Status: Updating as often as I can

Meet Me at the Telephone

Teenage Dream

Image


Miranda and Candace had agreed to close down the bakery for an hour around one because they both knew that the lunch rush would be over and they would be able to relax in peace during that hour. It was a long four hours to say the least. Almost all of the treats that the girls were selling were almost gone and Miranda highly considered in closing the shop early that night because she was beyond exhausted. Having gotten no sleep at all last night, she was surprised that she was nice today.

When one finally had rolled around Candace walked over to the door after the last customer walked out and turned the “went to lunch” sign on. She locked the door and pulled down the blind. Candace then walked over to the windows and repeated the same action with the bay windows. Once she was done she walked over to a near by table and slumped into the seat, placing her head on the table and letting out a loud sigh. “Today was so busy! I can honestly say that today was one of the most busiest day’s we’ve had since opening five months ago.” Candace whined.

Miranda pulled a wet rag out from sanitary bucket against the wall and started to wipe down the counters, “I agree. I’ll be finished in a minute then we can eat.” She informed her sister.

Candace slowly got up and went into the kitchen to retrieve their salads that she had ordered an hour and half ago to be delivered to the bakery, “Don’t forget we still need to talk!” Candace called out over her shoulder.

“I didn’t.” Miranda dropped the rag back into the bucket and pulled her apron over her head and hung it on the kitchen door. Candace stood in front of her, holding out her salad and bottle of water for her. “Thanks” Miranda said as she took the salad from her sister’s outstretched hand and walked towards a table. She sat her food and water down before pulling out her chair and sat down. She sighed once she sat down because she wasn’t going to be on her feet for a full hour and she wanted to take advantage of not having to stand up.
Candace placed her salad and tea across from Miranda and sat down. She opened the lid, grabbing her fork, and taking a quick bite, “That is so good.” She laughed after she smiled.

“Why do you get the same salad every time?” Miranda asked as she took a small bite of her Chinese salad.

Candace gave her twin a funny look, “Why do you like Chinese salads so much?”

“Because it’s delicious and sweet. Answer my question.” Miranda stated as she mixed her salad

“Because it’s good!” Candace laughed before getting serious. Miranda looked up and saw her sister’s expression, clearly knowing what was coming next. “So.”

“So.” Miranda stared at her sister.

Candace smiled as she placed her elbows on the table, combining her hands together, she placed her chin on her knuckles, “What was it like to be in here with One Direction last night? What was Zayn like?”

Miranda laughed, “It was actually pretty normal. The boy’s act completely opposite of what we thought musicians acted. I um-I forgot who they were when I helped them escape from the girls though.”

Candace laughed her signature laugh, “I know! I was laughing so hard when you were clueless on the phone last night. Their faces are on every teeny bopper magazines in the stores.”

“I know I know. Are you going to tell me what you wanted to talk about?” Miranda asked her sister before taking a bite out of her salad.

Candace dropped her fork and sighed while running her hands through her blonde hair, “It’s about Will and I.” She paused “I didn’t stay at Will’s last night like I said”

Miranda was confused. Why would her sister lie to her? “Where were you then?” She asked softly, afraid of what the answer might be.

Candace looked down at her food, “I was at home.” Miranda was relived. “William never came to pick me up for the date last night. I waited for a half hour and nothing happened. No doorbell rang. No phone call came. I called him and there was no answer so I grabbed my purse and drove to his flat thinking that he just over slept. When I got there it wasn’t what I was expecting. William was walking out of his house with a brunette beauty. His arm was wrapped around her waist and she was kissing him. They had just walked onto the sidewalk when William lifted his head and froze in his tracks. He called out to me and I told him to shove it. The brunette must have been dumb because she asked him why his sister was there.” Candace took a breath before continuing, “I looked at her and said “Hunny you must be really daft to think that I’m his sister. I was his girlfriend before he walked out here with you.” I turned around and got back into the car as William called after me. I’m surprised I didn’t cry.”

Miranda stood up and walked over to her sister. She wrapped her arms around her sister’s shoulders, “I’m sorry that happened Candy. I know you really liked him.”

Candace laughed softly, “Thanks Miranda but everything will be okay. I have an amazing sister to look after and we have a business to run together.”

Miranda’s heart broke for her sister. She knew that Candace was hurting and that she didn’t like showing her weakness. She also knew that Candace must have cried last night while Miranda was at the bakery with the boys. “You said “daft” Candy.” Miranda laughed, “Your already picking up on the British slang.”

Candace rolled her eyes as she picked up her trash, “So what. I really love the accent here! It’s much more proper than our boring American accent.”

Miranda picked up her own trash and walked back into the kitchen to pull out more desserts for the afternoon rush. “You’ve always been a fan of accents. You were even obsessed with the southern accents when we went and visited Georgia a few years ago.”

“Anyways,” Candace put on her apron before she grabbed a tray of chocolate vegan cupcakes “When are you going to see One Direction again?”

“I don’t know. I gave them each a bag of treats and my business card. It’ll be okay if I don’t see them anytime soon. Niall is just a cutie though.” Miranda gushed as she placed a platter of chocolate chip cookies in the display case.

Candace turned to her sister placing a hand on the counter, “How was Zayn? Was he dreamy?”

“Candy you already asked me something similar.” Miranda stated.

“Well you never answered it! Now answer it.” Candace whined.

“I didn’t talk to him as much as I talked to Louis. He’s very mysterious but when we did speak, he is a sweetheart.” Miranda told her sister.

Candace sighed, a dreamy look taking over her face, “I hope I will be able to meet them soon. Maybe when I do, Zayn and I will fall in love at first sight then run off into the horizon.”

Miranda rolled her eyes at her sister’s love for romance that was only written in novels, “Let’s get the rest of the trays out before people start coming.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to say that I am sorry for the lack of updating. My mom uses my Mac and I wasn't allowed to write. I also, know that this is shorter than the first two chapters. That's because it just has Candace and Miranda in it. The next chapter will have both the boys and sisters in it and it'll be pretty funny. So stay tuned!

Thank you dreameratheart, Bluecaty15, gabyvu58CHfan, Alexandias Nitemare, and sportsfanatic19 for either your comment or recommend.

Just knowing that there are people who like this story means a lot.