Sequel: Liars Revived
Status: Completed

Disaster Reformed

Chapter Two

A knock sounded at the closed door, soft and distant, but able to be heard. And somehow Suki knew who it was without even needing to see the face.

“Come in.”

She didn’t turn around as the door creaked open, didn’t look as he appeared next to her. Her heart was racing and she tried calming it, failed.

“You called for me, Tsunade?” Sasuke asked, voice deep, an under layer of annoyance there. She saw his eyes move toward her, finally noticing, look back to Tsunade without showing interest. But then he did a double take. “Who the hell are you?”

Finally she turned, first her head then her body. Eyes locked onto his, watching them grow colder with each second that passed. He wanted an answer. Forcing her lips to part, her voice to come out, she said, “Hello, S-Sasuke. I am Suki, your t-twin sister.” Nervous.

His eyes narrowed into tiny slits, eyes barely visible under them. “You’re my twin, huh? Then why did I not know about you?” he growled, body tensing as he spoke.

“Mother and Father hid me, never allowed me out of hiding to see you. They never really allowed me to do anything, really. It was quite tiresome.”

“Show me your Sharingan.”

“What if I were to say that I didn’t have it at the moment?” She was only bluffing, testing him to see his reaction. Why did she always have to play this game of cat and mouse, toying with the other person?

Throughout this, Tsunade was silent, watching, possibly waiting for a fight to break out.

“You’re a liar, then.”

“Lucky you, Sasuke.” She closed her eyes, summoned her Sharingan, and opened them, looking straight at Sasuke, watching his body release tension, surprise coming from every pore. “Surprised? I’m not a liar.”

His eyes roamed over her body, seeming to try and find a loophole to this problem. Unfortunately for him, he wouldn’t find one.

“Now Sasuke,” Tsunade suddenly said, “I know this comes off as a huge shock, all things considered, but she is your sister. I am sorry you had to find out this way after all of these years, but--”

“I understand, Lady Tsunade.” No one even glanced at Tsunade, were too busy staring at her. It was as if they were trying to make sure she was real, truly there and not some stupid Genjutsu.

“Lady Tsunade,” Suki spoke, voice calm and clear, “may I leave?”

“Ah, yes. You seem to have all of your paperwork filled out and there doesn’t seem to be anything else.” Tsunade stared at the paperwork before her, studying it, making sure.

“Okay, well if you need something of me, I’ll be in the village somewhere.” Turning, she placed her hand on the door knob and turned it, opening the door slowly. Beyond the door was a boy, hand in the air and ready to knock, but he seemed frozen now, staring at her. Naruto. From what Itachi said, Sasuke seems to have a hate/love bond going on with Naruto. She felt as if she should hate him too in order to get Sasuke on her side, but she needed someone as a friend. Right?

“Sasuke, why is there a girl here that looks exactly like you?”

Sasuke seemed to ignore his presence as he walked out of Tsunade’s office, started to walk down the hall until Suki spoke, her tone calm, “I know you have questions Sasuke. I am free to answer them.”

“I don’t have questions. Nor do I even care. Just stay out of my way.”

Stubborn, Itachi had told her. Right. Stubborn didn’t even begin to describe him. It was more of he being a jerk. No wonder he hated everyone. “Now Sasuke, I am your sister and--”

“No. You may think you’re related to me, but you might as well die for all I care.”

Her jaw dropped, shock running through her. What had happened to the sweet little boy she used to watch? The one who absolutely adored Itachi? “Sasuke what happened to you?” she muttered.

“Sasuke, that was rude!” Naruto suddenly yelled. “How can you be so cold to your own sister? She’s family! You’re lucky to have someone from the Uchiha clan even alive, let alone standing before you!”

This boy, one she’d just met and hadn’t said two words to, was defending her?

“Now, in that whole village, there is at least only one person I can think of who will defend your honor, protect you with his life, and love you to death,” Itachi had stated.

“Who is that?”

“His name is Naruto.”


“Shut up, Naruto.”

“Please Sasuke, don’t be this way. I’m your sister. I purposely came here just to see you! When I was younger I had to watch you from afar! Don’t you understand how much that hurts? When your own parents keep you from your brother!” How can I not say anything about Itachi when it’s so tempting?

“Why did you even come here? To get my pity, my sympathy, love? It’s not happening. Just leave, I didn’t ask for you to come.”

“How can you ever think to restore our clan when you refuse to give me the time of day? All I came here for was my twin brother! A twin brother I never knew. And you know what, Sasuke? I changed my mind. I no longer want to know you.” Tears formed in her eyes, but she forced them back. Never show weakness.

“How do you know about that?” Now he was looking at her, she had his full attention.

“Oh, now you have questions? Well it’s too late for answers.”

Baring his teeth in anger, Sasuke took a step toward Suki, but then shook his head, deciding to walk away rather than fight. “You’re not worth my time.”

“Itachi was right about you! He said you were stubborn, but you’re more than stubborn. You’re an ass!”

At Itachi’s name, Sasuke came to a halt. “What did you say?”

Oh no. “I said you’re--”

“No! You said Itachi. He raised you didn’t he?”

She smiled. “Itachi’s a better brother than you’ll ever be, that’s for sure. He’s more caring and protects his family--”

“What has he put into your head?” Sasuke yelled. “He killed our clan!”

“I don’t care about that good for nothing clan! They hid me and left me there to die! Itachi protected me, dammit! He saved me from death, raised me.”

“You can’t possibly be related to me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yayayay. Second chapter. Sasuke's a bit of an asshole still, now isn't he? And Naruto, defending her. Ahhh! :D