Status: I am soooo sorry for my atrocious grammer skills!

As The World Goes Down

7

"Guys, the car from the airport is here!" Anna called from the bottom of the stairs.

I looked up at Danny's eyes from my spot on the couch curled into his lap. His arm was wrapped
around my stomach his hand intertwined in my fingers around the back of my hand. His cheek
was resting against the crown of my head while we watched television. When I looked up at him, his eyes held slight worry. I only smiled at him. It was silly of him to worry about me and my simple fear.

When I was younger, my parents and I went on this mini vacation to Disney Land. The entire trip was amazing of course but on the way back were flying and we hit turbulence. My little 6 year old body was set into panic because the night before we were to leave I had watched the episode of lost where there plane goes down on the television in the hotel room. Nothing could calm me down until I fell asleep. Since then I have had this irrational fear of flying.

"Lets go love." He unwrapped himself from me and stood up. I followed his lead, marching through the hall and down the stairs stopping in front of his mother and father. I grabbed a hold of his hand and stood behind him leaning my head on his shoulder kind of hiding from his dads watchful eye.

"We're ready, Tommy is just getting the last of his stuff." Daniel said.

"Okay, as soon as he's down here you shou~," Anna started to say.

"Done." Thomas said coming down the stairs with a dufflel bag over his shoulder. Anna called my name softly, has if talking to a small child. I peered over his shoulder staring wide eyed at the older couple in front of us.

"C'mere love, I want to give you something before you leave." Anna commented. I looked back at Danny's face and he only nodded. He slipped his hand out of mine placing it into his mothers open palm. She pulled me into the kitchen and told me to sit on the stool and wait while she got what she wanted. When she disappeared into the side doorway I looked out the window.

She appeared in front of me again with an eager glint in her eyes. She grabbed my hand and place something cold and solid in my palm. I lifted my eyebrows in confusion and looked down. In my hand sat a beautiful necklace. From the gold chain a loop like circle held another circle pendant but this pendant held a image that was washed out from old age. It was an anchor.

"I can't take this Anna," I whispered staring into her eyes.

"Of course you can. My son is in love with you," I tried to protest but she held her hand up, "This necklace is a family heirloom and now its my turn to pass it down to whoever was to be with my son forever and that's you."

"But I can't."

"And why not?"

"Your son loves me, but not in the way you believe." I looked down at the pendant again.

"He loves you honey, you don't see it but I do." She lifted my chin up. I smiled back at her.

"Now, turn around so I can fix this bad boy on you and then you shall be on your way." I did as asked and turned my back to face her. She clasped the pendant on me and moved my hair to the side of my face. The pendant rested against my collarbone and raised goose bumps on my chest.

We walked back to where the boys stood, talking in hushed voices. I looked back at Anna and she whispered "technicalities" to me under her breath. Danny looked up at me and grinned when he saw us standing there. He held out his hand towards me and I walked to him and took it. He smiled sweetly down at me and I smiled back and rested my head on his bicep with my free hand now curled around his elbow. I heard Anna coo and I blushed. She gave me a knowing look. I shook my head at her and looked back at Danny, who raised his eyebrow in question. I shook my head back at him.

"You guys should be on your way to the airport," Peter says.

"Yes, yes! Of course, Of course." Anna said clapping her hands together. She hugged Tommy and Danny, and then kissed my cheek.

"Go, Go and Daniel!" Anna called, " Keep her safe, I want to see her around more!"