Blossoming Fates

Shine

I yawned harshly as I bring my arms high over my head stretching the stiff muscles. Bones cracked gently causing me to feel relaxed. I shuffle my feet towards the kitchen knowing that I needed some breakfast before heading over to my mother’s home to visit. It was now November eleventh and I had yet to talk to either Brian or Zacky. Payton was even distancing herself from me. I popped the frozen waffles into the toaster not feeling like baking anything this morning.

My arms slide gracefully into my peach and blue sweater’s sleeves. It was a usually cold morning. I enjoyed how loose the sweater was and then I slipped into my light washed denim jeans. My feet were placed inside my simple white keds and my hair was thrown up into a high ponytail. I grabbed my car keys and cellphone before leaving my home turning to lock the door.

The drive to my mother’s house wasn’t a long one and shortly I was walking through the front door,
“Hey you two,” I greet Elizabeth and Kylie who are both watching some reality T.V show.

“Emilee, what are you doing here?” Kylie asks me wearing a puzzled expression.

“Visiting mom,” I state and she nods her head before turning back to the T.V sipping the drink inside her Starbucks cup.

I head back through the hallway that leads into the dining room and kitchen. A few photos catch my attention sadly there the ones I try my hardest to avoid. I see the pictures from Kylie’s surprise party. I smile at her happy face. My eyes land on a picture of my father wearing a simple hat drinking his usual black coffee. I sigh heavily wishing he were here to guide me through life again. I seemed to have lost him far too soon. I still had so much to learn from him.

“Em, sweetie, I’m glad you could come by,” My mother says catching me off guard and places a kiss on my cheek smiling warmly at me.

“Well sure thing mom, you said you needed to see me,” I say and she nods before walking into the dining room.

“I need to talk to you about why you refuse to see Brian or Zacky. They’ve both called here looking for you and I want to know what is wrong?” She asks wearing a small frown.

“I’m just stressed right now.” I mumble rubbing my face wearily.

“I understand sweetie,” My mother says placing a cup of warm milk in front of me before sliding me
the honey and a spoon, “You know I’ve had to face the same challenges.” She says trying to encourage me.

“What do you mean?” I ask her confused.

“You’re aware that your biological father wasn’t the man who raised you. Well your biological father helped conceive you during a one night stand and unlike Brian he wanted nothing to do with me or you. I was good friends with Dylan,” my mother says wearing a smile thinking about my father, “He was madly in love with me and he even adored you. I tried to make things work between me and your real father, but he packed up and left me. I never would’ve given Dylan a chance had it not been for the fact that he made it a point to see me every day and help me raise you.” She explains.

“Sounds a lot like my dilemma,” I murmur drinking back my warm milk, “I know that I don’t want to be with Brian romantically though.” I state.

“Then why aren’t you with Zacky?” She asks me tilting her head gently to her left.

My mouth gaps open shortly stumbling over my words, “How did you know I liked Zacky?” I ask her

“I’ve never seen you ever enjoy yourself the way you do when he is around. He also reminds me very much of Dylan.” She says and I nod my head thinking of my father.

“I guess I have some people to go out and see.” I say and she nods her head smiling at me.

I push away from the table and walk over hugging my mother wanting her to know that I’ve never wondered about my real dad because I had one regardless of blood. I had a dad and that is what was important. I feel her squeeze me tighter than usual and finally after all the years wanting to understand what made my mother so cold towards us I realize it was her own disappointment with herself. I could honestly say that I felt close to my mother and I knew that it wouldn’t change.

I say goodbye hugging Kylie and Elizabeth before heading out of the door and walking towards my car. I had to go see Brian and tell him he needs to go out there and fight for Payton. I hated to medal with their lives, but it had to be done again. I would then go see Zacky and tell him the entire truth about everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
Where do you think this will get Emilee?
--Lindsey Ann