Status: Whenever I feel inspired so sorry if it doesn't get updated often.

Disgrace

New Information

My mind was racing as we approached the castle. I couldn’t figure out why the man told me that. What is the castle hiding? Or are they hiding something? Or maybe he knows that I’m a Schande? Before I knew it, I was in the courtyard of the castle. A young guard came up to me. “Miss, if you will follow me, I will show you to your rooms here at the castle.” I nodded my head, not quite sure what to say to him.

As we were walking, I started to notice how grand the castle really was. The floors of the castle were brilliant red carpet and white marble was peeking out the sides. Looking down the hall, I could see the white marble grow out of the ground and create magnificent columns with royal red and gold flags hanging. Gold trim was all around the room and the room shined with gloriousness. My mouth hung in awe.

The guard took me up a set of stairs and turned down a hallway to the left. We went down another long beautiful hallway and then turned to a room. “This will be your room m’lady. The Queen asked for you to be put in this room specifically. If you need anything, a maid shall be assigned to you and she will be living in the adjacent room,” said the guard, showing no emotion in his face but staring directly into my eyes.

“Um… sir? What exactly will I be doing here at the palace?” I asked, mumbling and looking at the ground. If he had told me on the way up, I didn’t remember. The castle was too magnificent to not look at.

“I am terribly sorry m’lady but The Queen has a special task for you and hasn’t told anyone of it. I am sorry I could not help you further.”

A special task? The Queen didn’t even know me yet she was expecting something from me that she couldn’t even tell her guard. The warning the man gave me earlier popped into my mind. Suddenly my mind went to the worst case scenario but I didn’t necessarily know what that meant. “Ah… Thank you, kind sir. Am I to wait in my room then?”

The young guard gave me the once over. “M’lady, would you like me to stay with you as we wait for The Queen? I would let you stay here yourself but it seems that your maid hasn’t been assigned to their new room yet.”

I gave him a confused look. “If you don’t mind me asking sir, but how did you know that my maid isn’t here when you haven’t even looked in her rooms or mine?”

A grin played across the guards lips. “Your maid just walked down the hall, drunk, being dragged by another guard. I don’t want to leave you alone m’lady.”

My face turned red and I turned around. I saw a lady trip around the corner of the hallway. “I do believe that you staying here would be a great idea… I’m terribly sorry but what is your name?” I began to walk into my room as I said this but still facing the guard by my door.

I looked at my room and stopped in my tracks. I thought the palace was amazing but if that was the case, then this room was heaven. The entire wall was gold encrusted with beautiful designs craved into it. The ceiling had a wonderful mural of a night sky and shining silver stars and moon glowing. The floor was white marble and the columns around the walls were white with gold trim.

“Wonderful isn’t it m’lady?” I turned around and saw the guard staring at me with a goofy grin on his face. I nodded my head, turning back to the fascinating room. I went over and fell onto the royal blue and gold bed. I sunk in and my body instantly relaxed. I heard a laugh come from behind me. “My name is Wain. Do you plan on laying like that when The Queen comes in?”

I felt my face become red again before I got up and smoothed my dirty, low-grade dress. I then turned to Wain. “Thank you for the advice. Now if you may be so kind, may you tell me how things happen here? All I know is that this is the palace of The Queen,” I said to Wain, looking off when I asked about how the inner workings of the palace worked.

Wain pointed to the edge of the bed and I took a seat. He remained standing and replied, “All I am cleared to tell you is when meal times are. So, breakfast will be served to you in bed but it will be an hour before whatever task The Queen gives you. Lunch will be served in the dining room after The Queen eats and you shall eat with the palace guard and a few nobles of the palace. Dinner will be served promptly at seven and if you are late, then you will not get dinner. Again, you will eat with the guard and a few nobles but The Queen will also be in attendance. This means that discussion will be limited. Do you understand m’lady?”

Everything he was telling me was trying to sink in but wasn’t. “What did I get myself into?” I rested my head in my hands and started to feel nausea. I felt weight come down beside me and an arm wrapped around my shoulders.

“I’m not sure what you want from working here at the palace m’lady but I will tell you that if ever need someone to talk to, I will be here for you.”

I lifted my head and looked at Wain. My eyes met his spring time green eyes. “Thanks Wain.” Just as I gave him a hug I heard the door to my room open.

“Hello there, Adalena. Getting into trouble already?” asked The Queen, a wicked smiled on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its been awhile. I hope you enjoy the new update!