Status: Updating as often as I can

Meet Me at the Telephone

Relax

Image

“Mix the eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla together.”

“By hand?”

Miranda blinked and stared at the tall shaved haired boy in front of her, “You’re joking right?”

“I meant do you want me to mix everything that is in the bowl using a spoon?”

“No because you’re afraid of spoons so you’re going to use the mixer instead.” Miranda replied while walking to pick up one of her kitchen aid mixers and walking back over to where Liam was standing with the ingredients.

Liam smiled in thanks and started to put the correct amount of ingredients in the bowl. “Thank you for helping me make Danielle cupcakes.”

Miranda smiled, “Not a problem. I’m actually surprised that you asked me and not Harry.” She admitted.

Liam nodded his head and chuckled as he attached the whisk to the mixer and turned it on. He kept his eyes on the bowl to make sure that nothing spilled out, “He was busy sleeping so I didn’t want to bother him and besides I wanted to learn from a professional as well as talk to you a bit more.”

Miranda smiled as she pulled out the cake flour, baking soda, and other dry ingredients as well as a bigger bowl to shift the dry ingredients together. “I’ll watch that while you measure out the dry ingredients and shift them together into this bowl.” Miranda picked up the bowl and showed Liam before setting it back down.

Liam looked into the mixer one more time before following Miranda’s instructions. Miranda grabbed the spatula that was sitting next to the mixer and scrapped the sides where some of the ingredients collected. She allowed the mixer to mix a few more times before turning it off. Once she took the bowl off the mixer and put the paddle into the sink she turned towards Liam to see if he was done. “Once your done with that I want you to gradually mix in the dry ingredients with the wet and mix counter clockwise until it is all mixed together.”

Liam blinked in confusion, “Uh, okay pour a little bit in and mix counter clock wise. Got it”

Miranda smiled, “Correct, I’m going to go and start the oven and grab the stuff to make the frosting. What color do you want the frosting to be?”

Liam shrugged his should, “Doesn’t matter. Plain is fine.”

Miranda walked over to her ovens and turned on, putting the temperature to 325 degrees. She then walked over to her walk in fridge and grabbed the items that she would need for the frosting. Once she was done with that she walked back over to where Liam was and placed everything onto the counter. When she looked over at Liam she saw that he was done with mixing everything together. “Okay now you are going to scoope the batter into the baking tins about 3/4ths of the way so that when it rises, the top of the cupcake will be flat and wont have a hill. Once that is done we put the cupcakes into the oven to bake for 20 minutes.”

“Sounds pretty simple to me.” Liam stated

Miranda allowed Liam to go and fill the cupcake tins while she started the frosting. As soon as the cupcakes were done, the frosting was made and put into a piping bag with a rose tip at the end. “If you do a small glob in the circle of the cupcake and do a three quarter circle, you will get an even amount of frosting on all of the cupcakes.” Miranda paused, “Actually just ice them how ever you want Liam. I’m sure Danielle will like them no matter what.”

Liam smirked as he grabbed the icing bag from Miranda’s hands. “Thank You again for helping me make these. So how is everything with Louis?”

Miranda stalled for a second, shocked at hearing Liam wanting to gossip almost. “It’s good. He’s such a sweetheart.”

Liam stopped and looked at her like she grew three heads, “We are talking about the same Tominson right? My band mate. The trouble maker of the band. The one who alwa-“

“Yes were talking about the same person.” Miranda said laughing “He really is not the bad with me.”

“What the hell did you do?!”

“I did nothing! He really is a sweetheart!” Miranda said laughing.

Liam shook his head and turned back around, “I still don’t believe you.”

“Don’t believe who?” Liam and Miranda looked up to the doorway to see Zayn standing there in dark jeans, a white long sleeved OBEY shirt, and black docs.

“Ah someone who will agree with me.” Liam smirked at Miranda causing her to playfully roll her eyes. “Miranda here was telling me that our dear Louis is a sweetheart and not the pain in the arse that we know.”

“I believe her.” Zayn said as he walked over towards the regular white fridge that was across from where he was standing and opened it to grab a bottle of Hawaiian water and a yogurt cup.

Miranda just laughed at his actions. It was becoming almost an everyday thing for one of the boys or two, or three, or even all five to show up at her shop unannounced and just get whatever they felt like. Miranda also learned to make sure to have tons of extra cookies in a togo box whenever Niall came.

“You have got to be joking me.” Liam directed towards Zayn who pulled a chair out from the supply closet and turned it around before sitting down.

“Nope. No joking here.” Zayn smirked as he twisted the cap off the water bottle. “So what are you two up to?”

Miranda walked over to the fridge and pulled two water bottles out, “Liam wanted to make cupcakes for Danielle and he asked if I could help him.”

Zayn opened his mouth to speak but Liam cut him off “Shut it Malik.”

“I wasn’t going to say anything!” Zayn laughed.

Liam turned around, now finished decorating the cupcakes, “Who’s leg are you trying to pull here? You were just with Harry for a few phone interviews and we all know who dirty his mind is.”

“Fine you caught me. Are you guy’s finished I’m hungry.” Zayn whined.

Miranda looked at Zayn with a soft expression, “Did they not feed you?”

“Harry wanted to hurry up and finish so he could go a see a certain twin” Zayn replied before taking a bite from the yogurt cup.

Miranda blinked, “Please tell me you guys know more than one set of twins.”

“We do but he wanted to see a specific one and she looks like you.” Zayn stated.

Miranda sighed, “Someone is about to loose his manhood”

Zayn started choking and Liam went over and started to pat his back, “What do you mean? Are you okay Zayn?”

Zayn held a thumbs up, “My sister is not a fan of Harry. This isn’t the first time he’s tried hitting on her.”

The two band members made an “O” in surprise. “Maybe he will learn this time.” Liam sighed as he walked over and grabbed a cupcake box and started to place the cupcakes in. Once he was done he started to clean up the rest of the mess and help wash the dishes. Once him and Miranda were done with the dishes the two of them placed the dishes on the drying rack and took of their aprons.

“Thank you again Miranda for helping me make these, “ Liam tapped the box “I wish I could go get something to eat but Danielle is waiting.”

“Have fun!” Miranda called after Liam before turning to Zayn “What are you hungry for?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“When you said you wanted to be lazy I honestly thought you were joking but I’m glad your not.” Miranda stated as she sat on the couch cross-legged in soccer pants and NASCAR tee-shirt, eating take out while Fast and the Furious was playing on the television.

“I like to go out sometimes but recently I’ve just been wanting to stay in.” Zayn replied as his eyes stayed glued to the movie.

“Where is Perrie if you don’t mind me asking?” Miranda to had her eyes glued to the TV.

Zayn swallowed his bite, “She’s on a small tour for a few weeks. She said hello though, I texted her and told her I was hanging out with you. She also informed me that I couldn’t have any sweets while she was gone because it would make her jealous that she cant have any while she’s away. Seriously, that woman is addicted to your baking, it’s mad.”

Miranda smiled, “I’ll keep in mind to have something special for when she gets home.”

“Speaking of significant other, where’s Tommo?” Zayn asked, turning to look at her.

Miranda blinked, “I really don’t know. He said he was busy today and that’s okay.” She smiled at him and took another bite.

Zayn nodded his head and didn’t say anything else. He turned his attention towards the television set and focused on what was on. Miranda wasn’t going to lie, she did wonder where Louis was but she also wouldn’t let that get to her. She also wasn’t going to lie about staying in with Zayn for the evening, it was relaxing and just what she needed after a long week of baking non stop for customers who were having parties, sending someone something sweet, or just ordering a lot in general.

Miranda poked Zayn in his side to get his attention. Once she had it she smiled, “Thank you for recommending this, its relaxing.”

Zayn nodded his head, “I agree and its just what we both needed.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sorry for the long long long time since updating.

Comment/Subscribe?

And im sorry its short..