Blossoming Fates

Game

Brian and I hurried into my apartment to find Zacky and Payton lying on my living room floor on top of my cushions, pillows, comforters, and throw blankets which were placed underneath them to project a bed. I furrowed my brows together as they look up at Brian and me only briefly smiling before returning to a cruel game of battleship. I could see from my position that Zacky was currently being demolished by Payton. She rolled around in joy once she sank all of Zacky’s ships.

“You just got beat by Payton,” Brian teased

“What’s that supposed to mean Bri?” She asks pouting at him and I saw him stumble over his words trying to explain.

“Let’s play some games,” I suggested at the idea of wanting us to hang out with each other for the night.

We all decide on the most loved game, The Game of Things, Payton and I adored this game when we were in college and we had people come over. She somehow made everything dirty and inappropriate, but it was in all good humor. I knew tonight would be no different for the loud mouth blonde. I was sure Brian would love not only her humor and dirty jokes, but also her inability to draw up a challenge. Zacky grabs the heavy box down from the closet and brings it over to the recycled bed that Brian and I are now lying on. I chose to lay closer to Zacky and gave Brian the space to Payton. I hand out the pencils and note pads. We voted on Payton being the reader for the game, which allowed Brian to be the guesser for the evening as well.

“Things,” Payton began as she drew her first card, “You shouldn’t lick,” She laughs wildly at her present thoughts and began to scribble out her response.

We all hand in our sheets of paper after folding them up and Payton scrambles them trying to make Brian have a hard time guessing who the responses belong to. The first round consisted of answers such as sweaty balls, hairy nipples, a mother’s hand, and finally a line of salt. We all turned to Brian as he pondered whose answers belong to whom. It ends up in Zacky’s hands as he guesses Brian’s answer turning out to be the line of salt.

“You cheated!” Brian shouted at Zacky

“Brian stop the whining,” Payton said shoving him gently causing him to roll over, “I’m playing God right now and you, my friend, are dead.” She said finalizing the decision

“Brian, how’s it feel to be dead?” I snicker at him.

“Yeah, do you feel all dead-like?” Zacky mused and winked at me before we laughed at Brian.

“Shut up cheaters!” He yelled before pouting in his spot

“Things you shouldn’t do in public,” Payton reads and again giggles and we continue to play.

Finally after a few rounds of that game we all readjust ourselves getting more comfortable. I hand my back leaning against a pillow as Zacky’s arm hung loosely around my shoulders. Payton laid her head in Brian’s lap as she grew more flirtatious with the man. I wanted to stop her, but both of them seemed happy. Zacky had explained some of Brian’s relationship with Michelle and how it wasn’t a healthy one. Apparently they cheated continuously on the other one to get back at whatever they had done last. I knew Brian had left it mild and allowed me to guess what happened between him and Michelle, but he didn’t bad mouth Michelle. Brian wouldn’t speak a harsh word about the blonde. Brian only said he and Michelle didn’t belong together.

“Will you help me make some drinks for us?” I ask Zack pulling him into the kitchen.

“Sure, Babe,” He says and follows after me

I grab out vodka, club soda, and some absinthe knowing that is was Zacky’s favorite, “Are Brian and Payton pushing things too far by cuddling?” I ask him as I work on the chilled refreshments.

“I haven’t seen Brian this way since before Jimmy passed away,” He admits as he helps cut up some cucumber, apples, and watermelon, “She does to him, what you do to me.”

I pour vodka straight for Brian with some ice and a cup filled with the fruit and vodka with a splash of soda for Payton, “What do I do to you, that she does to him?” I ask before pouring myself a glass of club soda and fruit and Zacky a glass of absinthe and ice.

He takes two drinks, “You bring me back to life,” He says before kissing me on the corner on my lips.

Zacky and I walk back into the living room with the drinks and I hand Brian and Payton theirs as they stayed close in touch with the other. I sit back down next to Zacky as he sips on his drink. I enjoy the flavoring of my drink before flicking on the T.V for some background noise. There was enough space between us two groups that we could have our own personal conversations. Every now and then I ‘d hear Payton laugh or Brian chuckle, but I couldn’t make out what the two were doing due to the coffee table being in my way.

“Hey Lee,” Zacky says gently next to me, “Do you want to move in with me to help you out when the baby is born and so you have a good neighborhood to live in and such, I mean, just until you have a place picked out and ready.”

I smile at the green eyed man before kissing him on the corner of his lips this time, “I’d like to do that.”

“You’re truly an amazing woman. This baby will be so lucky.” He says brushing my bangs out of my eyes

I smiled as we continued to talk before we had finished off our drinks and began to slowly all drift off to sleep at our current positions. I wasn’t entirely sure what time it was, but I knew it was late. Zacky and I lay down on the floor bed and I cuddled into his side falling asleep after seeing Payton and Brian sound asleep with him on his stomach and arm draped around her frame while she lay on her side. They looked adorable together I had to admit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
Who likes Brian and Payton together?
--Lindsey Ann