Status: Work in progress.

Anthology.

Studying.

"What the hell is an interval notation!?" Kaitlyn asks John in confusion. She rubs her eyes and temples, then drops her head down in her algebra book. This whole week has been nothing but stressful for Kaitlyn. Staying up at 3AM to study for tests was never part of her normal routine until now.
"I don't know, I dropped out of college, remember?" John laughs. He pulls the seat beside her out and sits. She feels his hand gently rub her back up and down, somehow calming her down a bit.
"This isn't funny. If I fail this final, I can't move on to business and communication classes. So far, I haven't learned shit. This is all just way too much for me right now." She closes her eyes, drops her pencil, and leans back on the chair. John's fingers run across Kaitlyn's thigh, tracing little shapes up and down it, sending chills down her whole body.
"Take a break. That's what I would do."
"But that's the thing, I can't. I need to study for this. You're not even helping,"
He stares at her for a moment, looking into her eyes. His lips purse together as he reads her thoughts. Kaitlyn and John had that strong connection-like they can feel each other's emotions. And he knows exactly how she feels right now. Worried, stressed, over-whelmed, angry; he feels all of it.
"Just a short fifteen minute break. Wanna go get a Starbucks?" He cocks his head and grins, trying to cheer her up.
"Babe, I have no time. The credit card is on the kitchen counter, though. You should get yourself one. You deserve it for being such a great boyfriend,"
"Are you fuckin' kidding me? I'm not going out without you! Last time I went, weird teenagers kept staring and giggling... Makes me feel weird," The ends of his lips curl down, making a pouty face.
"Oh come on. They're just fans, that's all! Be niceeee." She pats his head, then, well, attempts to get back on track, but that one lanky boy keeps distracting her.
His hands shovel their way under her legs, and he picks her up to place her down in their comfortable king-sized TempurPedic.
"Johhhhhn!" Her head falls back as her eyebrows furrow at him. He ignores her negative energy by kissing her shoulders and neck.
"Hmmmm?" He mumbles in her neck and shifts his weight on his left elbow; his right arm over Kaitlyn for support. John's thin, smooth lips make their way up to hers, and she's finally given up on trying to stop him. Her hand runs up John's arm, feeling his warm skin and tangible veins.
His thumb meets up with her jawline, rubbing it softly in small circles. His tongue finally gains access to entering in.
"Babe," She breathes between their kiss.
"Mmmm," His lips don't disconnect from her skin.
"Exams," Kaitlyn tugs on his lower lip as she pulls on the collar of his denim vest.
"Just shut up," John crawls on top of her, using his two arms to support him up. Not once did their lips break away from each other.
Instead of spending the rest of the night helping each other study for the algebra final, the two made love to each other, showing their affection in every way possible.