Blossoming Fates

Guests

The small get together was being held at Zacky and my house. I had made mini ham and cheese rolls which Zacky ate as fast as I could place them on the serving platter. Zacky didn’t want any part of my tomato, mozzarella bites. They were simply stacks of tomato, mozzarella, asparagus, basil and olive oil. I thought they were rather delicious. Zacky had helped make a load of enchiladas that would be for our friends. I set out some beers in coolers filled with ice and for myself a huge pitcher of iced tea. Zacky kept placing gentle kisses on my cheek but I couldn’t bring myself to mention the previous evening to him. Fear of him regretting it made me too nervous.

A smile yanked at my already sore cheeks as Payton got up in front of us imitating Brain who babbled on about some show they had played at once before. He had no idea what we were all hysterical over until he turned around seeing Payton with her eyes closed throwing her arms around. He yelped in laughter before throwing her over his shoulder and onto the couch upside down. She pouted before letting out a laugh that caused us all to laugh again. Brian cooed at her and pinched at her reddening cheeks as she continued to swat his hand away.

“They are just too cute together!” Lacey exclaimed in pure delight as she starred at Brian and Payton.

I had to agree with a brief nod, “He should really consider what she could offer him long term.” Zacky commented quietly to Lacey.

“Well what about you two?” She asked tilting her head to the side with a gushing smile, “You two are just about as cute.”

“Yeah, Zacky here is the cheese to my macaroni.” I say giggling as he wiggles his arms while moving
away from us in a sort of noodle fashion I could assume.

Brian helped the dangling body of Payton and tucked her away underneath his strong arms. I could see the gleam in both his and her eyes and wished they’d try to understand the situation at hand. I was pregnant with the help of Brian, who was falling for my best friend, who was pushing me towards Zack, who was not only one of my closest friends, but Brian’s too. It was a sticky mess that I didn’t want to necessarily bring a baby into, but I never had a say in any of this.

I push myself up from the love seat and walk into the kitchen. In my hand was a white paper plate and I walked alongside the table placing various food onto the plate causing it to weight down in my hand. Zacky smiled at me as he leaned against the counter conversing to Matt as they sipped on the beers. Matt waved and I nodded my head before walking over towards them. Zacky quickly grabbed a cup filled it halfway with cubed ice, not crushed, and then with sweet iced tea. Matt looked at him quizzically causing me to chuckle.

“What are you looking at like that?” I ask still laughing at Matt’s face.

“Zacky just knew what you wanted exactly to a T.” He says in disbelief only causing me to further laugh.

“I just know Emmi really well. She means a lot to me.” Zacky admits shrugging his shoulder winking at me.

I plop a small torn off piece of a hot dog into my mouth before rolling my eyes and giving Zacky some as he eyed my food like a hawk. Matt’s eyes widened before he walked away from Zacky and I. Zacky slipped his arms around my waist letting them hang loosely on my hips. I felt my belly press against him and he smiled wide. A small flutter sensation was felt. I toyed with the hem of my white dress as my legs and arms were covered by goose bumps due to the chills Zacky was causing me. His eyes twinkled with laughter as he smiled at me gently. I couldn’t imagine this being a better moment than now.

My eyes were torn away from Zacky’s when a blond came into view from the corner of my eye. She rested her hands on her hips and her foot was facing the screen door placed slightly in front of her. Zacky followed my gaze and that was when I saw a frown present itself. I heard him groan out in dissatisfaction. I was worried this was a bad time and shimmied away from his grasp leaving him and this girl to talk. I saw Brian narrow his usually lively brown eyes towards Zacky. I gave a small smile to people before sitting down on the leather chair and folding my hands onto my lap.

“Who is she?” I hear Payton ask Brain.

“That’s Gena,” He says looking at Payton for a second before shifting his eye towards mine, “She’s Zacky’s on again off again girlfriend.”

“Why is she here?” Val asks Matt and he only shrugs starring at the two who were now talking louder to one another.

Brian walked over to me after excusing himself from Payton who was resting next to him. He was trying to not be so flirtatious with Val present, but otherwise he could care less about what anyone else saw. I knew Val could notice easily the way Brian lit up around my rambunctious blonde friend. And it seemed as though Val herself was accepting the idea of Brian with another girl. I still couldn’t form my own opinion on Michelle, but she wasn’t really a great girl I could assume. She had a reason to mistrust Brian and I understood, but she was just screaming at him over Payton the other evening. Brian approached me and told me to follow him. He and I slipped out the front door and ventured out to his car. He told me to buckle up and just enjoy the ride and the adventure at hand. I only looked at him puzzled before sighing and resting against the seat.

Brain sang along to the radio while I listened to him. He was a good singer, defiantly no M. Shadows, but he was good regardless. I smiled when he came to a stop on the verge of the beach somewhere. I climbed out of the car before meeting Brian on the other side happily.

“Where are we going Brian?” I ask pouting slightly towards the taller man.

“You’ll see Em.” He comments before wrapping his arm around me and leading me towards the beach sand.

“This better be good.” I say playfully warning him
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
Where did Brian take Emilee? You'll find out Monday afternoon.
--Lindsey Ann