Blossoming Fates

Clean

I pull up to Brian’s home fifteen minutes later and I sit in the car breathing in deeply not knowing how I wanted to address him. I knew that I wanted him to get back with Payton. I just didn’t know how to get them back to that place. I sigh while exiting the car and walk my way up to the front door. I can’t hear anything through the door but once I push it open the air lingers with the scent of booze.

"Brian!" I holler out but shortly stop when seeing a crumpled Brian groaning on the couch.

"Please, don't yell," Brain moans clutching hold of his head which I notice his hair looking greasy and unkept.

"Then get up because Payton is on her way here in a few hours and she won't take you back if you're acting like a drunken slob." I huff at the young man rolling my eye and resting my hands on my hips looking at him.

"She's going to take me back?" He asks wearing a hopeful smile that broke my heart.

"Not exactly, she thinks I'm here to get some things for her and need her help." I explain wincing as I watch his once happy smile diminish.

"So she still hates me?" He asks me taking back another swig of his almost empty bottle.

"You were kissing another girl!" I shout and he groans again.

He frowns at me but reluctantly quiets while sitting back against his couch. I help him off the couch hugging him gently not caring that my large belly rubbed against Brian's firm and fit one. He pulled away smiling and ran off to jump into the shower in order to cleanse himself of the booze stench and dirty grim that hadn't been washed away in day I'm assuming.

I sigh picking up the empty bottles and cans of various types of alcohol. I didn't want to see Brian, the father of my child and one of my closer friends, pass away due to alcohol poisoning. It'd crush me to see him go before he'd seen his baby. I smiled thinking of the joy this baby may bring Brian even if things are sort of chaotic right now.

"Do I smell good?" Brian asks as he reappears with wet hair and a towel wrapped around his waist.

"You smell great, now let's clean this place up." I say encouraging him furthermore before he nodded to go slip into clean clothes.

I walked into his laundry room throwing a load in the washer before tidying up the scattered clothes on the pale blue tile floor underneath my feet. I retreated back to the kitchen seeing Brian wash the dirty dishes in his sink while some were placed in the dishwasher. He turned to smile at me before asking me to straighten up the living room while he'd attempt to finish the kitchen.

I swept, vacuumed, dusted and even rearranged some of his items inside the large caramel colored room which was most likely decorated by Michelle while they were attempting to play house with one another. I sigh knowing that perhaps Brian needed to do more than just act different.

"I think I ought to head to my next stop, Payton will be here shortly, do not screw this up Haner." I tell him hugging him again while smirking at him.

"I won't Em, thank you," He murmurs leaning down and kissing the top of my head gently before whispering softly, "Go see Zacky, he misses you terribly."

"He's with Ashley and I have this baby to think about." I admit shyly rubbing the bump.

"Sometimes it take a while to have fates blossom." He says and I nod my head before turning to leave after placing a kiss on his cheek, "Good luck!" I holler and he winces but only gently before smiling.

I climbed into my car knowing that Brian was right. I did need to go see Zack and tell him I wasn't hurt by what had happened on Halloween and that I was hoping he could see me more than a friend, however when I pulled into his driveway a mere ten minutes later my words were chocked blocking off my airway. I couldn't ruin another relationship today. I didn't have it in me. I'd just call him later and invite him to come by my new home to see me.

"What do you think, Banana?" I ask smiling as the baby moved gently, "You think I need some french fries with a vanilla shake? Mommy agrees too baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
--Lindsey Ann