Blossoming Fates

Back In Town

I had decided to bring Zacky to meet my family as we were having a family dinner. It’d been a month and a half since me and Zacky met and we were becoming inseparable. Kylie wouldn’t be there for obvious reason and neither would my other sister, Elizabeth. She was still in Palm Springs trying to get rid of her problems before coming back home. I was putting together an outfit when I noticed my boobs were bigger than usual. I only noticed because my tees were becoming quite tight across my chest. I felt my forehead crinkle before realizing my period was probably on the way and that was why they were bigger and sore. My hormones were just out of whack.

I slipped on my peach colored bird printed dress before looping a tan belt around my tiny waist. I had set my hair in curlers and walked over to the bathroom where I began to undo the rollers. My hair fell in curls around my shoulders. I tapped my newly peach painted nails against the tiled countertop while I tried to figure out what color of eye shadow I should put on. I knew this dinner as going to be elegant, but at the same time humble. I searched through my makeup bag before coming across a shimmering gold. I smeared pink lipstick on my plump lips and then swiped some blush onto my cheeks to give me a little extra dose of color. I walked back into my room and slipped my feet into my platform wedges before belting the ankle strap. I stood up from the beige couch in my living room and slipped on a silver tiffany bracelet and a white gold ring with the patterns of hearts. It had been a gift from my father.

I smile widely hearing a knock on my door. Grabbing my white clutch purse I open the door and am face with Zacky who is wearing jeans that aren’t ripped and a long sleeve button up shirt. The sleeves were cuffed but it was hard to see his tattoos as much. He had mentioned getting his hair cut and it looked really great. It was still raven black but it was shorter now in the back as well as in the front except his bangs could still hang in his eyes, but for tonight he gelled it all back and it looked sexy. I licked over my lips before quickly hugging Zack as he gave me a compliment.
Zack and I chose that we would drive in his car while I gave him directions to my mother’s house. I could tell that he was growing nervous as we came closer to my house. He was quickly tapping his fingers against the steering wheel. It was a nervous habit I’d picked up since we’d spent so much time together.

“You know they will like you right?” I ask him raising a brow at him as he gave me a side glance.

“Would you like me if you were your mother?” He asked me seriously and I shake my head laughing.

“Zacky I do like you!” I exclaimed leaning over and poking him in his side as he stopped at a red light.

We laugh and talk the whole ride to my mother’s house. I placed my hand on his bicep gently trying to reassure that everything will go by smoothly. I knock on the door before opening it up and walking in the house. Shutting the door behind Zack I can already hear the chatter between people. A smile spreads across my face as I walk towards the kitchen where I know everyone is sitting. I push the door open revealing Zack to everyone in the kitchen. I hug Grant and Rachel, although I just saw her yesterday at work.

I begin to introduce Zack to my family, he and Ian instantly hit it off which meant Rachel would like him too. Those were my two favorite people of this family dinner, not including Zack. My mom walks into the room and she smiles broadly at us all. I decide to bring it to her attention that Zack is my newest friend. Her mother was a first taken back by Zack’s tattoos and his brute exterior but she surprisingly hugged him and thought he was a complete sweetheart. Grant was a little less accepting, but that was expected. Zack didn’t seem to care too much because I had explained earlier

“So what is it you do again Zack?” Grant asks as we all sit around the table enjoying the salad Rachel prepared.

“I own a graphic design company.” He explains before taking a sip of his water.

“Oh, someone that is interested in modern art!” My mother had been won over by Zack’s charm quickly

He looked over at me smiling huge and it made my heart boom in my chest. I couldn’t believe everyone seemed to like Zack so much. We were all eating the pork roast my mom made when the doorbell rang through the house. My mother wiped her mouth and headed out of the room to the answer the door. We all looked at each other wondering who it might be. I can hear some chatter in the other room, but I’m more interested in whispering to Zack about how good everything is going.

I finally am able to tear my eyes away from Zack and look up at the doorway which is now crowded. I nearly choke on my water as it sputters out of my mouth by the girl now standing next to my mother. I couldn’t believe she was here. She had on platform black plumps and a tight long sleeved black dress. Her platinum blonde hair was pulled high into a bun. She didn’t have any dark circles underneath her eyes the way I had remembered. She wasn’t super skinny anymore. And her green eyes stood bright. She had a diamond pendant necklace on and a metal wrap around ring on. She waved at all of us as a blush began to creep on her face.

“Who is that?” Zack asked next to me

I can only look at him before she answers for me, “I’m Elizabeth, Emilee’s youngest sister, and you are?” She asks walking over to us.

“I’m Zack, Emilee’s friend.” He said before shaking her extended hand.

I could see her eyes trail along him and it made me sick to my stomach. My mother made another spot just for her next to her in between her and Ian. She talked to Zack for the rest of the night keeping his attention the whole time. I broke away from starring at them long enough to make eye contact with Rachel. She looked like she knew what was going on and sighed heavily at the situation I had no way out. I knew it was harmless flirting, but I really liked Zack. Elizabeth knew the only people I introduced to the family, especially guys, were people I was truly interested in.
Elizabeth had been currently at rehab due to her drug and alcohol abuse. She was sent there at sixteen and is now back here once again. She was hardly eighteen and she looked really well, but I wasn’t happy about the fact she had stolen Zack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
Is Elizabeth going to come between Zacky and Emilee?
--Lindsey Ann