Wellwood of district 11!” Cesar shouts while grabbing my wrist and pulling me up. I give a triumphant smile and once again the crowd goes ballistic.
♠ ♠ ♠
xo, Jessie