If I Knew Who You Were

Intervention

"Hey, you look amazing" I smiled confidently as I looked down over his small frame. My eyes scanning every fiber of his body to try and ingrain the beautiful image in my mind over and over until it remained forever. He blushed and cast his eyes downwards slightly, which I must add, could possible be one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. Even though, the fact he blushed and looked down meant that he obviously disagreed with me.
How could someone who looked like that not be confident with themselves?

"Thanks, you too" he mumbled before looking back up and smiling shyly. I smiled back before taking his hand and leading him away. Well, trying to. I was stopped by Linda.

"Gerard, would you like to introduce your date to me?" she said as her eyes burned a hole into Franks face and he looked very uncomfortable with the whole situation.

I glanced from him to her and back again. "Uh, Linda - this is Frank. Frank, this is Linda, she works here and is one of my most favouritest people in the world" I smiled proudly. Linda smiled at me before once again glaring at Frank. She grabbed my arm before leading me away from Frank who scuffed his shoes on the floor uncomfortably.

"Gerard, I know It's not at all my say, but I know that your parents won't approve of him" she whispered harshly. I didn't understand, she was the one who was yesterday telling me not to lose hope.

"Of course they won't they don't even know I'm gay yet"

"I thought you said you were going to tell them when they come back?"

"I am, but thats in a couple of weeks"

"...Listen...Just take Frank out tonight but don't make contact with him again, I know for a fact that they won't like him"

"How?"

"I just...I've worked for them for over 20 years, I understand them"

"Well...Thank you for your intervention, but I'm not losing contact with him anytime soon. I think he's an amazing guy. He's not like any other guy I've dated"


She furrowed her eyebrows together before waving her hand as a gesture to tell me to leave already, so thats exactly what I did. I took his hand, and lead him into the garage where the cars were kept before opening the door for him so he could get in. He giggled at the gentleman-like gesture as I walked around the front of the car to get in on my side.

In the car, an almost awkward silence loomed over us, neither of us really knowing what to say to the other. I wasn't entirely comfortable with the situation so I put some music on. It just happened to be the Misfits, simply because I knew he liked them, else he wouldn't have been at the gig. He looked over at me and offered a small smiled before continuing to look out of his window and chew his nails nervously. Was he nervous because of me?

After a short drive, I pulled up into the car park of an expensive restaurant that I took most of my dates too. I know that sounded lame and like there was no real thought in it, but that wasn't the only reason. This place did damn good food. We both got out, and Frank looked at the smallish building in front of us.

"Gerard...I-I can't afford to come somewhere like this"

"Well, it's a good thing you're not paying then, isn't it" I smiled at him. He was too cute.

"But, it's really expensive, It's not fair for you to have to pay for both of us..."

"Frankie. You can't have missed to size of my house and I'm pretty sure you noticed that the car you came here in wasn't exactly cheap"

He snorted in response before shrugging and saying, "Still feel kinda bad"

"Well don't" I retorted grabbing his arm and leading him inside.

A waiter seated us, and we sat together in the dim light across the table from on another. We were both handed menus and Frank scanned his quickly before putting it down.
"You know what you want already?"

"Yeah, there's only one page for vegetarian meals"

"You're vegetarian?"

"Yeah" he blushed slightly.

"Awesome" I smiled back before placing my menu back on the table as well.

The waiter came back a little while later and asked our orders.

"I'll have the vegetarian lasagna, please" He said, politely.

"I'll have the same" I said before the waiter had ever asked me my order. He nodded and walked away and Frank looked at me in shock.

"You didn't have to do that, I'm not one of those vegetarians who hates it when people eat meat around me. I just, hate eating it myself"

"I wanted to though" I smiled, and placed my hand over his on the table. He smiled slightly at the gesture before moving his hand around, I thought he was doing it to get my hand away, but I soon realized that he was just turning his hand over to thread our fingers together. I wasn't complaining.