Blossoming Fates

Three's a crowd

I was lying in bed humming to myself as I read. I had just gotten home from the doctors since I was now twenty two weeks pregnant. It was nearly October and I was five months, almost six months pregnant. I was going to have to think about a Halloween costume for Zacky’s Halloween party. It was raining outside and it came down harder than earlier today. I smile to myself trying to think about what to do for the day because everyone is busy.

I stand up from the bed and bring my hands high over my head stretching the strained muscles. I tap my chin thinking about what to do when I feel hungry and laugh at the baby’s demand. I head down the stairs and as I do I see Zacky hustle his way through his front door with a red head girl trailing behind me laughing hysterically.

“Oh, hey there, I thought you were at the doctors,” He said to me stumbling over his words.

“I already went today. I just got back actually.” I admit to him suddenly feeling like I shouldn’t be here.

“Oh,” He says looking down at his feet, “This is Ashley,” he finally introduces

“Hello, I’m Emilee, and I’m heading out now.” I explain to them and Zacky’s head shoots up with a saddened look on his face.

I grab my keys and bag from upstairs and I can hear Ashley’s giggle from downstairs and another frown pulls at my lips while I try to hurry up and get the hell out of here. I head out of the house without so much of a protest from Zacky. The sinking feeling in my heart wore me down and I knew that I had to get out of his house sooner because waiting around was going to get me hurt.
I drive up to Brian’s house knowing he’d be home probably doing nothing spectacular yet. I quickly get out of my car and head into the home. I knocked and received almost an instant response before walking into the house seeing Brian sitting on the couch drinking some soda and watching a game. I smile at him and he tells me to come over.

“How is the baby?” He asks me and his eyes light up almost instantly.

“Banana is doing great. Right on track with all the other babies at this age.” I admit smiling happily at him.

“Are you hungry, because I’m starving?” He asks me causing another smile to spread across my face.

“I’ll make us some awesome sandwiches.” I tell him before patting his knee and standing up from the couch.

Brian chuckles at me and stands up along with me as we both head into the kitchen together. I was glad he at least wanted to hang out with me unlike my sudden distant best bud. I place all the different meat on the bread that is smothered in mustard and add a pickle to the sandwich. And moving on to the next before making myself a drink and sitting at the patio table outside.

“What brings you here anyways?” Brian asks me with raised brows

“Zacky had some girl named Ashley over and I didn’t feel welcomed.” I say to him shrugging and Brian shakes his head.

“He needs to watch what mess he gets into.” Brian mumbles and I don’t understand the harsh words.

“Well that’s why I’m here with you eating instead of being at home.” I claim as my eyes drift to stare at the rain that is falling.

“You should consider getting your own place.” Brian comments and I nod my head in agreement, “I could always help you out.” He finishes and he gains my full attention.

“I don’t know, Brian, I couldn’t repay you.” I say to him before taking another bite.

“You don’t need to.” He says laughing gently and I blush at his kindness.

I ponder at the idea as Brian continues to persuade me to take him up on the offer. I wonder what good it’d do if I were to actually take him up on this offer. I hated feeling like I needed people to take care of me, but I was also trying to realize that Brian was not only looking out for my best interest but the babies too which I couldn’t help but to smile about. Brian was making me visualize the home he’d help by me and how it’d be closer to him and that way it could be easier to take care of Banana.

“You’re really a great friend,” I tell him hugging him gently.

“As are you and that is why I’m buying you a place to stay in,” He confirms and I only nod my head with a toothy grin plastered to my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
I love all of the feedback from you guys so what is going to happen when Zacky hears that Emilee is leaving?
--Lindsey Ann