Dormant Senses

There Ain't A Goddamn Man In Me.

'What have I done!?' Alex yelled as his father dragged him by the arm off the couch. He hadn't spoken a word to Alex ever since he came back from wherever he was infesting his presence with. He also didn't even spit a stupid remark at Alex as he dragged his frail body down the stairs and into the basement.
'Wh-what are w-we doing he-here?' Yeah. Nice. Just stutter your heart out Alex. His dad pushed him on the chair that was positioned in the middle of the cold and dark room. He saw his father walk around to the little cabinet in the corner. Alex didn't dare move because hell... Could he really outrun his outraged father? He saw his father approach him again but his hands were not empty. Thick ropes were held tight in both his meaty fists and Alex swallowed hard, eyes never leaving the ropes as his father threw one down to the ground. His father reached over and placed down Alex's arm on the chair, and wrapped the rope tight around it.
'What? What are you doing? Are you insane!' Alex yelled, trying to fight against his father. To no avail, he was tied to the chair; feet included.
'Just let me go! This is so stupid! I didn't fucking do anything!' Alex protested, trying to wriggle his arms out of the death tight ropes.
'Shut the fuck up!' His father finally said. Alex stopped his rant and stared at his dad who was pacing back and forth.His face was reddening with every step he took. Did it honestly matter if Alex tried to plead with his menacing father? It would only anger him further than he was.
'You. You fucking faggot!' Wham! To say Alex was caught off guard was an understatement. He was knocked off his feet along with the chair and fell hard against the concrete ground. His father came and picked him back up. Alex moved his jaw to see if it honestly wasn't misplaced or something horrible like that.
'That fucking faggot friend of yours. I fucking know Alexander.' Alex gulped hard. Know what? Please don't say he knew about Jack and Alex being together... Actually what could be worse than that was if he knew they were pretty damn close in bed.
Alex didn't dare say a single thing as he saw his father turn away from him and just stood there, one hand rubbing his face Alex presumed and another on his hip. He was obviously thinking about what he could do to Alex.
'You fucking slept with him.' He heard his dad chuckle and Alex's eyes widen. No, no, no. He can't possibly know about their relationship. Alex was just dreaming. Yeah, that was it. Alex clenched his eyes shut and opened it again, but this time his father was facing him, his face redder than before. Fuck.
'You're gonna remember who I am Alexander.' that was the last thing his father spoke to him before he blacked out seconds later.

___

Alex awoke a few hours later, still tied up to a chair - a bloody one in fact. Alex tried to move but his body ached practically everywhere. His shirt had been ripped off and his chest had red/purple like marks on there. He couldn't bare staring at it for so long so he looked up again. Thank god for the loosened knots that were supposedly around his arms.
He shrugged out of one hold and untied the other and slowly, but painfully untied his ankles. Did he get up? HE attempted to but failed miserably when his knees and legs gave out simultaneously.
'Fuck' Alex mumbled into the lonely basement. Yeah, he might as well make himself comfortable. He didn't think he could get up from this even if he wanted to.
He sighed into the seat and lightly touched the streaks on his chest. What the fuck were these from? A belt perhaps? No, too skinny. Plus a belt would leave a red mark. These looked more like... burns. It finally hit him that yes, his dad burned him with a hot iron. Alex eyes began to water and tears began to form, threatening to be released. Alex wiped them away before they fell like daggers and made him sob. He heard footsteps upstairs and braced himself for someone else to come down. Unfortunately, he was even terrified of his mother at this point.
'Alex?' he heard that familiar voice he loved so much call out from upstairs. Alex's eyes quickly widened and he knew he had to get up and hide. He didn't want Jack to see him at his weakest even though he's pretty much always at his weakest; this was just his all time low. Alex propped himself up and fell to the ground, his legs giving out once more. He dragged his broken and bruised body out and behind the cabinet his father brought the ropes from. He heard the basement door open and heard hurried footsteps come down.
'Alex? Are you in here? What the fu-' Jack probably saw the bloody chair and ropes.
'Shit Alex! Where are you! Please don't be hurt...' Alex covered his mouth with both his scraped hands and let silent tears fall out as his knees began to come up to his chest. Jack could not see him like this. Ever. He heard Jack run upstairs and call out his name again. Alex removed his hands away from face and licked his dried lips, the silent tears made them saltier than normal. He crawled out towards the outside door of the basement, praying Jack wouldn't hear it when he opened it. Alex saw a nearby shirt and slipped it on, wincing and hissing at the pain his body provided with every move he made.
He opened the door and waited for an unwanted Jack to appear. To his luck, he didn't. He crawled out and was met by stairs. 'Of fucking course. Alex muttered to himself mentally. He closed the door quietly and forced his wobbly legs up. This was gonna be a challenge but he managed through it, collapsing only a few times. He peeked out and found Rian sitting on the hood of his car waiting for Jack. Jack came out seconds later and ran a hand through his hair.
'I don't know where he is Ri. I'm really fucking worried. What if he's hurt?' Alex could hear the desperation in Jack's voice but he wasn't going to approach him like this.
'Jack, I'm sure he's fine. What would make you think he's hurt?'
'I found a bloody chair in the basement.' Jack said through a shaky laugh. Rian's face turned to sympathetic to worried/concerned in a few seconds.
'We seriously need to look some more. You're positive he's not in there?'
'I checked everywhere Ri.' Jack said as he wrapped his long arms around himself. It pained Alex to see his boyfriend so worried but shit, it's probably for the best if he didn't find him like this. In fact, where were his family anyways? Alex shook his head and watched as both boys entered the car and sped off.
Alex got up slowly and crouched to a nearby bush, making sure no one could see his battered body. He limped-walked to the bus station and thankfully, the bus was already coming. He got in, slipping a few coins and sitting all the way in the back, his head thrown back against the head rest. He knew he had to get off at the last stop so it didn't matter if he rested for a bit.

____

'Last stop!' announced the bus driver. Alex woke up quickly and noticed no one on the bus except for him and a pregnant lady. HE bus driver slowly approached the curb and stopped.
'Alright. Have a nice night.' Both the pregnant lady and Alex got off, heading in the same direction. It was getting chilly outside and Alex mentally cursed himself for not getting the jacket right next to the shirt. He shoved his hands in his pocket and limped to the hospital entrance.
'What can I hel- Oh! Get him a wheelchair!' The nurse said as Alex's legs gave underneath him for the hundredth time. Yeah he was getting sick of it too. They wheeled him over to the rooms and practically ripped his shirt open and everyone gasped in unison.
'Burn Unit stat!' the doctor announced. Alex wasn't even gonna argue like he normally did. Instead he let them roll his bed out the white room and into the Burn Unit where they would for sure cure these nasty burns.

___

Five hours later and he was finally out the Burn Unit and into a regular room but under watch. Like he would actually try to kill himself and than bring himself to the hospital if he was second-guessing himself. Alex rolled his eyes at the patrol who was standing right outside his room. Fortunate for him, he was eighteen and didn't need a parent there or to sign him out. There was a soft knock on the door and Alex looked up to find the doctor standing there.
'Hi Alexander. I'm Doctor Karina and this is my nurse Michael.' Alex hadn't noticed the scrawny guy until Karina pointed him out.
'I'm here to ask you some questions if you don't mind.' Alex shrugged but instantly regretted it because a searing pain shot right through him and set on his shoulders. He leaned his head against the pillow and felt the bed dip down a little. He peeked a glance and saw his doctor smiling at him.
'Okay, let's begin. What made you come in here today?' Alex didn't feel like talking so he just pointed to his chest.
'Right, your burns.' He could hear scribbling and knew Michael was writing down everything.
'How did you get the scars?' Alex shrugged again and welcomed the pain it caused because it numbed him for a bit. He needed numbness right about now and he was welcoming it like a needed friend.
'You don't know?' Alex simply nodded and he heard his doctor sigh.
'If I knew, I would tell you but I don't.' Alex said barely above a whisper but his doctor heard and looked at him curiously.
'So what you're saying is, you don't know who did this to you?' Alex shook his head no and his doctor got up, the bed lifting to it's normal weight again.
'Well thank you Alexander. I'll be back in a few to give you your medication.' Alex nodded and out she walked with Michael trailing behind. He knew they were talking about what he just said but he honestly didn't care. In fact all he wanted to do was sleep. And by god will he sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just don't hate me as much?