Status: 4 comments = 1 update

Cosmic Love

"Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too. . ."

Everything was so dark, but even in the darkness it was a whole new world. The smells were different, it smelt like freedom and Peter. It was all so beautiful, even in the dark. The way the moon was hitting the trees was so foreign to me. I'd never seen it before, it was magical. All of it was magical, all of what I could see anyways. I'd have to wait till tomorrow to see the rest.

I looked down at Peter, he was smiling. He was truly something. He had his hands and arms wrapped around my legs holding me in place. He didn't have to carry me, but he insisted. It was a full argument, but I lost. I wonder how he knew I was going to come. I wonder how he knew a lot of things.

"Hey, how did you know? How did you know it was me screaming? How did you know it was me out at night?" I rushed everything out of my mouth. It had to be asked.

"Like I said, I can smell curiosity from a mile away." His body vibrated as he spoke. Maybe from laughter or from just speaking. It was a strange feeling to have against my body.

"I want a serious answer."

"I gave you one."

"You didn't answer my other questions. Oh, and why won't you let me walk myself?" I let the irritation coat my voice.

We were just walking forward, he didn't bother answering me. This person, this one person I don't even know, can push my sanity to the limit. Ivy, you don't know him. You don't know who he is, or what meaning he has to the land. He lives in The Forbidden Forest for gods sake. What is wrong with you for trusting him?

I was right, what was wrong with me? "Please answer me." I tightened my grip around his neck.

"Alright, alright," he laughed. "I'll answer you if you loosen up on the chokehold." I did just what he asked and let him continue on, but it was like he was thinking on what to say. "Well, I knew it was you because you're the only one who lives on the back side of the castle. The king and queen live in the front. That's how I knew it was you screaming and out at night. I just had a. . . feeling you'd come tonight." His thumb started drawing little patterns on my ankle.

"Why do you watch me?"

"I was told too, I can't tell you anymore on that. That's all I know myself." He shrugged his shoulders and turned to the right.

"Where are you taking me?" I didn't mean for it to intentionally happen, but fear slipped through and I knew he could hear it.

"My house, it's kind of late to explore right now. Plus you can't see anything, the darkness does no justice to the forest." You could hear the smile in his voice. He loved the forest.

"Is there really anything out here that's dangerous?" I was unsure now. We'd walked through for what seems like forever, and not one thing has bothered us.

"Yes. Everything in this forest is evil, but I won't let anything happen to you. You're safe with me."

Something in his voice made me feel like he was being truthful, like I could trust him if my life depended on it. Maybe it will, maybe it wont. "How long have you lived in the forest? How have you not been killed yet?"

"My whole life. My family works as landscapers at your castle. We don't leave till night, so nobody has ever seen us leave."

"So, you work at my house?" Seriously?

"No, I don't. My family does. I think it's my turn to ask some questions." We were approaching a log type house. It was unusual looking and very home like. "Have you ever worn pants before?"

"Pants? Trousers you mean? No, I'm a lady."

"Plenty of women wear pants. Wear I'm from anyways. Its necessary in the forest. You'll have a pair ready for you tomorrow. What's it like being caged in that castle your whole life?"

How could I answer that? How was I supposed too? That's my home, I never considered it a cage. I suppose he was right though. I had been caged there, they kept me away from the world and its creations. Everything they did, for my protection, was really just keeping me away from life. How could anybody function like that? How could I function like that?

"You don't have to answer that one. You actually don't have to answer any of my questions. I'll figure out for myself. It's pretty late, and I plan on exploring with you tomorrow. So, you should get as much sleep as you can. You can stay in my room."

He put me on the ground gently and started walking up the stairs. I followed behind him so I would know where and what I'd be sleeping in. There were two rooms, one was an open attic type thing where the bed and closet was, and the other was a closed door. It looked very, at home. There were drawings pinned all over the walls, the bed was made, and the floor was clean.

"That," he pointed to the closed door. "Is the restroom, it's the only one I have, so I'll be using it also. That's where you'll sleep." He said as he casually started taking his shirt off.

I could feel my skin going pink and I quickly turned and went into the bathroom. I'd never seen a man that beautifully sculpted before. I've just never seen a man shirtless before. I gasped when he knocked on the door and cracked it a tad bit. He handed in a tunic for me to sleep in. It was black. He left me on my own after saying goodnight and taking my dress from me. I changed in the bathroom and handed it through the crack he had made with the door. He told me he'd keep it safe.

His tunic was big on me, way too big. It was comfortable though, and it smelt just like him. Everything smelt just like him, his bed did the most. My eyelids got heavier with each breath I took, his scent slowly making me drift off to my first night of rest being free.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song used was also used in the actual story title, Cosmic Love.
I see you guys like the 4 comments = 1 update.
Comment, subscribe, do with it what you shall.
BY THE WAY! This was just a filler, to answer some questions and kinda get the bond they have on the roll. The next chapter though.. you guys will love. :)))