Status: Alive;) Comment/Subscribe/Recommend<3

Sick Little Games.

006

We held hands as we walked through the gloomy corridors, towards the Slytherin common room. The temperature suddenly dropped, as we came to the last corridor. It was a dreadful sight: skulls and skeletons lined the foreboding walls. Hogwarts had never felt more menacing and terrifying. It now occurred that the castle was very unique and deceitful. The skulls probably belonged to people below the superior Salazar Slytherin. People who were shown no mercy. People like me. I’m a ‘blood-traitor’.

“Don’t be scared babe” Sophie sniggered. Yet I felt so embarrassed. I wasn’t scared of the bones or dark; I was scared that the place I called home for four years, was still so foreign.

“Oh.. umm I’m not, I’ve just never been down here. It’s not what I expected.” I retorted she was making me feel stupid.She knew everything about me, so it was inevitable that she knew what I was really feeling.

She laughed harder.

“What did you expect?! Flowers and butterflies?” she asked teasing. Mate she annoys the hell out of me, but I love her. I rolled my eyes.

“I guess not” I replied the blush creeping up my cheeks.

I think realised she was irritating me, so she shut up thankfully. We walked around the corner, I saw what I presume was the entrance to the common room. There was a large painting of an emerald serpent on the wall. Sophie stopped to face the snake.

“Tom Riddle” She muttered. Obviously. They were big supporters.

“It had to be that!” I laughed though secretly I was disgusted: You-Know-Who was evil, yet they all worshiped him. Even Soph, who says she hates him.

“Too right, You ready babe?” She asked assertively.

“As ready as I’ll ever be” I light nervous giggle escaped my lips. I was bricking it, but I wouldn’t show it. For once I will play this masquerade with assurance.

We walked into the common room, the temperature dropping lower still, if that was possible. The atmosphere was cold yet full with anticipation. The whole place was a mess, so I guess the party was in full swing. Sophie dragged me over to the table with alcohol. She instantly grabbed a shot of Fire Whiskey and downed it. I just stared at her, I mean I had drunk before but not straight away and not that much. I mean she was practically drinking the whole bottle, as she had six more shots. To be honest I didn’t want to get hammered on a school night. I know how pathetic that must sound, but Hermione would kill me.

“Fucking hell Sophie!” I yelled over the music. She handed me a small shot, I know no matter how hard I’ll try, I will still end up drunk. I sighed.

“It’ll loosen you up” She said persuading me. I took it cautiously and swiftly drank it. Ugh fuck me. It was like flames surging down my throat. I wretched and I felt awful.

“Urggh” I complained. It wasn’t as bad now, as I started feeling the effects.

“Don’t be a baby!” She shouted, followed by more shots. I smiled and decided what the hell. I grabbed more shots downing them immediately. The burn was dulled now, as I got used to it.

After what seemed like hours of constant drinking, I lost my balance slipped over. But luckily Sophie wasn’t a lightweight like me, and was still aware of everything, as caught me. However I say that but she did nearly drop me.

“Enough for you Missy” She laughed.

Embarrassing.

“Shall we dance?” I suggested.

Before she could reply, I grabbed her arm and pulled to the middle of the dance floor. I felt different. For once I actually felt good about myself. Sure of myself. I knew it was probably the drink, but I was definitely changing. We danced there for awhile, looking like complete idiots. Until she caught the eye of a tall dark guy and we quickly parted.

I watched her walk away with her head held high . I chuckled to myself quietly, that’s my girl. So confident. So beautiful. I loved Sophie so much, I class her as the only real family I have. She has always been there for me and nothing could come between us. I stumbled over to the drinks. Walking was a dangerous idea whilst being very drunk and wearing ridiculously high heals. But I needed more. I mean what’s a party without alcohol? Or so Sophie says. To be honest this wasn’t my kind of scene: but throughout the summer me and Phee had been partying non-stop. I guess things were changing. I mean nothing can stay the same forever, no matter how hard we try. I downed another three shots; and I felt incredible.

I looked around confused where was Sophie? I’d just seen her minutes ago, dancing with that guy. Fuck my life. She’s left me. I staggered towards the gothic green sofa and sat down on my own. Everything was gothic and green in this place, even the lights. People just walked past not even glancing down at me. I was invisible again. Always in Sophie’s shadow. I never used to care but now we’re older. Freer. Independent. I want to be noticed. For once. Yes: I am very jealous of Sophie but I don’t resent her. However I have made a decision: this year is MY year. I’m going to be confident. I’m going to be noticed for all the right reasons. I closed my eyes. I was beginning to grow tired of this party and wanted to leave; but I couldn’t without saying goodbye to Soph. I guess I’ll just have to get over it.
My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by some drunken idiot spilling a drink over me.

“Ugh can’t you look where you’re going?!” I demanded to the obnoxious Slytherin girl. She just ignored me and carried on walking. Dumb blonde. Wait I’m blonde. Awkward.

“Are you okay?” A cold voice asked me. I hadn’t notice anyone stood there, as I was still glaring at the girl’s retreating back. I whipped my head round and saw him. The one who had captured many hearts and broken them each in turn. Draco Malfoy. A pure-blood Slytherin, talking to a blood-traitor Gryffindor. If only he knew. I nodded. Then I quickly cast the spell ‘Tergeo’ which instantly cleaned my dress of all evidence of the accident.

“You look just as beautiful.” He said smirking.

“I’m not one of those girls you can bed, just by complimenting them.” I retorted wiping the irritating smirk off of his gorgeous face.

“I wasn’t even thinking about it, I was just simply stating a fact.” He responded. I couldn’t help but smile as the blush crept up my cheeks. He looked quite smug at the reaction he had caused in me. “May I have the honour of this dance Miss?” He asked bowing slightly. I gently placed my hand in his outstretched one.

“Of course Mr Malfoy.” I answered as I curtsied. He gentle placed his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms comfortably around his neck. It felt right. Safe. Normal. We slowly swayed to the music, which was a slow romantic song. Typical.

“How is it that I don’t even know your name, yet I feel compelled by your charm?” He asked smirking. So this is how he wants to play…then game on. I wanted to have fun. I wanted to be confident. I wanted to be Sophie.

“How is it that you are so up yourself, yet I am still dancing with you?” I retorted in a mock posh voice. I casually stuck my tongue out. Like you do. However his smirked only widened, even though I had dented his ego for the second time.

“You have a sharp tongue mystery girl, but you have hurt my feelings.” He answered in an equally posh tone.

“So the Prince of Slytherin does have a heart?” I asked in genuine surprise.

“He does.” He chuckled quietly.

“He should show it more often.” I whispered.

“Expressing emotions makes you weak.” He said coldly. Only then did I realise how deep the poison was and I shivered at the thought of his ice cold heart. I couldn’t bare to believe someone had that much darkness within.

“It makes you human.” I muttered. I gazed at his platinum blonde hair as it glittered in the moonlight. I have to admit he was very attractive, even if he was a Slytherin. I looked down and stared into his sapphire blue eyes. And I felt hope. I saw a glimmer of light and I knew not all was lost. He hadn’t fully been consumed by hate. The music changed and suddenly it was a fast beat. I started twirling which was not a good idea whilst drunk. For the second time tonight I slipped but before I hit the stone floor, I felt a firm grip around my waist.

“Er…thank you.” I said embarrassed. I’m so clumsy and I just made a fool of myself in front of Draco Malfoy. Fuck my life again.

“Maybe it’s time for bed.” He smirked as he helped me up.

“Oh Mr Malfoy are you trying to seduce me.” I asked flirtatiously whilst winking at him. He led me towards the sofa.

“Of course not.” He whispered his smirk widening. I didn’t trust him, but I didn’t care. The earlier effects from the Fire Whiskey had worn off; and now I only felt exhausted. I saw black spots in the corner of my eyes, as I carefully sat down.

“Thank you.” I said as my speech be came slurred. The darkness finally consumed me, as my eyes fluttered shut. It felt like I had only a moment of sleep, before Sophie came to wake me up.

“Nixx” I heard someone whisper my name and I felt a light pressure on my shoulders. No. Sleep. I need to sleep. I groaned. Then realisation hit me like a slap in the face. My eyes snapped open to see bright blue eyes staring back at me. The memories from last night came flooding back, but they were hazy.

"Shit Soph, what happened?” I asked perplexed.

“I’m not sure, you need to get back now” She replied helping my to my feet. Only then did I see what a mess the room was in. Haha. They were in trouble. But so would I be if anyone noticed me gone; but with any luck nobody in Gryffindor will remember last night. We rushed across the common room, stepping over sleeping bodies. We hastily dashed through the empty corridors. What if we got caught? I couldn’t imagine the amount of trouble we would be in. We reached the portrait hole undisturbed. Thank god.

“Mimbulus Mimbletonia” I mumbled. The portrait swung open. “I’ll see you soon Soph” I said as I stumbled into the common room.

“I love you” She whispered smiling.

“Love you too” I said quietly. She was the only person I loved, because she’s all I have. I could never lose her. The portrait closed behind me as I hurried across the room, towards the girls dorm. I stripped my dress and pulled on my pyjamas. I looked at the mess my make-up and hair was in; and I sighed. I would deal with it in the morning. I jumped into bed and pulled the crimson blanket up around me. I was just about to let sleep succumb but I heard Hermione stir.

“Where have you been?” She demanded frowning. Uh-oh. I guess she noticed.

“Long story, I’ll tell you in the morning.” I muttered as I rolled over and drifted into a peaceful sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed it;) Flirting;) Sorry if there's any grammar/spelling mistakes I will check again tomorrow x
Massive thanks and tons of love to:
bookreader89
Renavelia
jackles.
iAmJacksCreativity
Morganlove146
angelxgates
kayluhjade

~This.Is.Me.