Status: I'll start it by the end of the month, I'm sure!

Be With Someone...

Simple.

“Hey Jeanie!” Max sing-songed later that day.

“What do you want, Max?” she groaned.

Max pretended to gasp as he, Jordan, Kris, and Marc-Andre stood in her doorway.

“That is no way to treat a potential patient! What if I’d been injured?”

Janine narrowed her eyes at him. “If you don’t cut to the chase pretty quickly and tell me what’s up, you will be injured.”

Max saw the look on her face and nodded. “Right, well, some of us were headed out to eat. You in?”

“Is Sid coming?” she asked.

Marc shook his head. “No, he is staying back to talk with Dan. It’ll just be us, no one else wanted to go.”

“Alright, well, I’ll need a ride. My car’s in the shop and I drove in with Sidney,” Janine said standing up to gather her things.

“You can ride with me!” Max grinned.

“Hell-fucking-no,” Janine snorted. “I’d much rather not be sexually assaulted, thank you very much.”

“I would never do that to a girl on the first date,” Max said seriously, but his attitude quickly became less so. “Maybe on the second. But never on the first!”

Shaking her head, Janine slipped her coat on. “I’ll ride with Kris, thanks. Or I mean, if he doesn’t mind.”

“Not at all,” Kris assured her.

“Hey!” Jordan and Marc- Andre said together.

“What about us?” asked the goalie.

“Simple,” Janine shrugged. “I like Kris better.”

****

“So you like me better, oui?” Kris smirked as they climbed into his car.

“Is Kris Letang smirking?” Janine gasped. “I didn’t think that was possible. Alert the presses! But yes, Jordan and Flower are… interesting. Their fiancés have to put up with a lot. And Max is… Max. I’m not a fan on ‘Superstar’.” She used air quotes.

“I see,” Kris said as he started the ignition to his BMW.

“Uh,” Janine smiled. “I love this car.”

“I’ll take it you appreciate a luxury vehicle,” Kris laughed.

“Yes!” she laughed along with him. “My car is shit and I’m just hoping it bites the dust so I can buy myself something nice and vintage-y.”

“Vintage-y?”

“Don’t make fun. It’s a word,” Janine crossed her arms and pretended to be upset. “Or at least, it was as of 10 seconds ago.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's short! I just wanted to update!! So, I can't believe I've never posted the link to this. It's for a contest that I'm in and it's surrounding a player I'd never even heard of until this summer during draft and trade season. I'll let you guess as to who it is. I'll put the link below and I would really appreciate it if you would check it out. It's almost complete. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!

Family Is All It Takes- please and thank you, my lovelies! Check it out!