Sequel: Road to Nowhere
Status: In Progress... updates are random

The Great Escape

"Shark" Boy Or...

“Holly”

Those girls could be a real pain. I walked over to the guy, and slowly took a seat at the table. It really did feel like high school, whenever I asked my first crush to the junior high dance, but I stuttered real bad back then, and my teeth were to blame. All that was fixed now, thanks to the doctors.

Whenever I sat down, the boy looked up. He had the prettiest eyes I’ve ever seen. They were a bright blue, mixed in with a violet. He blinked a few times when he saw me and I smiled at him, “Hi.”

“Hi,” he said, his voice was deep, and sounded like velvet.

Man, he’s a keeper, Holly, I heard Bailee’s voice in my head. I knew she was listening to our conversation from afar.

Shut up, Bailee, you too, Izzy, I said in my head.

“You enjoying your lunch?” I asked.

His lunch was barely touched, only a few bites from the apple he had. He shrugged, “Not really.”

I swallowed, I couldn’t find anything to talk about really, so I figured I’d pull an Izzy and get straight to the point, “Well, I noticed you sit alone a lot.”

“Oh yeah?” He said, resting his elbows on the table.

He was completely normal. He seemed like a small talker though. I tried to read his thoughts, but then held back, because it felt… wrong, “Well, I was just going to say, we have an open seat at our table if you want to sit there. I’m sure Jason would love to have you over there.”

He looked over my shoulder, and I looked too. Izzy and Bailee were waving away, smiling and trying not to laugh. “Ignore them, they’re always like that,” I said.

“Hm,” He said, his lips pulled to the side, not exactly a smile, but showing emotion, “I’ll pass.”

That reply took me off guard, “Oh, well, okay. Well-”

Real smooth, real smooth, pumpkin, I heard Izzy’s voice, Good thing you got us.

I turned around, and watched the group come over here. Izzy set my tray next to me, “Well, if he doesn’t want to come over there, we’ll just come over here.”

Jason took the seat next to me. Tina and Bailee took the other side next to the guy. “So tell us, big guy, what’s your name?” Izzy asked, taking the milk from his tray.

“The name’s Cam,” he said, barely giving the milk a glance.

“What’s your special to-go gift?” Bailee asked, leaning on the table, continue to eating her salad.

“It’s nothing special,” He said, shrugging.

“Oh, come on, tell us!” Izzy said.

He sighed, “I really can’t explain it.”

“Then show us,” Tina said, “We’d love to see it.”

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to,” I quickly added, seeing the pressure everyone was putting on him.

Izzy put an arm around my shoulder, “Don’t baby him, Holly, come on, if you’re a man you won’t be ashamed to show us.”

“Why bother?” A voice asked behind us.

I turned around, seeing one of the usual jerks, Lloyd, standing, with his arms cross, and smirking, “The guy’s on my team, and he has nothing special to show. He’s just a baby.”

I looked at Cam, whose eyes were dull with little interest. “Oh, you’re just a stupid idiot,” Izzy retorted, “So you can glide down a few stories, but I bet one punch from me and I’ll send you flying.”

The guy just continued to smirk, ignoring Izzy’s threat, “Why don’t you show them, Cammy. Might as well, there’s nothing to lose, aside from a few skin cells-”

Before Lloyd could finish his sentence I saw Cam grabbed his empty metal tray, and with a flick of his wrist, the plate transformed into a sharp weapon. Lloyd dodged out of the way just in time, a little in shock. The weapon came back and landed in his hands softly. The metal bended again, and it changed into the tray it was once before.

He threw it on the table, and sat down, “Satisfied?”

Everyone was breathless. That wasn’t something we were expecting to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoooo!!! Cam! (recently i learnt that 'Cam' was short for 'Cameron'...) Soooo.... thoughts? I like him :) hahaa!!

SUBSCRIBE IF YOU LIKE COOKIES
COMMENT IF YOU LIKE MILK x]
RECOMMEND IF YOU LIKE THEM BOTH ;O!