Blossoming Fates

Truthfully

Zacky had to leave me the other day and we hadn’t talked since then. Ashley said her car had broken down and he took me back home leaving Brian at the hospital. Today I was visiting Brian since I had yet to hear from him in half a week. I walked into Brian’s home since he decided that it’d be best for him to move back since his leg was perfectly healed now. Although his failing nerves in his hand concerned me still I helped gather his things in boxes and shifted his things back into the empty home that he had shared once with Payton. My mom and Kylie had Sophia this afternoon at mom’s place.

I noticed that Brian’s place was eerily quiet until I heard the crashing sound upstairs. I dashed up the staircase glad I decided on my sneakers today and pushed my way into the studio where Brian once taught me how to play minor guitar strings. I saw Brian had tossed his guitar into his wall knocking down a few shelves. My mouth dropped as I watch Brian push his hand through his wall multiple times before I reached out for him. He turned around and faced me with red eyes and tears falling down his face.

“Brian what’s wrong?” I ask wrapping my arms around him and he buries his head in the nook of my neck.

“She doesn’t remember me and it’s my fault. Had I just loved her the way she deserved she’d be here with me.” He sobs and I pull away gently.

“It wasn’t your fault.” I state reassuringly

What happened next shocked me enough to pull away from Brian’s grasp. I felt his lips still barely trembling pushed onto mine but I knew that no matter how connected Brian and I were we’d never be the perfect match. He and Payton were destined for one another and there was nothing anyone could change it. So when I pulled away I knew what I had to say to Brian.

“I love Zacky, Brian,” I murmur admitting my feelings to Brian looking into his brown eyes, “And you will always love Payton no matter her memories. So instead of ruining things and breaking items that surround you, why don’t you go rebuild what was forgotten by her? Go to her now and explain everything. She may remember. She may be fine.” I finish and Brian offers a gentle smile.

“Why aren’t you with Zacky?” He asks me after a few minutes of silence.

“Zacky and I met when I was pregnant with your child, no room for mistakes. Then when I figured out how much I liked him he was moved on to Ashley.” I say shrugging.

“Tell him the truth, and I’ll fix what is wrecked with Payton.” He says no longer teary eyed.

I nod my head chewing on my lip as I stand before Brian considering the outcomes of telling Zacky how I feel. I tried to do that a few times before but nothing good came from the honest truth. Zacky was dating a cute little redhead with no ties to a new baby. I was still adapting to being a mother and Zacky was not ready to become a father no matter how much I liked him. Besides what if we didn’t work, then it’d be weird around Brian. I’d be taking away time from my little girl to date someone that may or may not be around.

However that didn’t prevent my actions as I drove to Zacky’s house once more. Many memories flooded my mind as I drive there. I met Zacky at such a time in my life nearly ten months ago. All the laughs and smiles shared. The fights we had because of differences that maybe steer people from one another. So many fears conquered as well as pride. We were each other’s virtues and somehow or another I needed him to see that too.

But when I pulled into Zacky’s driveway my hands trembled lightly with anxiety. Sweat prickled down my forehead in fear of the various possibilities. He could tell me that he doesn’t feel the same and he only wanted to help me out so many times before because we were friends. I mean maybe I wasn’t supposed to end up with Zacky. But all worries diminished when I brought my fist up to the door and knocked on the large barrio that separated Zacky and me.

“Hey Em,” Zacky greets me with a smile, “What brings you here?” Zacky asks me a few seconds after saying hello.

“Zacky, I love you.” I muster all the courage I had and pushed it into one sentence.

“You love me?” Zacky questions me with a sly smiling spreading across his face.

“I do,” I admit nodding, “I have for a long time and can’t stop. I hate seeing you with Ashley because I want you to be with me. I love you so much it hurts.” I explain taking a deep breath.

Zacky smiles pulling me closer to him while resting his hands on my hips, “I love you too, Emilee. I always will.” He says before placing his lips onto my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe
--Lindsey Ann