I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 5

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!

Chapter 5

"You insolent little human. How dare you mock me!" yelled the toad looking straight at me while the girl was snickering behind her hand. "Oops. I guess I didn’t say that in my head. Sorry." I said not meaning a word of it. The girl busted out laughing. "Rin how dare you laugh at me. After all that I have done for you. I’ll make sure Lord Sesshomaru hears about all of this!" Jaken huffed. ‘So the kids name is Rin. That would be important if we weren’t surrounded by hungry demons.’ "Hey you can tell this Lord Sesshomaru anything you want, as long as we survive this that is." I said pointing to our little problem. "Look if we are going to survive we need to fight our way out. Will you help me little toad?"

"I’m not a toad, I’m an imp you stupid human. And who said I’d be helping you. I will help myself. You are on your own.
"But master Jaken you have to help. We will die unless you do!" pleaded Rin.
"Yeah, listen to the kid, toad, she knows what she is talking about." I said purposely getting his species wrong.
"For the last time I am an imp, not a toad, so get it right. And since the only way out of here is to co-operate I see no other choice. Plus if anything happens to Rin Lord Sesshomaru would kill me." Jaken said actually frightened.

"Are you done yet we want to devour you now." said a particularly ugly demon with drool dripping out from his jowls. "I guess we have no choice. Rin stay close to one of us. Toad are you ready?" Jaken just glared at me but nodded curtly. He then started to blast fire balls from the two headed staff yelling "Feel the wrath of the Two Headed Staff!" and going all crazy. I on the other hand was slashing away trying to find an opening to get away. My wounds from earlier weren’t helping me much so I was getting tired fast. I wasn’t paying enough attention to my surroundings except what was in front of me. So when the demon that called out to us before came charging at me form my side I didn’t notice it. When I did I turned and was about to defend when he veered off to my left. I was shocked for a moment till’ I remembered Rin. ‘The demon was after her!’ I thought. I released my left hand from the sword just fast enough to push Rin out of the way. Unfortunately for me I was not quick enough to pull my hand back so my forearm got the complete force of the hit meant for Rin. All I felt in that moment was a searing pain with, to me, a loud crack.

I dropped the sword and fell to my knees. I tried to hold in a scream but failed miserably. "Ahhhhhhhhhhh..!!" I pressed my broken arm to my body while rocking back and forth. I knew then that I was going to die. I couldn’t think of anything else but the pain. It consumed me. All the pain for my injuries seemed to strengthen even more. After awhile I couldn’t even get out a whimper let alone a scream. I faintly heard Rin calling to me through my cloud of pain. I couldn’t focus. ‘We’re done for.’ I thought. ‘Nothing can help us now.’ my vision cleared enough for me to see the demons waiting around us. Jaken had joined us and was pleading for me to get up while insulting me. I just bowed my head and said "Sorry." I let a tear escape my eye. The demons then pounced all at once. It was then that I heard a strong male’s voice call out "Dragon Strike!" And in a flash of blue lighting all the demons that attacked were annihilated.

I sat there in shock while both Rin and Jaken called out "Lord Sesshomaru!!" With that I turned my head to see a man, no more like a boy around 17 years old walking up to us. He had beautiful amber eyes with a lean and young looking face. On each of his cheeks were two magenta stripes. On his forehead was a blue crescent moon. He had long flowing sliver hair. It looked silky smooth. He was dressed in white with a yellow and blue sash around his waist. His chest was clad in armor and his left shoulder was covered in spiked shoulder armor. He walked up to us with the look of a cold blooded killer. His face was so stern it was hard not to believe he was a lord. He had the air of authority and arrogance. It was easy to tell this boy was a demon and probably looked a lot younger then he actually was. As he came up to us Rin and Jaken ran up to him and started hugging his legs. He looked down at me and asked in one of the coldest voices possible "Who are you?" It seems through my pain filled mind I was able to tell that he didn’t like me any.

"I don’t have to tell you a damn thing." I said breathing heavily. ‘Just great. Pissing him off is a great idea.’ I thought sarcastically. It was just that everything about him pissed me off. ‘Although he did just save my life. Shit! This is bad he is giving me a really nasty glare.’ He started to stalk towards me when suddenly another hoard of demons came bursting through the trees. These were even bigger and meaner then before. "My Lord! We are completely surrounded!" Jaken yelled. I just shook my head slightly. ‘He is such an idiot. Stating something completely obvious.’ I thought. Rin then spoke up. "Lord Sesshomaru what are we to do?" "Don’t you know anything you silly girl. There is nothing to hard for Lord Sesshomaru!" "If what you are saying is true, then it is also not to hard for him to die." I remarked smugly. That got me an evil glare from both Jaken and Lord Sesshomaru. Rin just stood there looking confused.

"You little wench!" Jaken yelled "How dare you talk to...."
"Jaken that is enough." said the cold voice of Lord Sesshomaru. "You will keep Rin behind us at all times. If she gets hurt Jaken it is you who will pay."
"Yes m’ lord...of course m’ lord." Jaken stuttered.
"And you girl. You will pay for that insult later." He said eyeing my coldly. ‘I got a bad feeling about that.’ I thought as Lord Sesshomaru stepped in front of us, seemingly protectively, facing the demons. I had gotten out of my pain filled mind long enough to grab the sword which was still lying next to me. I used it as a crutch to help me get up. I knew that I could no longer use my left hand so my swing would have less power and control in it. ‘It was going to be a tough one but if this Lord Sesshomaru was as strong as he seemed to be then there shouldn’t be a problem.’ I thought. As I thought this the waiting demons became impatient and attacked our small group. Lord Sesshomaru with out any hesitation at all raised his sword and slashed while saying "Dragon Strike!" Again that blue lighting or whatever it was came, it seemed, from the sword itself. I felt weird then. When I looked at Lord Sesshomaru not only did I see the power, but also I saw and felt the energy emitting from both him and the sword. It was only there for a moment but it left me feeling a little anxious and , admittingly, scared. I didn’t know what had happened and I as sure as hell didn’t want to find out.

It seemed during my little moment of weirdness I lost focus on the battle around me. I was sharply thrown back into reality when I was slammed against a tree with a clawed hand at my throat. I looked up wide eyed and saw that it was Lord Sesshomaru. "Wh...What are you doing?" I asked shocked and nervous. "This is your punishment for your remark earlier." He said calmly while tightening his grip around my throat. I looked around and saw all the demons dead. I was glad, but now I don’t know how to get out of this situation.

"That’s right m’ lord squeeze her throat until she dies." said the squeaky voice of Jaken. "Quiet Jaken or it is you who I will punish next." when he said that his eyes never wavered from mine. ‘He truly does have beautiful eyes.’ I thought. ‘What am I thinking! He is about to kill me!’ I didn’t know what to do. My left arm was completely useless. My right arm still held the sword grasped in my hand lightly. It was getting harder to breath. My neck started to tingle slightly. ‘What the hell!’ I thought. Then it started to burn. It hurt so bad that tears formed in the corner of my eyes.

"Stop it please!" I heard Rin cry. "She saved my life Lord Sesshomaru. Please don’t hurt her!" Sesshomaru completely ignored her still staring into my eyes. I knew he wouldn’t listen to her. So I had a choice, either drop the sword, my only defense, to struggle with my right hand which I know won’t work, or keep the sword which I was to weak to use anyway. It was true, I was weak. The edges of my eyes started to see darkness. I was glad that un-conciseness had come for me. Now I won’t feel the pain anymore and death will find me unknowing and unafraid. I welcomed the blackness with open arms. I saw for a moment a look of puzzlement on Lord Sesshomaru’s face. It must have been a sight. A girl dying by his hands and she was smirking. That is how I fell into the comforting darkness. But not before I heard voices screaming mine and Lord Sesshomaru’s name.