Status: Finished

Not Everything Goes Your Way

Chapter Four: Everything Makes Sense

Jaime walked to me and grabbed me by the arms and picked me up so I was standing. He cupped my face and moved the hair out of my eyes. He wiped a tear and was staring at my eyes, waiting for me to pick them up so we would make eye contact. I finally did it after about half of a minute. He opened his mouth about to speak and stuttered a little.

“Babe, it’s okay.” It seemed like he didn’t know what to say, and at this point was thinking of what ever came to mind.

“We can do this, we’re gonna get through this.”

“B-bu-but neither of us are ready for a child. I mean you’re about to go on tour, you’re doing what you love and making your dreams come true, and all I am doing is ruining it.”

“You’re not ruining anything, this is also my fault, and my dreams can wait, my child will always be first in my priorities and then you. Wait, when did this happen?”

“Well when I visited you in Florida, and the night on the beach…”

“Oh.” He looked confused

“Is that why…? And you acted that way…? Why didn’t you tell me sooner, I mean it’s been two months.”

I could tell he was angry because I didn’t tell him earlier, but I was scared and he should understand that. He was also figuring out why everything happened like it did.

“Yeah, that’s why I didn’t drink, and puked in the morning, and forgot our anniversary. I didn’t tell you because I was scared and I couldn’t even admit it to myself until last week.”

“But why were you scared?” his anger had calmed down, and I was relieved, last thing I wanted was to be yelled at.

“I was scared you would leave.” He was shocked I would think such a thing. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me.

“I would never leave you.” By the way he said it; I knew he was being honest. He wouldn’t ever leave me, or our child. I took a deep breathe because I wasn’t as scared anymore, of course I was scared because I didn’t know anything about being a mother, but I had time to learn.

We unpacked his bags, and I cooked dinner. He kept offering to help but I didn’t let him because I knew he was tired. He commented on how good the apartment looked and I explained to him how I had been nonstop cleaning it. I finished dinner and we ate, Jaime was so busy explaining to me how great Warped was, and how I should have seen the people. It sounded so tempting to me… not.

The boys called all wanting to go out, but Jaime told them no, it was going to be a night for just us two.

We snuggled up by the TV and watched movies and ate popcorn, we may have made out a little bit. I just really missed his company and now I had him for a week and then he was going to be gone for another five months, it made me a little sad to think about so I avoided the subject.

We ended up falling asleep on the couch, and at about 2 o’clock in the morning got woken up by a ringing. Jaime woke up first, and by him moving around, it woke me. He checked his phone. Vic.

“Hey dude.”

“Ummmm, hi.” And he was drunk… of course.

“What’s going on?” I couldn’t hear much after that except mumbling from Vic, he then must have said something that Jaime didn’t want me knowing because he jumped from the couch and ran into the kitchen and kept talking to Vic.

What could they be talking about that I couldn’t know? I decide to think about it later and stumble to the bedroom from being tired. I lay in bed and put the blankets over me, not even changing out of the clothes I was wearing.

I place my hand on my stomach and started to gently move my fingers back and forth, there was a baby in there, it wasn’t showing yet, but there was something there. I woke up the next morning with Jaime right next to me, how sweet and gentile he looked while he was asleep and how my kid would look just like him, the exact same way. It brought warmth to my heart. I got up and took a shower by the time I got out, Jaime was just waking up and rubbing his eyes.

“What are you doing? Come back to bed.”

“ I can’t I have to work today, and then I took the rest of the week off, just today I will be gone.” He moaned and rolled over.

-Jaime POV-

I woke up yet again and looked over, 1 o’clock in the afternoon. I slowly lifted myself from bed still being tired. I went into the kitchen to get some coffee and realized Hannah must have drunk it all this morning. So I went for a Rock Star instead. I sat on the couch and started thinking.

I really love her, I would never leave her, she should know that, and to prove that I loved her and would never leave her, I planned a really big surprise for her, I just hoped she would like it.

In seven months there will be a little Jaime crawling around, I can’t believe I am going to be a father. What am I going to do about the band though? I can’t just quit on them, but I can’t just leave Hannah alone with my kid also.

A thousand thoughts went through my mind at once, I couldn’t just let my child grow up without a father, maybe I’ll go on this upcoming tour and when I get back spend like six months with Hannah, she should have the baby two months after I get back if I calculated right.

Just then she walked through the door, it was already 4! I had spent hours just thinking, what a waste of my time, like I had anything better to do.

“Hey hun.” She came over and kissed me.

“Hi, how was work?”

“Oh it was fine, want to go out tonight? With the boys?” I jumped at the opportunity, I needed to get out of this apartment.

We left at 8 and met up with the boys to eat before going to the club. We all sat around the table talking and laughing. Then decided to make our way to the club. I ordered drinks for four of us, not Hannah. I brought the drinks to the table and the boys gave me a questioning look. They all grabbed one, and looked at Hannah who was drinkless.

Vic spoke up first. “Hey Han, why aren’t you drinking?”

“Well it’s not good for the baby.”

Tony looked at me and then at her and back at me. Mike said, “Holy shit, you’re having a little Hime-time?”

Vic spoke next, “There is a baby in there.” While placing a hand on Hannah’s belly. We both shook our heads at the same time, and they all got excited and high fived me.
We later ended the night and went home.

-Hannah POV-

“The boys were sure excited.” I said while getting into bed.

“Yeah they were, just think about them in the hospital, they are all going to want to hold the baby and do everything we’re supposed to be doing.” I laughed at the thought.

Jaime and I spent the next couple of days spending every minute together, since he was going to be leaving again soon. I already missed him even though he wasn’t even gone.

I noticed him starting to make extra efforts helping me since I was carrying his child. I could tell he was already excited for the baby which made me excited even though I knew I wasn’t ready.

Could I be a mother? I suppose so, but I’m going to have to, so I better get used to it. While Jaime was on tour I knew I would have to do everything without him, get the nursery ready, go shopping, have a baby shower, and find out the sex of the baby. I knew it would be hard without Jaime, but I could handle it.

A couple days before Jaime was supposed to leave, he came in telling me he has big plans for us tonight. I got excited by the thought. I ran to our room and picked out the best outfit. A black strapless dress with a white design on it, and black stitched Toms, formal but still able to go party. I left my hair down in long curls that fell past my shoulders. I was ready.

Jaime took me to a really romantic restaurant; we walked in and went to a table. He pulled out the chair for me and then sat down.

“So do you like this place?”

“Yeah I love it.”

The waitress took our order and went back to give it to the chef while bringing back water for us. We ate and talked like we normally would, but tonight was somehow different, I couldn’t put my finger on it though.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is more of a filler. Sorry i haven't updated in a couple of days, I've been having major writers block. I'm not sure how you guys are liking this story so please comment and subscribe, that will be greatly appreciated.