Status: Active:)

How To Get Your Guy

Chapter 5: Rule #2

"Ok so the whole point of making him play hard to get is making him fight for you. Guys love the fight and competition and I know for a fact Beau loves it too." Luke explained walking back and forth while I sat on my bed.

"What if he starts to think that I don't like him anymore though?" 

I was always very curious about this whole playing hard to get thing because it just seemed like it could either really work or really fail. But since Luke is giving me the advice I'll go with it. He is my best friend and I trust him.

"He will never think that! This plan never fails." Luke stated.

I sighed "Ok I'll do it.....how exactly do I play hard to get?"

"Pretend I'm Beau." He comes close to my bed, gets my hand and picks me up. "Hey Kelsey wanna skip 5th period with me?"

I raise an eyebrow not sure what to say. "Ummm no?"

"No, don't say that, you have to be confident with everything you say. Instead say sorry but I'm already skipping with someone else. If he asks you who just say a random guy name."

"Ok got it"

"Let's try this again....Hey Kelsey wanna go to Starbucks after school?"

I thought for a second and said "Sorry already going with someone else".

"Who?"

"Tyler" I stated.

Luke smiled at me "I think you got the hang of it, good job!"

"Oh by the way how did you even get in my room?" I referred to the incident after mine and Beau's date.

He chuckled "It's like you don't know me...I came through the window."

"Of course" I giggled then remembered how two years ago he would always come through my window and keep me company when I was grounded.

"By the way can I stay here for the night? You know I already have a bunch of clothes here."

I rolled my eyes at him "I know you do, why do you want to stay here?"

"I'm grounded."

I shook my head typical Luke whenever he slept over my house he was grounded, usually sneaking out of his bedroom window.

I laughed a little "Why did you get grounded?"

He looked to the ground "Umm I kinda put Jai's head in the toilet but it was an accident! Then my mum caught me".

I started laughing a lot. "How was it an accident"?

"I fell?" He said unsure.

I shook my head not believing him.

Walking to my dresser, I opened the very bottom of my dresser and gave Luke his pajamas. Anyone could tell we are best friends just by looking in my room. All the stuff he leaves behind and the pictures of us together on my wall prove it.

After we both put our pjs on, Luke and I got in my bed and he tangled his feet up in my feet.  

I chuckled. 

"My feet are cold". Luke explained.

Shaking my head a little I responded "I know".

We finally fell into sleep.

-------------------------

When I woke up Luke was snoring with his mouth wide open. 

Aw how cute. Getting up my bed, I grabbed my phone from the top of my dresser and took a picture of him.

I went on Instagram, posted it with the caption saying: 'Luke sleeping like a baby'.

I put my radio very loud then jumped on my bed to wake him up. He took my pillow and put it over his ear. I leaned to him lifted the pillow a little and started singing as loud as possible.

Luke started mumbling then rolled of the bed with one of my pillows going down with him.

Sighing, I knew only one thing would get him up. I went to my kitchen got a glass and filled it with ice cold water.

"Luke, Luke if you don't wake up I will throw cold water on your face" I shook him.

Luke mumbled "I don't believe you."

I smirked, proving him wrong I threw the ice cold water on him.  

He immediately got up, glared at me, went to the bathroom, and slammed the door.

Ladies and gentleman, the world's most annoying and difficult sleeper to wake up.

Sighing, I screamed "I'm leaving without you in 20 minutes."

-------------------------

Surprisingly Luke got all dressed up and was ready to go in 10 minutes. Guys have it easy with no trouble of having to go through hair and makeup every single morning.

When we arrived at school Luke walked me up to my locker.

"Remember what we talked about", he said,"Play hard to get but be careful and don't let it be obvious that you are playing hard to get."

To be honest, I really wasn't sure about all this hard to get stuff still but I'm going through with it.

Luke turned his head to his right then quickly turned his head back to me and whispered in my ear "There's Beau, see you in 2nd hour."

"See ya". I unlocked my locker and started getting my history and math book.
 

"Kelseyyyy" Beau sang out.
I giggled. Wait no. Play hard to get. Play hard to get. Why can't I get that in my mind yet?!

"Beau." I said seriously

He furrowed his eyebrows "What happened"?

My eyes widened. Oh no did I play it out wrong?

"Nothing." I said with a little smile to give him the impression that I wasn't mad or anything.

"Ok then, so since I can't stop thinking about our date. I thought we could hang out again after school maybe dinner this time?"

I really wanted to say yes right then and there. It took all my guts and my might to say no to him. Who could ever say no to that face? That's right.....me.

I turned away from my locker and started walking with Beau following next to me.

"I'm sorry Beau, but I already have plans for after school."

He looked disappointed "Oh who with?"

My eyes widened a little as I started at the floor thinking of a random guys name like Luke told me to do.

"John, he asked me last night to hang out with him."
That was close, good save Kelsey.

"Who's that?"

Quickly making up a story in my head I responded "He plays soccer, but he doesn't go to this school he lives a city over."

"Ok, maybe some other time then, see you later Kels!" Beau said smiling a forced little smile. 

After he left I sighed. Great I just rejected the guy I really like and I have no plans for after school. Luke will be hearing a lot of complaining coming out of me next time I see him. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe, recommend, and comment please!:)