Status: 4 comments = 1 update

Cosmic Love

"Until I realized that it was you who held me under..."

The wind carried one of the most delightful smell around my body. It surrounded me, it's arms wrapping around me pulling me against it. Caressing my skin; humming into my hair with admiration. Its fingertips tracing patterns on my back lovingly.

The warm sun disappeared, and the wind became frigid, unwelcoming. Natures animals went silent, I couldn't even hear the crickets. Danger was near. The protected grasp I was in set me free. My eyes opened to the once lit up forest replaced with darkness and fog. The sweet smell of sunshine and the ocean had vanished along with my protection.

I'm alone. I'm scared. I've been taunt. I'm food. I'm the game.

My gown contrasted against the darkness of the forest. A beautiful yellow giving me away to everything. There is no way to camouflage myself while wearing this. I'm better off in it than I am bare skinned. At least when they catch me in this, they'll have to eat a layer of fabric.

The forest floor rustled to my left, it's over there. The predator making itself known. My death is waiting for me in the trees. Waiting to see if I'll get up and run, if I'll scream for help, if I cry. It was waiting for me to make the game more fun for it. It wanted a hunt that I was not willing to give.

I slowly sat up, my eyes not once leaving the trees. If I'm going to die, I will die without any regrets. I will not die a coward.

"Here I am. You want me? Come get me."

I let my breaths out steadily. Do not let you fear show Ivy. . .

My nostrils filled with sunshine and the ocean. My protector was here. I'm safe. He'll save me from anything. He sat behind me, his arms pulling me against his body. Tracing those patterns against my collarbone. His touch relaxed my body making me lean into him more.

"Here you are. I wanted you. Now I have you." He purred into my ear as his grip on my body became tighter.

I couldn't move. I had been paralyzed by my own mind. He wasn't my protector, he's my predator. Every attempt at talking I made came out in a whimper. I was incoherent, dumb. How could I possibly trust someone in the forest? I began to panic, my calm demeanor no longer in existence. I was no longer in his lap. My back was to the forest floor, while my predator put his body between my legs.

"Shhh... It'll be quick and painless."

He whispered in my hair as he slowly traced his fingers across my heart. His breath was light and steady compared to my desperate attempt at being calm. His musky scent filling my senses full of nature and the ocean. His body pinning me to the ground in the most arousing way. He was perfection.

He trailed the tip of his nose up my neck until he reached my jaw. He wasn't a normal man, instead of teeth he had canines, and his eyes glowed a light blue. He wasn't normal.

"Shhh..."

A growl escaped from him. He was ready to eat his prey. His eyes watched me, my heart, pulse, nostrils, everything. His body shook against me, his growls coming out hot against my neck. He leaned up on his arms, panting above me. An animal had taken over him, the most beautiful color of black I'd ever seen was above me. His teeth were bared ready to sink into my flesh, ready to feast on me. Those blues eyes were so enticing, I was willing to give myself to the wolf. I wanted him to have me.


"Miss Ivy, please wake. Your father and mother are requesting you to the master chamber as soon as you wake and are dressed. The master wanted me to give you this, he wants you to wear it today. Ivy, wake up or I'll get the water." Mary woke me from my deep slumber.

"Oh! My dear Mary, I had the worst dream ever. Thank you for waking me!"

I hopped out of bed and hugged Mary tightly. Mary has been my only servant ever since I was a child. She, my mother, and father taught me everything I know. Mary is more of a saint instead of a servant. She sees everyone with such compassion and love that the only thing to describe her with is saint.

"Oh Ivy, nightmares are only nightmares. Dreams are the only ones that matter."

Mary walked to my bed and started stripping the sheets. She was right, dreams are the only things that matter. The nightmare was just my mind being crazy. I had the Forbidden Forest on my mind, so of course I was going to dream about it.

"What does father and mother want to speak with me about?" I mumbled to Mary looking at the gorgeous gown my father had bought me. It was the lightest shade of blue and had beautiful stones sewed into it. This dress was for a special occasion. They are planning something.

"I do not know my dear Ivy. I do know that they want you to look beautiful as always." She smiled at me . Her brown eyes were gleaming with affection. "Go, get ready. I'm going to tidy your room up." She shooed me off into the bathroom where I was met with silence.

Mary had already drawn my bath water for me so I stripped down to nothing. I looked into the full length mirror on the wall and examined my body. The girl staring back at me looked like she had a rough night. Her hair went past her shoulders, it's curly and a beautiful color of brown. Her skin was a light tan, beautiful. Her green eyes burned onto a birthmark on her left hip. It was a simple little 'P' looking thing. That birthmark was the only thing that took me out of the running for perfection. My mother has one too, hers is in the same place, but it's in the shape of an 'A'.

I stopped pretending the girl in the mirror wasn't me and got into the bath. The water was warm still and it instantly relaxed my nerves. The dream from last night slowly leaving my mind and curiosity as to what my mother and father and mother wanting filled it. They probably just want to talk about the party. My nineteenth birthday is in a few days, they probably just want to make sure I'm willing to attend it.

I grabbed the bar of soap and scrubbed my body. I would soon know what they want.

*******

I slowly entered the main chamber with the new gown flowing around me. My mother and father sat on their thrones speaking to one another. They looked happy.

"Mother, father." I bowed my head to them before continuing my way to them.

"Ivy." They both said in unison. "We both need to speak to you about your life. You are the princess and we love you, but there are rules we as a family have to follow." My father spoke sternly.

"Have I done something wrong father?" I was taken back by what he was hinting at.

"Of course not dear, I'm sorry for making you think that. One day, you will be queen and you'll need a king to help rule our people. Normally by now, you would of found your husband, but you have not. So, we have decided that if you are not married by your twentieth birthday we will have to arrange a marriage for you. We don't want to do this, but it has come to it." He spoke.

"Excuse me? I do not deserve this. I'm not ready for marriage. I just want to explore my life and options right now. I don't want to have to worry about finding a husband and devoting my love to him. I don't have any love to devote to anyone other than the two of you. Father, I am not sorry for raising my voice at you."

I was raged. It's a silly thing to get upset about, but I was. I am not ready for the next step in my life, I still haven't taken a few. My mother sat on her throne not saying anything. She was staring at the ground. It looked like she felt guilt, good. My father got off of his throne and started walking towards me.

"No, I don't want to hear it."

I turned around and walked to the doors of the chamber. I looked down the corridors and went left. I need to think. I need the land to give me guidance. I need the flowers to give me hope that I will be able to contain my anger towards my father. I don't want to be pressured into doing something I don't want to. That is not me.

I walked through the path that was surrounded by our waters. The fish were swimming around playing tag with each other. I sat on the steps of the fountain that faces towards the forest. The trees were swaying in the wind, they looked so beautiful. The way the sun was hitting the leaves made them stand out. The warm summer breeze brought me the smell of leaves and grass. I could sit in this spot for hours looking at the forest. I am fascinated by its beauty. I would love to go into it and explore the plants and flowers of it. I could find new kinds of medicine to cure different illness's. I would be able to help the people more than I already do.

Maybe if I get married I'll be able to have a protector take me to the forest so I can do what I dream. They'd take me in and show me all of the beauty of it. Maybe being married wouldn't be that bad.

I slowly got up and turned to walk back to the flowers. As I turned the wind brought a familiar smell. The smell of sunshine and the ocean.
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapter titles are lyrics from all the songs on Florence & the Machine's album Lungs. The song used for this chapter was Blinding.
Enjoy. :)