Status: Updating as often as I can

Meet Me at the Telephone

See you soon

Image


Miranda stood against the glass display case, slowly sipping on her caramel macchiato, as she watched the five boys sleep soundly. She looked over her shoulder at the clock behind her and saw that it was close to six in the morning. She had woken up around two am after having a nightmare of her parents. She struggled going back to sleep and decided that she would get an early start with the baking that needed to be done. Having finished with the baking and making frosting for the cupcakes that she was planning on selling today. She also went ahead and made butter for muffins, putting five aside for the boys.

As she watched them she instantly regretted in having to wake them up. She wanted to make sure they ate before they left this morning. She also wanted to get them up and out early enough so that they had time to get back home before the morning rush started and they would get recognized. She remembered what Louis told her last night as they had switched from sitting faced to face to laying down on the bed.

”So when do you think you guys should leave in the morning?” Miranda had asked as she listened to the rain outside.

She heard Louis sigh, “I want to say never but I know before eight so that we can get back to our flats before morning rush. If you’re awake before anyone else, wake Liam up first so that he can help getting the rest of us u.”


Miranda turned around so that she could place her coffee mug on the counter and grabbed one of the mugs of tea’s that she had made for the boys before walking quietly over towards a sleeping Liam. She got down on her knee’s and sat back on her heels as she wondered on what was going to be the easiest way on getting him up. She figured that she would rub his arm and call out his name softly since that was how she was able to get her dad up in the morning.

She placed her hand softly on Liam’s forearm and leaned closer to his face, “Liam you need to wake up.” She said softly. She watched as his eye lids flutter before they slowly opened and he looked up at her.
He instantly closed them, “Good morning Miranda. Did you sleep well?”

Miranda nodded her head, “I’ve been awake since three.”

Liam looked at her funny, “What time is it now?”

Miranda looked over at the clock before looking at Liam and smiled. Waking him up was easier than she thought. She sat back on her heels and watched as he sat up, rubbing his eyes before handing him the tea, “It just turned six am. Louis told me to wake you up first before waking any of the other guys.”

Liam nodded his head as he took a sip of the tea. He wouldn’t be lying when he wished that he could have been a sleep a little longer but thanked Miranda mentally for waking him up as early as she did. “I’ll go ahead in wake up the rest of the lads so that you don’t have to.”

Miranda wasn’t having any of it and told him that she will wake up Louis and Niall while he got Zayn and Harry. She took Liam’s tea from him so that he could stand up and stretch before handing it back to him. He thanked her for the tea as he walked over to Harry and Zayn and trying to wake them up. Miranda walked over to Niall and repeated the same thing she did to Liam only Niall was a little bit harder to wake up. It took her a few tries before she saw Niall open his blue eyes.

She smiled at him, “I’m sorry for waking you up. I have tea and muffins prepared for you guys.”

Niall nodded his head as he stretched his arms over his head. She stood up and held out her hand for him to accept so she could help him up. Niall accepted it and stood up. She walked over to the counter and grabbed a plate that had a muffin and butter on it then grabbed a mug of tea. She walked back over to Niall and handed him the breakfast. He thanked her before walking over to a table and sitting down. Miranda turned to Liam and saw that he was pulling a sleeping Zayn out from under the blanket while Harry stood next to him snickering. She laughed as she heard profanities come from Zayn’s, “Harry, Liam. There’s plates that have muffins and butter on them for you guys and there’s tea in the mugs Harry.”

Harry smiled as he walked around Liam and Zayn, “Thanks love.”

Miranda nodded her head, “Your welcome.” She walked back over to where Louis was still asleep. Not wanting to show the other boys that her and Louis had gotten to know each other a little bit more she rubbed his arm that was thrown over his pillow. “Louis you need to wake up now.” She said softly.

“Now why couldn’t Miranda wake me up?! At least she is nice about it!” She heard Zayn whine from a table behind her.

“Because your harder to wake up.” She heard Liam reply.
Her attention was brought back to the sleeping boy next to her when she felt movement under her hand. She saw that Louis was still asleep, only now was clutching her hand. “Louis wake up your tea is getting cold.”

“I’m getting up.” He mumbled as he moved his arms and turned over onto his back.

Miranda stood up and walked back over to her mug. She turned around just as Louis stood up and walked over to where the food was placed. She noticed that he was still partially asleep because his steps were uneven and he was sluggish.

Liam laughed as he walked up to her and placed his plate down, “Louis can be difficult to wake up. Not as difficult when we have to wake up Zayn.”

Miranda chuckled, “Is he sleep walking?” She asked while laughing softly as Louis walked to a table without his plate of food.

Liam’s eyes followed his fellow band mate, Hey BooBear your sleep walking again.” He called out.

Louis turned to sit down and missed the chair that was sticking out by a few inches. Harry jumped up from his spot and rushed over to Louis who laid down on the ground and started snoring. Liam laughed as he grabbed Louis plate and walked over to the sleeping boy. Liam kneeled down next to Louis face and grabbed the muffin off of the plate, putting the muffin up to Louis nose, “If you don’t wake up, you wont get to eat this delicious muffin Miranda made.” Liam coaxed to Louis.

With his eyes closed Louis snatched the muffin from Liam, “Touch my muffin and you will die a painful death.” He warned.

Liam laughed as he put his hands up in surrender and stood up, “Get up it’s almost seven and we need to clean up our mess before leaving.”

Louis grumbled as he stood up and pulled the chair up to the table. He sat down and started eating as Miranda walked over to him with his Yorkshire tea, steam coming up from the mug. “You guys don’t have to do that. I can take care of everything before opening the shop at nine.”

Zayn shook his head as he walked past her with his empty mug and plate, “Nonsense. Niall and I are finished so we will start cleaning up the beds and blankets.”

Miranda smiled at Zayn, “Thank you. Folding the mattress is not that hard, you just have to fold it into squares.”

Zayn nodded his head and walked into the kitchen to place his plate down in the sink. He turned the water on, washed out his mug and rinsed using soap and once that was done he placed it on the drying rack that was placed next to the sink. As he turned around he had a mini heart attack because Niall was standing behind him with a smirk across his lips, “Don’t do that mate. Gave me a heart attack.” Zayn breathed out as he put a hand over his beating heart.

Niall laughed as he started to repeat Zayns actions with his dishes, “So what do you think of Miranda? She nice and an amazing cook!”

Zayn nodded his head, “She’s also beautiful don’t forget that.”

Niall looked at Zayn as he placed his dishes on the rack, “That is true. Do you think she has a boy friend?”

Zayn shook his head, “I don’t think so. At least I hope she doesn’t.”

Niall gave Zayn a funny look, “You have a girlfriend mate.”

Zayn looked at Niall like he was insane, “I wha- Oh Perrie.”

Niall patted Zayn on his shoulder before walking out of the kitchen and seeing Harry and Liam folding up a mattress and putting it in the box while Louis folded up the blankets. Zayn and Niall immediately went to work on cleaning up the mess of beds and blankets. Miranda picked up the dishes and went into the kitchen to wash them while Liam pulled down the tables and started to arrange the tables into the way they were when the boys first got there.

As Zayn was cleaning, he couldn’t get over the fact that he forgot about Perrie. The girl who he has been dating for quite sometime now; The girl he was madly in love with. Zayn also couldn’t get over the fact that one girl who he had met not even twelve hours ago was making such a huge impact. Maybe huge was an understatement but that was how he truly felt.

Zayn wasn’t the only boy in the group to think that way. Louis was in a dilemma with himself after the time he spent with Miranda last night. Talking to her came easier than what he had expected. He honestly felt like he was just a regular teenage boy who was spending the night with his female best friend. He forgot about being in a famous international boy band. He forgot about his girlfriend of almost a year. He just felt normal talking to Miranda and that scared him. Louis would be lying if he said that he was disappointed in waking up without her in his arms. He knew that during the night, around two, he had woken up and noticed that he right arm was placed over Miranda’s small waist. He didn’t want to move his arm but he did anyways because he didn’t want her to wake up and freak out.

Liam finished placing the last chair down in it’s rightful spot and turned to the boys, “I guess that’s it.” He noticed his band mates with sad expressions. “What’s wrong?” He asked confused.

Harry sighed, “I don’t want to leave.”

Niall nodded his head in agreement, “I don’t want to either. She’s the first girl who made me feel normal even if she saved us from fans.”

Liam nodded his head. He to would be lying if he said he didn’t feel anything when he was in the kitchen with Miranda last night. But he was respectful to Danielle so he pushed those feelings to the back of his head, “I highly doubt that this is the last time we will see each other guys.”

“Liam’s right. I wrote down my information for you guys because I as well don’t want you guys to leave. You’re my first friends here and I would like to see you guys another time whether together or alone.” They heard Miranda speak.

Miranda walked up to each one of the boys and handed them a business card with her address and phone number on it. Each boy took out his wallet and placed the card somewhere.

Louis looked up from his card with a small smile. After reading what was written on his card he wondered if any of his other band mates got a little sentence. By the looks of their face, none had but they could just be using their media training and hiding their true feelings. Not wanting to ask about what she wrote, he put the card into his wallet behind his credit card so that he would always see it when he used his card.

Miranda walked to a table where she had put sweets in brown bags, “These are for you.” She help up one of the bags which caused a squeal out of Niall.

She laughed as Niall ran up to her and wrapped his strong arms around her small frame, lifting her up, “Thank you! Thank you!”

After she was put down she looked at the rest, “Now you guys need to hurry because it’s about five till eight.”

The four remaining boys of one direction each grabbed a bag and thanked her by giving her a hug. As they stood by the door they waved one last time to Miranda before walking out.

After they left Miranda thought about what she had written on Niall’s, Liam’s, Zayn’s, and Louis card. She didn’t regret it, not one bit. She was just curious as to what they thought. She did see Louis stare at his card a little longer but she didn’t put much thought into it.

The hour went by fast before she had to open the door to her shop. She was able to put out the cupcakes, cakes, muffins, scones, cookies, and fudge just before she had to open the doors. She also had started pots of coffee and kept the cappuccino maker on incase anyone didn’t want to wait at the Starbucks around the corner. She was pretty busy after she pulled up the blinds and opened the door. Some regulars came in and some new people came in.

Miranda’s regular customers always complemented on her baking and being the modest person she was she just said thank you and offered them a cup of either tea or coffee.

It wasn’t long before her sister Candace walked in carrying a duffle bag full of what Miranda hoped was a change of clothes for her.

Miranda walked up to her sister who was wearing a blue tank top that had “love” on it with dark shorts, our matching key necklace that our parents had given us as a graduation gift, and a matching pair of toms. “Good Morning Candace. How was your night?” Miranda asked as she gave her twin sister a hug.

Candace smiled, “It was decent. We are in an argument and I’m not sure what to do.”

Miranda frowned, “We will talk about it at Lunch.” Candace nodded and pointed to where she had placed the duffle bag and shooed Miranda away to get changed. Miranda opened the bag and saw a yellow dress with birds on it and a tan belt. She also saw a matching pair of shoes and headband. Miranda took the bag into the bathroom and quickly changed into her outfit. Quickly brushing her teeth and using mouth wash. She then put her dirty clothes into the bag and then placed the bag under a prep table next to her purse.

Candace smiled as her sister walked back out and behind the display case, “You look adorable sissy.”

“Thank you Candace. Hi welcome what can I get for you?” Miranda asked a guest who was standing on the other side of the display case.

After the sisters took care of the guest Candace turned to Miranda and smiled, “So how was One Direction last night?” Candace whispered.

Miranda grinned remembering the five boys who were slowly changed her life and she had no clue, “It was fun.”

Candace smiled again, “Well I guess we both have stuff to talk about then huh.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So my sister bugged me into getting this chapter out. Let me know what you think!

comment/subscribe/recommend