Status: Completed :)

The One for Me

Chapter Sixteen

Kiesop intertwined our fingers as we walked the garden. He had tried everything to make me forget about Jonghyun. We had gone to the Tavern, he slept over, and I even introduced him to my mom to make her happy. She approved, but I had a feeling she would have approved of anyone as long as it wasn’t Jonghyun walking through her door holding my hand. He pecked my forehead as we stopped in front of the fountain. It was made of stone and an angel stood there with her wings around her as water poured from her mouth. It was my favorite fountain in the garden.

“I’m going to Italy next month… you should come with me,” said Kiesop breaking the comfortable silence.

I stared at him. He wanted me to go to Italy with him? “Why?”

“Well after the wedding I figured you wouldn’t want to be here,” he shrugged. He was right. The entire town would have to attend the wedding because it was the Prince and Princess getting married to become King and Queen. If you weren't there you were assumed to be a traitor or a spy for a rivaling country. But Italy? My mother would have to be killed in order for me to go over there.

“My mom won’t allow it,” I mumbled.

“I asked her already and she said that I could take you if you wanted to go,” he grinned. My head snapped up to meet his dark blue eyes which were serious about his request.

“She told you yes?” I asked skeptically. “You talk to my mother?” I was a bit disgusted by that fact. Why had she said yes? Did she want me away from here because of Jonghyun getting married? If she truly cared she would have gotten rid of Hana for me.

“I just want to take you away…” Kiesop looked vulnerable for a moment. His pale skin glistened under the sunlight and he looked younger for a few seconds. If it were another life he would make a very attractive King.

“Why?” I asked.

“Well I’m-“

“Key!”

I turned to see Jonghyun marching through the labyrinth towards us. Kiesop glowered at his upcoming figure. And I was pretty sure I held the same scowl. “What?” I snapped.

“I want to talk to you,” he stated simply. He eyed Kiesop and then trailed his brown irises down to our hands. “Alone.”

“And I want you to leave Kibum alone,” Kiesop growled. “But it just doesn’t seem like we’re getting what we want today huh?”

Jonghyun scoffed. “This has nothing to do with you… Kibum and I have something important to discuss.”

“Oh yeah like what? How Hana-ssi needs an apology for him telling you the truth about the little bitch? Well you’re not getting one so go back to your palace with your pretend perfect life,” snapped Kiesop. I was startled by his use of words but it was true. I wouldn't apologize.

Jonghyun stared at me with such disappointment that I felt like my heart was being weighed down by a rock. “You told him everything?”

“Do you know me? Because I thought I was nothing but a fling to you,” I growled. “Don’t you have a fiancée? Go have sex with her; you’re not getting it from me.”

“You know that I didn’t use you Kibummie,” he hissed. His voice was sincere. I could feel the tears well up in my eyes. How could I be so okay with being thrown around like this?

Kiesop let out a loud impatient sigh. “Are we done?”

“Can you just give us five minutes please?” I asked. Kiesop looked at me and his stern gaze vanished. He nodded and kissed my forehead before heading off. “I’m listening.”

“Key… I don’t know why you’re acting like this but it isn’t fair to me,” Jong said softly. “I love you; I could never stop loving you.”

“Yeah,” I shrugged. It sounded so bitter coming out of mouth. Once again I had that feeling in my chest, where it felt like my heart was being ripped out.

“What you said about Hana-ssi was disrespectful to me,” he sighed. “And I expect an apology if you want this relationship to work.”

“Relationship?” I snapped. “There is no fucking relationship Jonghyun don’t you see that? I have sat here and took your crap about Hana and you needing to marry her but you never cared about me otherwise you would be true to the words you said.”

“I am true-“

“I would give up being a prince to be with you… that’s what you said! Is that not true? Am I making it up?” I asked. “Am I?!” He stood there silent. He had nothing to say. “I heard her! That day I ran out from meeting your dad I heard her talk about killing you.”

“No,” he shook his head in disbelief.

“Yeah… poison was what they were talking about,” I hissed angrily. Tears flowed down my face as if my eyes were a waterfall. “And Hana is the only one with a motive to do that… if you die she gets the kingdom, your money, your castle, your name…. but you don’t want to hear that! If you just took one look in the mirror you would see what she is doing to you.”

He put up his hand and sighed. “Fine… if you want to break up then just tell me but don’t make up lies about Hana-ssi.”

I covered my mouth as sobs ejected violently from my throat. I couldn’t keep myself silent anymore. “I’m so glad I know who you would choose if it came down to it…”

“You made me do this Kibum!”

“No! You made this happen,” I shouted. “She’s trying to kill you and you hate me so mucha s to believe her over me? You said you loved me!”

“I do love you,” he said voice cracking. “I just…” he paused trying to compose himself.

“Don’t believe anything bad about Hana?” I snapped.

“She has said nothing to you!”

I threw a folded up piece of paper at him. “She doesn’t have to! She writes it! She writes how much she wants me to stay away from you and that if I get in the way of you two getting married she’ll kill me!” I watched him stare at the paper in horror. “But you don’t want to hear that.” I turned to leave and I didn’t hear him call my name or run after me. He just let me go. And burned his eyes in to the back of my head as my world came tumbling down.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I have updated lol :) I think this is getting a bit intense don't you? I may update JOng's POV today to because I've already started it! :) So comment and subscribe!

Thanks for reading! ^_^