Sequel: Liars Revived
Status: Completed

Disaster Reformed

Chapter Four

They sat on a rock, she leaned against a tree. They stared, and stared. And stared some more. “What?” she finally shouted, annoyance layering her tone.

Sasuke stood, Sakura soon following. Suki found this to be annoying, but said nothing. “I just can’t believe this,” Sasuke said. “A sister. Someone blood related, right here in front of me.”

“I can’t believe it either, Sas--”

“No one asked for your opinion, Sakura,” Suki interrupted. Black, cold eyes stared her down as she said, “Why are you even here?”

“Well I need to make sure you don’t go after Sasuke. You could still be lying--”

Sighing at the sudden annoyance, Sasuke looked at Sakura. “Nothing she said earlier was a lie. That I know for a fact.”

“Oh. Well if you’re certain--”

“I am.”

“--then I will leave.”

Thank God, Suki thought as Sakura disappeared. “What a bothersome girl. How do you put up with her?”

“I don’t. Now truly, Itachi raised you?” Anger seeped from him the moment he spoke of his brother.

Wrapping an arm across herself, she wrapped her fingers around her other arm, holding it. “He is my brother, my comrade, a father, even my best friend.”

That could be a problem, Sasuke thought to himself.

“Our parents didn’t want me,” she continued. “From birth they kept me locked away. They clearly never wanted a girl, for they showered you and Itachi with attention. I wasn’t good enough, apparently, I wasn’t strong enough. Itachi, though, being the oldest, had known about me.

“Sure, they fed me and all that, but Itachi was the one who kept me company, stayed with me when I was scared. He took care of me, loved me. I had the chance to leave when I was younger, but I refused.

“I didn’t know you, and I was afraid. Afraid you’d hate me like everyone else did. Hell, that almost happened anyway, now did it not?”

* * *

She sensed Chakra. Chakra so familiar that it had her leaving the village, only to wait expectantly not too far from the entrance. First red eyes appeared in her vision and then two cloaked figures stepped out. Kisame is here? He doesn’t know me, but I know him. Well, of him.

Straightening her back, seeming taller, she looked to Kisame and nodded respectfully, then looked back at Itachi. “Itachi, Kisame, what brings you two here?” Tempted as she was to huge Itachi, she stayed back but her eyes never left his.

Kisame’s hand moved to Samehada, the huge sword on his back. It was wrapped in bandages, the bandages helping to stop it from growing. It absorbs Chakra, and grows as it absorbs it, the scales on it becoming larger, resembling shark fins and its mouth, located at the tip of the blade, to become even more pronounced. It could basically cut through anything, human or not. “Itachi-san, may I kill this girl? She seems like a brat.”

Fear replaced respect immediately and she found herself moving closer to Itachi. He noticed, and his eyes moved to stare Kisame down, fury in his monotone voice as he said, “Watch your tone. No, you can’t kill this girl, and no one ever can.”

Now standing a foot in front of Itachi, she looked up at him and spoke, “Itachi, why are you here?”

“Do not ask such trivial questions of Itachi.” The shark glowered, sharp teeth bared. “Don’t hold me back, Itachi.”

“Touch her and--”

“Itachi.”

Swiveling around, Suki found herself a few feet away from Sasuke. “What are you doing here?” Red eyes strayed past her, locked onto Itachi. So much hatred lied in those eyes. “

“Itachi, you die here and now!” It was as if he ignored her presence altogether. No matter…

“Another annoying brat,” Kisame stated.

As Sasuke grabbed a kunai and started running, she heard nothing. Everything seemed to be in slow motion, the beat of her heart seeming so loud. “No!” Suki yelled, jumping in front of Itachi, arms spread wide as she acted as a shield.

“Die!”

A gasp of pain hit the thick silence, Sasuke took a stumbling step back, eyes wide. Itachi placed hands on her shoulders before she fell; Kisame was oddly quiet, watching the scene with curiosity.

Coughing, blood spat out, and she reached upward, ripping the kunai out of her stomach, another gasp of pain leaving her.

“Suki, why?”

“I told you, Sasuke. He is,” she coughed up more blood, “everything to me. That will never change.”

Taking Suki bridal style into his arms, Itachi calmly said, “If you had intentionally hurt her, Sasuke, you would be dead.”

“You know what, fine. You want to protect a monster, then you deserve to die!” Sasuke once again ran for Itachi, kunais in both hands.

Having her in his arms, Itachi barely had time to react as he jumped into the air, kicking out with his leg, foot connecting with Sasuke’s chin and throwing him back. Itachi’s grip tightened as he did a flip in the air, landing on his feet next to Kisame. “Take her.”

“No, Itachi! Please, don’t leave me. Just tell Sasuke the truth! He deserves to know the truth on why you killed--” A hand snaked over her mouth, silencing. Red eyes glared down at her, not believing what she said.

“What are you talking about, Suki?”

“Kisame, take her and keep her quiet. Just do not harm her.”

“Understood.” Itachi handed her over, Kisame telling her to keep quiet “or else”. At that he earned a glare.

Suki felt betrayed, torn. She wanted to protect both of her brothers, but how can someone protect one who doesn’t want to be saved, and the other that will protect her at all costs? It was as if Kisame knew her next move, his grip tightening, holding immobile.

“Who are you to him?” Kisame asked.

“His younger sister.”

Kisame, shocked, looked down at the girl who he realized looked a lot like Itachi and Sasuke. Why hadn’t he noticed before?

This fighting has gone on long enough! Turning on her Sharingan, she glared up at Kisame, willing Kisame to let go of her, to step back and let her fight. To make someone do something was one of her special abilities, especially with the Sharingan activated.

Kisame’s arms unwove themselves from around her body, allowing her to stand. “Thank you, Kisame.”

Currently the two Shinobi were running at each other, kunais hitting. Itachi seemed that he could hold his own against his brother, seemed to be playing with Sasuke. He could kill him with Genjutsu if he wanted to.

“Stop!” Suki yelled, but they paid her no mind. She’d have to take action, then. Running for the two, she did a hand sign, stopped in front of Itachi, who immediately stopped as he saw her in front of him. Firestyle, Fireball Jutsu! Sucking in a huge gulp of air, she released it, blowing out huge flames like on a flamethrower toward Sasuke.

Moving along with the flames before Itachi could stop her, she came out of the other side of them, her fist being thrown, connecting with Sasuke’s face and throwing him backwards. “Stop it, Sasuke, right now! I don’t care what Itachi did to our clan, and you need to get over it!”

Taking Sasuke by the collar of his shirt, she lifted him, and snarled in his face, “Are you even listening to me?”

Anger was evident in his eyes and instead of answering, she spat in her face, to which she threw back her hand and slapped him, watching in satisfaction as his head whipped to the side. Using that hand to wipe off her face, she glowered at Sasuke. “If you weren’t my brother, I swear…”

“Tch.” Slapping her hand aside, he went to move for Itachi again, only to find Suki in his path.

“No. Sasuke, leave him alone. I do not want to have to… kill you in the end.” Her eyes flashed. “Go home.”

“You couldn’t kill me even if you wanted to. It’s as if you think you’re stronger than me.”

“I am stronger! I was trained by Itachi, remember?” she snarled, venom dripping from every word. “You’re weak, Sasuke, very weak. You couldn’t even defeat Itachi if you wanted to, not that you don’t. But you see what happened!”

“Weak? You think I’m weak?”

“I know you’re weak, Sasuke! I just fought you for crying out loud. I stopped you with a single punch and Fireball Jutsu. What’s that got to tell you?”

Anger overrode his every emotion and he found himself throwing a punch toward Suki’s face, his hand being caught by another, Suki being thrown out of the way. “Sasuke, go home before I kill you.”

A growl escaped Sasuke, but he finally listened, turning around to leave.

Suki, forgetting her wound from earlier until now, collapsed onto the ground just as Sasuke disappeared through the trees. No doubt he was watching, waiting to see what was going to happen. But at the moment, she didn’t care. She cared that Itachi was safe, and Sasuke was gone. Another job well done for her.

“Suki, why did you do that after I told you to stay put and be quiet?”

“I couldn’t just let you two kill each other! Besides, you were going easy on him. It was embarrassing to watch.” A small smile grazed her lips. “Don’t be mad at me, Itachi, please. I was only protecting you.”

“Protecting me for protecting you.” He sighed, feeling defeated.

“Smile?”

“No.”

“Please?” Suki asked.

“No.”

“You’re a mean older brother,” she whispered before falling over unconscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sasuke's such a jackass. I hate him, but I love him at the same time. Ugh. Go Itachi! <3