Blossoming Fates

Teach Me

It was Saturday in the late afternoon and I was planning on going by Brian’s house later tonight to talk about the baby and maybe helping him plan out a nursery inside his home. I had to work early this morning, but my mom decided she wanted to see Kylie some and closed early. My mother had really shocked me lately and I knew it wasn’t a bad thing it was just different. Ever since Brian and Zacky entered my life people have changed. I had noticed a distinct changed in my beloved Payton as well except she wasn’t talking about it right now.

I sang along with Matt’s voice from an earlier song as I slip out of my heels and put on my white tennis shoes. I felt like being in a comfortable mood today and opted for tying my hair up in a ponytail and grabbing a plain old band tee shirt and slipping it over my exposed stomach and chest. Pink lip gloss was slid across my lips and I grabbed all my necessities before heading out the door. I had to reply to a message Zack had sent me earlier in the afternoon about maybe hanging out later tonight. I was eager to make the plans with him. I always wanted to see Zacky and he was making it very easy for me to do so.

I climb out of my car after the ten minute drive between my house and Brian’s and I see that there are two cars parked in the driveway. I knew that this must mean Michelle was home too. I hadn’t minded Michelle I just hadn’t seen her in a while and I also didn’t know how to feel towards her due to the developing feelings between Brian and Payton. She’s openly admit to liking the coffee color orbed man but she wouldn’t go any further than flirting with him. She wasn’t a girl who took another woman’s man away.

“You lying son of a bitch!” I hear screaming as I approach the door, “I hate you!”

“Go fuck yourself, Michelle. I’m not seeing anyone else!” I hear Brian yell back

“Whose Payton then and why are you two talking to each other all the time?” Michelle screeches and I decide to knock on the door at that point

An angry Michelle opens the door before storming past me and leaving Brian and I alone. I assumed she was going to Val’s or maybe another friend. I walk into the house shutting the door and see Brian pulling at his hair as he sits on the couch with his face in his hands. I set my purse down and walk over to him hoping to help him. I gently place a hand on his muscular arm and I’m surprised when he lifts his head to see him crying.

I pull him into my arms as he rests his head against my chest as he tries to fighting the tears that fall gently down his face. I run the back of his head trying to soothe him. I hated seeing someone I cared about hurting so much. I hadn’t known that things would get like this between Michelle and Brian. It was true that Brian wasn’t seeing anyone else, but I understood that he may not have the cleanest track record. I was a walking fact at the moment. I felt him begin to relax in my arms as he started talking to me about what had happened between the two.

“I wish I knew how to end things with her Em,” He admits looking at me, “I adore Payton and wish to see her every day all day.”

“She likes you. I hope you’re aware of that.” I say gently to him and he grins widely

“What do I do?” He asks me

“Well, you follow your heart and teach me how to play guitar.” I say causing him to laugh

It was nice knowing Brian was at least a bit happier I could see his eyes weren’t as bright as usual. Michelle was hurting one of my friends and I hadn’t liked it very much. I was hoping things would work out better, but Brian felt as if he needed to stay with Michelle. They’d had been dating on and off for years. It could date back to when they were just teenagers. He claimed that at one point he truly did love Michelle and believed she was the girl he’d spend forever with. Now he wasn’t so sure.

Brian laughed at his antics as well as me portraying him in an exaggerated manner. He offered me a drink and I nodded asking for water. He even added a lemon wedge and I smiled at his thoughtfulness. Brian was still surprising me with every passing day. He helped me up and brought me into what I can assume to be his personal studio. There was a couch and a chair. A desk that had a laptop on it currently and guitars that hung from the wall as well as placed on the floor in their stands. He picked up a pin stripped guitar that said ‘Syn’ on the frets. I looked around the room and saw awards sitting on a shelf as well as tons of photos.

“Come sit down Em and I’ll show you some chords.” He says as he shreds on his guitar showing off.

“Well now I don’t think I want to learn from a showoff like you.” I comment and he only sticks his tongue out.

I sit down and he places the stripped guitar in my lap showing me how to properly strum the guitar before actually teaching me a few chords. I was surprised to hear that he had actually gone to college for about a year for jazz and classical guitar. Brian seemed to be a wide range of surprises. I laughed as he told me about his best friend, Jimmy. Apparently Jimmy and Brian had been in a band before they had Avenged Sevenfold up and going. Brian said the band was called Pinkly Smooth. I laughed when I realized his dog was named pinkly.

I took a sip of my lemon water before Brian took back his guitar and began to play another session of notes and such. I was awestruck by his ability to play so well. Brian smirked at me as I stared at him in amazement. I knew he was cocky but he was getting close beyond that. Brian places his guitar down when the door opens and in steps Michelle. She sighs when her eyes land on me and pulls the door closed rather loudly. I figured it was my time to go regardless of what Brian had said. I told him to make some time to work on a nursery before hugging him and leaving.

“By the way Brian,” I say turning to him, “I expect you to follow that big heart of yours.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe
Do you think Brian should leave Michelle?
--Lindsey Ann