Status: This is the 1st time I have ever tried to put pen to paper for the stories in my head. Please provide feed back and comments it will help me to know if I am moving in the right direction and if I should continue. Thanks K

Embraces the Night

Chapter 19

Councilor Davon was getting impatient waiting for Brody to return home. It shouldn’t have taken this long. He flipped open his cell phone to double check that no call had come in. Nothing! He turned towards Revere and Roxy and said

“Revere, double back towards the hospital and check to make sure everything is ok. I’ll keep an eye on Roxy while you’re gone. Something doesn’t feel right to me.”

Roxy twitched nervously as she watched her twin brother head towards the front door. This was the first time Roxy had been out of the compound in the last twenty years. She was one of the few Astanian females left. Revere had only agreed to bring her with him to Miami because councilor Davon was also in attendance and it was Boethius they were here to help.

Boethius was somewhat of a legend to Roxy and Revere. He’d been the one that saved them and their eldest sister, Tabitha, when their family had been attacked. Neither of them was sure of the details because it had all happened while the twins were still infants. They only knew their parents had been killed and Boethius managed to avenge their death and save them and their sister. The murder of their parents and Brody’s heroic savior had been the inspiration for Revere to become a hunter. No way was Roxy going to miss meeting him in person.

She looked over at Davon. He was still an attractive man for his age. She thought she had heard one of the other woman at the compound say he was nearing a half of a century old.

One of the youngest on the council but still much older than any other Astanian she had shared company with. He was purported to have extensive paranormal mental skills like telekinesis, mind reading abilities and the ability to generate fire in the palm of his hand with just his mind. Skills of that magnitude where rare, even for Astanian of that age.

Those skills however, were not what had Roxy twitching. It was being left in a room with a male. The only male Astanian Roxy had ever been left alone with was her brother, Revere, and Councilor Davon was clearly all male.

He chose to stay in his natural born appearance. His translucent blue skin was as smooth looking as porcelain. He had a prominent chin, and sported sharp chiseled facial features. He had dusty blond hair that hung past his shoulders and the brightest blue eyes Roxy had ever seen.

He was adorned in traditional Astanian wear. Similar to an Indian sari but in less dramatic colors and made from silk. His chest was somewhat uncovered clearly showing he lacked a navel. He had simple sandals on his feet that reminded Roxy of the human Jesus picture she’d once seen years ago before she’d been confined in the compound.

Roxy forced herself to look away from councilor Davon and swallowed a gulp of air down. She turned to call for her brother before he was gone, but forced herself to remain silent. No fear she thought. I begged for this. I will just have to believe that Revere would not have left me if I wasn’t safe. With that thought she turned to face councilor Davon.

“Roxy, calm yourself and have a seat on the sofa. I can hear your heart beating from here.” Davon sat on the couch, patted the seat next to him and continued in a soft gentle tone,

“Come child, let’s chat away your fears while we await your brothers return.”

Just as Roxy sat down, the front door opened and Revere entered with someone she assumed was Boethius or Brody as he was called these days at his side.