Status: Hopefully a better rewrite (fingers and hearts crossed)

Take This to Your Grave

No one will ever believe the Girl Who Cries Wolf

I was kept home the next day from school, saying I was sick; it was more than true. I was sick to my stomach about seeing Seth; my dad let me stay home and even made me more soup. After he had gone, I went down to the living room like the day before, and covered myself up.

A few hours alone, there came a knock on the door. I got up, checked the peephole and saw Babette. I opened the door, "Hey, what're you doing here?"

"Kate said you were staying home, and I wanted to come see you."

I stepped aside and let Babette in; she had her makeup case with her. I shut the door and followed in into the living room; she exhaled, "I felt terrible about what you told me and what I saw. I know I can't fix how you feel, but I can at least help cover it up."

I stared at Babette with confusion, "What do you mean?"

She held up her makeup bag, "I'm going to cover your bruise. I'll teach you how to cover it up, too."

I didn't refuse her request, her offer, because I needed it. I needed to cover the bruise up. "Follow me." I instructed her.

Babette followed me upstairs to my bedroom. I sat in my desk chair and she got to work. She didn't speak that much, she did ask me about Pete, nothing else.

"After my birthday, I'm going to be with him." I told her. "I mean, if I can."

"You think he's going to be with Leah still or something?" She asked.

"I don't know. Everything about Pete scares me...confused me, really."

"Because he's an idiot." Babette said with a little laugh.

I laughed too, "Yeah...but, he makes me feel so happy."

"I hope you two get on, ya know? I think that maybe he'll stop being an idiot once you two are official."

"Me, too."

The next half hour, Babette finished the makeup and showed me what to do until the bruise went away. I thanked her immensely and then she left. I appreciated her presence and her care more than anything; I needed this; her help and her understanding.


There was still whispers among my dad and Amy; I couldn't hear what they were talking about, but it involved me. I didn't eavesdrop or ask; I didn't want to know. I stood by the stairs and tried to hear but failed miserably. I never bothered to go down, I was too tired to care. Too tired to be asked anything else.

The next morning, I couldn't fake sick anymore, so I had to go to school. I had my dad drop me off; I needed his presence before I went off and faced Seth. My stomach was in the worst waves of sickness.

"How do you feel?" My dad asked after catching me hold my stomach.

"Fine." I murmured. "No, I'm not fine. I'm sick, but I have to go." I said this to keep all of this mess under the rug.

"Are you sure?" He asked worriedly.

"Yes." I replied with a nod. "I'll be fine."

I wouldn't be fine. I would die -I thought. Seth's very notion of knowing what he did to me hurt. It made me want to stab him in the eye.

My dad pulled up at the school, right out front. I leaned over and hugged him, "I love you, dad."

He raised a brow, "I love you, too."

I got out the truck, and looked at the school entry, kids filed in. My legs suddenly became lead. I swallowed, shut the door and managed to move my feet. I shut my head off as I went inside; as soon as I stepped in, there were a few people who glanced my way. I was confused, but shook it off and continued on to my locker.

Before I could even open it, he showed up. He slid right next to me, making the hair on the back of my neck shoot straight up. I shut my eyes, "Get away from me." I spat.

Seth laughed, "Oh, c'mon, Naomi, don't be so cold."

He leaned his face in close to me. I finally lost it and shoved him, "You stay the fuck away from me!"

His feisty demeanor was short lived as he stumbled back. He narrowed his eyes, "You're so cute when you're mad."

My body trembled, "You stay away from me." I warned him. "You'll regret it."

He smiled, "Such a tease."

I flipped him off and walked away. More whispers were spread as I walked off towards my first period to wait. I couldn't stand to be near him, but luck wasn't on my side, not to get rid of Seth. As soon as I saw Jenna by her locker, she looked at me with this look.

That look of surprise and wonder, "Naomi...where you've been?"

"I was sick." I replied; just as I had, Alicia walked over, but she paused. "Hey."

She smirked at me and then scoffed, "We heard about you and Seth. And, Kate told us about Pete."

I was utterly confused and shock, nervous all rolled into one. "W-what?"

Jenna looked around, nervous; Alicia decided to elaborate for me, "Seth told us what you guys did in the gym during lunch the other day."

"Me and Seth did not do anything." I muttered in shock. "What did I supposedly do?"

Alicia kept up the smirk and I was bout ready to smack it off her fucking face. "You should know."

I stepped closer to her, "I obviously don't."

Jenna put her hand between us, "I don't believe it, Naomi. Seth is all talk."

"What did he say?" I asked her.

Again, her eyes darted around, "Forget it, Naomi--"

I stepped back, "Fuck you guys."

I moved down the hall, still gaining stares. My face flushed and I felt sick, even more so than a few minutes before. I thought about skipping school, but I knew they'd call my dad. I built up a brave front and went to my first period. I sat in my seat, watching the clock just above the blackboard; I had hours until I would be back home...

And the hours were a bitch. They crawled by so slowly, and the only sound I heard were harsh whispers. No one said anything that would help me figure out what the hell was going on. I didn't see Kate and I ignored my "friends"; I especially ignored that son of a bitch Seth.

Finally, when lunch came, I waited for Kate by her locker. Once she saw me, she stopped in her tracks. She was avoiding me; do you know how badly that hurt?

"Hey." She said quietly.

"Would you please inform me as to why everyone is laughing and whispering behind my back?" I questioned with my arms crossed.

Kate sighed as she opened her locker, "I...I don't know."

I stepped off of the locker besides from hers, "Don't, Kate. Tell me now."

She sighed again, this big sigh, "Uh...well, Seth said some stuff and I said some stuff--"

"Stop beating around the bush!" I snapped.

Kate shut her eyes a moment, then cleared her throat, "Seth said that you and him did some stuff in the gym and then I told him that you wouldn't because you're like all in love with Pete. And then he said it was true, that he gave you hickies..." She trailed, "I'm sorry, Naomi. I didn't mean to say anything."

I blinked back tears, "He didn't leave any hickies on me."

"Yeah, I know." She shut her locker. "We aren't going to have lunch with them, Naomi. I'm sorry about it, okay? We'll just...find another table, somewhere else to sit."

I ran my hand through my hair, "I hate this place."

Kate put her arm around my shoulders, "It's almost over."

"This is hell."

"I know, Naomi. I know."


The whispers were still following me as the rest of school dragged on. I wasn't in the mood to go to PE; I wanted to go home. As I went on to the gym, I refused to change, sitting it out.

My gym teacher took pity on me, "Alright, Valentino, but don't get in the way."

I didn't reply, I just sat on the bleachers and watched everyone scatter around. I adverted my eyes as Seth looked over at me and smirked. I hated him so much, it made my blood boil to know he was near.

"Hey!" He called to me.

I looked away, "Fuck off."

"That's no way to treat your boyfriend." Eric added with a laugh.

I shot him a glare, "Fuck you too, Eric."

"Will you?" He and Seth laughed.

"In your dreams, asshole. And I never touched you!" I snapped at Seth, "You touched me! That's totally different."

"You were asking for it."

I shot up, "Asking for it? I was asking for it?"

"Yeah." He replied with a laugh.

My body shook with anger; our teacher looked over at us and snapped his fingers; "Valentino, what did I say?"

"He was talking to me!" I shot back.

Seth backed off as soon as our teacher came over. I sat back down, hiding my face, holding in tears. I needed to get away from him, and I didn't know how to. Running away from this was all I could do. I wasn't even sure telling anyone what happened could save me.

When the bell rang, I bolted out the door and into the hall. I strayed away from everyone and headed towards Kate's locker. She was running late and my leg shook with anxiety; and just as you'd expect it, here came Seth.

He was alone, that smug look upon his face, "Why are you always running from me?"

"Go away." I told him. "What you did to me was unforgivable. As a matter of fact," I glared at him, "It didn't happen. You didn't touch me, I'll pretend it never happened because it was the worst thing one boy could do to a girl."

"You liked it." He laughed obnoxiously.

I shook my head, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Seth stepped closer, "You think it's cute, don't you? I can do it again, and I will if you keep acting like you do."

My eyes bore into his, "I'll tell."

"Tell what? How much of a slut you are? I hear you get on with Pete Wentz when daddy isn't around. You lie, and no one ever believes the girl who cried wolf."

"I have proof." I spat at him. "I'll show everyone my neck."

He leaned in, "And what? It's just a bruise, Naomi. I can just say that Pete gave it to you."

Fear shot through me; more tears were already building. Still, I glared into his eyes, "Fuck off, Seth. I'll hurt you worse than you can imagine one person can hurt another. I could kill you." My voice shook, but I spoke with conviction.

Seth didn't falter, he just puckered his lips at me, "We'll see, baby."

I growled, "Stay the hell away from me."

He backed away, "See you later, Naomi."

I swallowed and rubbed my eyes; just a moment later, Kate showed up. She looked at me, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." I sniffled, "Is Pete at your house?"
♠ ♠ ♠
These chapters are getting longer and longer